Devblog - Updates to The Agency, Journal, and Agent Finder

Apathy - To an extent
Mismanagement - Definitely (on the part of management)
Incompetence - Not on the part of Devs but their superiors, for sure.
Time mismanagement - Time restrictions (put in place by those handing out the work), Devs have strict deadlines which 1; Don’t meet real time needed 2; Force components to be released "ready or not"
Errors - More likely to be omissions due to time restraints and or lack of proper testing, things get overlooked when your pushing to meet deadlines.

Feedback is pretty much irrelevant and ignored unless it is related to something A; already planned (R&D agents) but time restraints meant it was left out of the original release B; It is a bug that is easily identified (some known bugs are nearly as old as the game itself) and has nothing to do with “legacy code” (which has been CCP’s cop-out for years) C; It will have a large enough impact on CCP’s bottom line that they need to act.

This particular thread is quit fortunate - A Dev actually bothered to reply, something very rare indeed…

Sounds like your standard (EA) publisher (management) vs gamedev studio (developer) relationship. I guess nothing to see here. :neutral_face:

Funny that you mention that: 2 former EA devs work at CCP now, and since they joined CCP started to take a dive for the worse.

2 Likes

Actually that was my intention to subtly call people’s attention to the fact. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wow. Decreased functionality and increased time in game. Thanks.

4 Likes

If ALL the sorting functions of the old agent finder are not in the agency function, and I am limited to only 12 “Cards” on the clunky, slow interface, this “Improvement” is unacceptable. Admit the error, return the old agent finder, at least until such time as you fix what’s wrong with the Agency.
I use the old star map, what is wrong with allowing me to use the old agent finder?
With the history of negative comments, and missing elements brought to your attention for a month, what reasoning is used to justify releasing an unwanted, broken, and obliviously under tested feature to the game?

7 Likes

It’s kinda like they are missing some people whos job it is to handle the player feedback. Maybe they should hire more such people, you know, maybe establish something like a “community team”…

Just an idea.

10 Likes

Humm…
It seems I have aroused a touchy nerve in you ‘mkint’. But your are correct about one thing players have no obligation to play this game. However, if you do play then you are agreeing to play with what the content of the game provides.

Well if CCP keeps adding “content” the likes of what we’ve seen lately it won’t be long before TQ matches Serenity numbers for active players - Max (24h):, 6,364 (2018-01-09 13:50:03)

2 Likes

War Never Chang… I mean Eve Patches xD

The Agency compared to the Agent Finder is an outright downgrade!

9 Likes

Do you want to say its NOT an opportunity to use the agency and simplifying the way of finding agents? how dare you, this is really quality content the devs worked the last weeks on!

will you let us buy the agent finder functionaly back for the price of few plex?

bad joke but so true

And could you fire the responsible devs, not sure they are devs

10 Likes

"Dev"astators, probably.

1 Like

I also am very sad about the agency’s agent finder and the loss of the old agent finder. Many faults of the new thing have already been mentioned (long time pre-release, too!!!).

I want to reiterate, stress and add the following:

• Slow/sluggish, takes up too much space (and probably too much CPU)
  • bad sorting and filtering options
  • misses important agents, e.g. generic storyline ones
  • incomplete results
  • when I am not accepting a mission from the nearest agent, that is usually for a reason (undesired target, and “decline” on cooldown), so I do not want that agent to be the only result given to me in the nearest xx jumps!! When an agent is offering me his mission, and I do not take it, then I want to see viable alternatives!!

This current “agent finder” is a very poor development. It is a change for the worse.

And knowing that much of this had been told to CCP beforehand, and seeing that apparently nothing has been talen into account, makes me really sad and unhappy.

7 Likes

Tuesday is coming… What can be turned off next? Trade market? Fitting screen? Right-click context menu? Make your bet!

1 Like

EVE online? CCP?

Launcher’s ability to remember login info?

Already implemented (but fix instable) :smirk:

I wanted to re-emphasize that the ‘Agency’ really doesn’t do what the Agent Finder did in terms of completeness for finding desired agent types in desired areas.

I hope the silence on the subject isn’t an outgrowth of ‘EVE players will learn to live without it’, because with too much of this trend of thinking leading to too many outright feature removals like this, too many EVE players will learn to live without EVE. :frowning_face:

8 Likes