Dhuras for CSM 18

My EVE Story:
Campaign Video
Started waaay back in 2009 Like many people started off doing highsec missions, trying to save up for some shiny ship that would be my baby. (The goal at the time was a Nightmare I believe). Eventually got convinced by some people I’d met in the Heimatar area (shoutout to all the OGs in Frarn and Lustrevik) to try out the nullsec bloc life. Barely remember who it was even under, but after being there for a bit I realized I just felt lost in the crowd and had no interest in that sort of play. Not knowing what else to do I headed back to HS. Ended up meeting some other people who were dicking around in some lowsec areas and became good friends, eventually deciding to try out wormholes together. We were running all sorts of bizarro jank setups for both small/microgang PvP and PvE. No idea what we were doing but having a great time doing it. This is when I realized this is what I wanted to do and this is the kind of group I wanted to fly with, and there’s been no looking back since then.

Why am I running?
Same reason anyone would be: Because I want a voice on the CSM to advocate for what I’m passionate about; what I think would make EVE a more fun place to be, and what I think would make eve more fun is to have more ways for people to affect their area of space, more objectives to fight over that are not so long and so high stakes it will consume an entire weekend; more reasons for people to be out in space, and good rewards for those who risk it, but less guaranteed safety. This extends not only WH space, but LS and NS as well. Below is a more specific list:

• New anchorable structures that give smaller objectives to fight over - Things that aren’t multiday timers, things that are maybe just for fun and not even for a strategic or economic benefit. Give us aesthetic monuments we can put up. Let us wave our e-peen for no economic gain, and let me shoot at someone’s e-peen!

• Finally replace POSs with FOBs - We were promised this years ago, its only reasonable we should finally get this. POS’s are a colossal pain to use or attack.

• New rare WH anomalies - Give some new PvE content for the first time in a long while, and maybe something fun for people to fight over.

• Find a Niche for WH Moons -As is WH moons are worthless, but giving them some ore from another parts of space just takes away from that area. Lets add something unique to those moons to give people a reason utilize them. More people out and about in wormholes is always a good thing.

• Reduction of LS Gate Gun Tracking - Make it viable for frigates/destroyers to engage on gates without waiting around for criminal timer games without getting vaporized by gate guns.

• Make Warp Scramblers Disable Gate or Ansiblex Jumping - If you’re scrammed, you should be in trouble. Its too easy for people to pick and choose engagements and wait out weapon timers. If you’re caught, that should mean something.

• Rebalance of C1/C4 Combat sites - Very few people do these as the isk rewards vs the risk and time of the sites is not worth it.

• Rebalance of T1 Battleship and Pirate Faction Ship Industry - The prices for these are excessive, especially compared to marauder prices. Blueprint material requirements need to be toned down a little bit.

What will I give to you, the people?
the people

You’ll get a casual WH living, NS and LS roaming goblin. I’m someone who is pragmatic and flexible. I know I only have my perspective on things and am always interested in hearing other people’s arguments on why X thing I proposed is terrible (Or great, flattery WILL get you far :wink: ) or why Y should be added to the priority list. If elected I’ll hold some semi-regular VC town halls to poll what issues people feel are currently most pressing. Feel free to contact me in game whenever!

Fly Dangerous
-Dhuras

3 Likes

Oh Hell Yeah!

@Dhuras

1. What has CCP got correct?
  2. What has CCP got incorrect?
  3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?
  4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
  5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?
  6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?
  7. How would you improve PI?
  8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?

Well written! I’m glad to see a candidate give specifics in their opener. You have my vote!

Will you stop RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means, Dhuras?

That’s not something a CSM does. That’s an active issue I’m sure CCP is currently working on, and its not something that’s a focus of mine. I’m more interested in changes to gameplay.

1. The recent FW changes have been good overall. Reducing PI volume was a nice change.
  2. I think the BS/Faction ship industry changes had an understandable purpose behind it; to give a way to differentiate and therefore modify costs of those ships separate from the rest of the T1 ship line. But ever since then they’ve been way too expensive, they need those changes tuned back a bit.
  3. As mentioned in the post, FOB’s and additional small structure objectives to instigate smaller fights.
  4. Abyssal Filaments. Its instanced PvE which really does not belong in EVE< it goes against the core design philosophy of it.
  5. That is so broad I can’t answer that without pages and pages.
  6. Golden ammo.
  7. I use PI but that’s not really a focus of mine, Its… fine as is? Perhaps some additional interactivity as a raid-able objective to create more ways to start smaller fights would be interesting.
  8. I’m not certain, I’m no wizard with UI design, I’d have to defer that question to CSM’s with a better brain for it. I can give a yes/no to what seems like it would/wouldn’t work well if shown something, but I’m not someone who would likely come up with their own design for it. Just not my wheelhouse.
1 Like

What I like about your answer as compared to say many other candidates is that you’re identifying a very relevant and specific issue and implying a reasonably simple solution.

Conflict Drivers. Is there a risk that they just become space clutter. Excusing my complete and total ignorance on the subject, what makes them meaningful as repeat content?

Sometimes this content is the only reason that I log in. Obviously you shouldn’t’t change your point of view just because of me or anyone else for that matter. You have your reasons for valuing what you value, having said that there have been times when the only reason that I continued to be a part of the EVE universe was because content like this existed. Now I’m not always in available space, but I’m in available space WAY more often than if I was playing LOL or WOW or City Skylines…or any other alternative for that matter. I wonder if what you value is really in direct conflict with this content or whether there’s an absence of content that would attract more of what you value to the game INCLUDING people that would log on to experience that. Perhaps the way forward isn’t less of what other people want but more of what would attract what you want, and if that existed, what would it look like?

I guess my job is done here.

This is kind of what I was getting at when I said more content that would attract the kind of play and players that you enjoy rather than less of what other people enjoy. Cool.

I mean you don’t have to agree with me.

Nice, you have your thing. It’s not the Corp UI.

Thanks for replying and good luck.

Hey there Canucks and Friends!

We got an interview with Dhuras earlier today and we are now sharing it with you!

Enjoy!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.