Devblog: War, War Sometimes Changes

Not like it really matters, it’s pretty clear that CCP is just cashing this game out anyways.

Hard to say. Certainly a number of changes to the game over the years have appeared to be “pay-to-win” types of features, such as skill extractors.

Yup. Clearly, Pearl Abyss went back in time to force CCP to introduce the New Eden Store in 2009.

Seriously, you guys should cut back or you’re gonna cause a tin foil shortage.

I’m not trying to wear any tin foil hats, myself. I’m simply pointing out that at least some features have understandably raised “pay-to-win” concerns.

I don’t know what intentions Pearl Abyss has, but I can understand why some folks may be suspicious. However, CCP’s decisions prior to the recent acquisition are presumably their own.

You mean those null sec alliances most likely to fly with a red safety and get themselves concorded by this change?
Yes this change totally is of benefit for them.

Your tinfoil is a bit heavy on the brain.

It seems also that firing on a suspect would leave you without remote assistance, due to the engagement timer. I guess the sword cuts both ways.

Hmmm…

Wrong because all of your friends can fire on the suspect. All of the suspects friends can only sit there and watch.

Just thinking of how this change would work in the scenario below.

3 leshaks in Corp A attack a suspect, a group of valid war targets show up and start fighting the 3 lashacks. Would this mean that Corp A could not remote rep each other (because of the limited engagement with the suspect) but the war target group that has not shot the suspect can?

Yes.
Right now leshaks would all go suspect of course if they tried repping each other even with just the LE, regardless of war status.

is there anyway to own a moon in HS without getting war-dec, most of us not into war’s, we just want to mine and build

You can always mine someone else’s moon belt without an own structure. :new_moon: :wink:

I used to like to rep both sides of a fight… if I stumbled onto a fleet fight or a duel I wanted in on.

Used to happen pretty often, I always kept logi around for that reason mostly… I never used alts.

Usually someone would shoot me.

I can’t remember the last time I stumbled onto a fight. In fact, I haven’t seen a fight in highsec in ages.

Can’t do that anymore… not that there have been any fights to join.

My god, this game has changed.

Find a moon someone owns, watch the chunk, and steal their ore.

Moons in highsec are public resources. You can’t own one.

Please don’t mention that to the poor guy that I used to make pay me rent for a moon in Otela. Was an easy 300m a month. :wink:

I submitted that they are owned by the Empires.

The question stands however, whether or not the structure owner is entitled to any remedy

I would argue no.

1 Like

As would I, to artificial fixes like suspect timers.
I’d like to see them shoot it out instead.
On more equal terms.
This is one of the underlying reasons for wardecs.
And it is denied in this situation.

Man, just looking back and feel a strong urge to repeat the fact that this patch is complete ■■■■■■■ trash. Jesus ■■■■■■■ Christ CCP is in the gutter.

1 Like

There’s nothing like constructive critcism… Sorry, I mean that’s nothing like constructive criticism.