Did CCP secretly nerf Emerging Conduit as of today?

Came back to the game just after Xmas, last time I played I was in nullsec for a year and got burned out, was nice to see I could make good isk in hisec solo or with the corp mates for pvp without the ■■■■■■■■ that comes with nullsec, that didn’t last long, might just walk away again.

3 Likes

I was doing some statistics from these sites. Started to do them 3 days ago, so the data is rather small.
This is just the numbers that I had. They might be far from these others had. A sample of 3 days, and only ~3 hours on each day is a really (really, really, …) low sample. But the data was at least constant on each day.

Data before the change:
Average time between sites: 7 minutes (this is counting from one 4.5 million ISK gain till the next, so with waiting and warping).
ISK/run in salvage: ~1,5 Million
ISK/run in loot: ~12 Million
ISK/h: ~280 Million (this is with 3 characters, counting 8000 ISK/loyalty point). The loyalty points make even 50 million ISK/h (with 8k ISK/Loy point…).

Data after the change (only 6 runs!):
Average time between sites: 17 minutes (this is counting from one 4.5 million ISK gain till the next, so with waiting and warping).
ISK/run in salvage: ~1,5 Million (not changed)
ISK/run in loot: ~5,6 Million (rather inaccurate, because of so few runs)
ISK/h: ~150 Million (this is with 3 characters, counting 8000 ISK/loyalty point)

Yes it is more or less acurate what I’ve been experiencing. Couldn’t cross the barrier of 8.5 sites per hour even if I finished a site within 4 mins there was a respawn timer, and that respawn timer was like 7 or 7.5 minutes. I would rather count 5000 isk for a Lp. plus drop rate today was for me ~3m per site.

So now it gives 4 sites per hour 54m DED payment 12m loot jita price 6m salvage and 3600LPx 5000isk gives 18m total 90m per 3 accounts for an hour

Thanks, will adjust the loyalty points. So far I did not cash them in.
But with the change of these sites, I assume they might even raise again.

I edited the post above but if you do it on one account now it gives 54m/hr. Deducted DED payment for 2 accounts. So before it was 200 now it is 50 ~75% hammered. I believe these are correct numbers.

They could adjust it gradually, decrease the number of solar systems with EC did a lot of things to make the change smarter and less painful/stupid but instead they hammered them to death.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s been nerfed hard. This is kind of BS. I haven’t been doing them lately, because I like to stay diverse, but it was nice when I wanted to chill and make some ISK. Now it’s just not worth doing. This will become dead content until the price of Triglavian salvage increases because people stop doing these. The only other option now is to do the Triglavian invasion systems, and only if you have a group. Those are pretty dangerous for solo pilots unless you have a lot of SP and experience. Sigh… Back to wormhole ratting. :hole:

1 Like

I see a lot of people going on about bots but the nerf is not about bots. I knew the ECs would eventually be nerfed because they were quite simply too good for hisec . Bots or no bots. A couple of hours a day and you could plex your account, buy skill injectors etc. It was easy isk and I never really came close to losing a ship. Still, it is a huge letdown. Without the TSDs the loot is garbage. I don’t know. RIP emerging conduits.

3 Likes

Well now you can get a maximum of 5 TSD per hour so there is still reason there.

Sigh… Back to wormhole ratting.

Yes, I think that is the thing. CCP would rather you go into a wormhole to make your isk where cloakies will be earnestly waiting for you. The emergency conduits were a just a teaser for carebears. You want to make isk get a cheap ship and go get blown up and podded now and then. Or join a corp and fight to own a chunk of space to support your carebear activities.

You can’t do 5 an hour. One can make max. 4 now with almost no loot. More than half people here do not know what they are writing about. But yet they put some shiat figures out of blue.

1 Like

Hai AIdeeeeen

The design intent behind these sites when they were originally introduced was to provide a taste of Invasion content to those that aren’t necessarily able to take part in Invasions proper, namely aimed at newer players, the hope being that they would team up and tackle the content together.
This meant creating a piece of content that was widely available and easy to access, hence the 1 min respawn and HS-wide distribution.
These goals were satisfied but I will be the first to admit that I did not anticipate the subsequent snowballing of botting and min-maxing that started to happen over December and January.
The numbers that we started to see in that period became cause for great concern and a decision was made to space out their respawn timer more and tweak the survey database drop rate.
I understand that people have issue with this but given how the consumption of this content evolved past the initial goal satisfaction, they were a huge problem.

12 Likes

Why dont you fix it since it’s obvious that you know about it? Fix the multiple Alpha log-ins while you’re at it.

Well it is not about adjusting itself but the way it was done. You guys could adress it differently than plainly hammering it down. You could diminish number of SS or just adjust respawning timer instead you killed it. Really said.

1 Like

Sounds like CCP have forgotten The Malcanis Law, namely

“Whenever a mechanics change is proposed on behalf of ‘new players’, that change is always to the overwhelming advantage of richer, older players."

Perhaps put that back on your project whiteboards.

2 Likes

The amount of people getting angry over this clearly shows that it had to be nerfed. There should be plenty of activities to do, not just one single thing that you now have to do all the time because the payout is so much better and doing something else is a waste of time.

Actually any PvE income over 100m/hr in HS should either be a team effort or tied to a certain amount of risk or unpredictability.

3 Likes

Incidentally I hope you ban-hammered a lot of these.

Unfortunately, any form of clearly laid out, reasonable & rational explanations are lost in most of the threads here it seems. I totally get the point and the unforeseen outcomes thus the need for the conduits to be adjusted in this way but…
The problem is, reasonable and rational doesn’t really allow for the flamers to get properly riled up and going again cos they have no real counter to it. Maybe if you had instead posted something like “I nerfed your isk cos I am an Evil Dev and I hate all players” they would have been happier but I don’t think they ever are.

In fairness I don’t think they actually ‘care’ that this happened as it isn’t that big of a deal. Just wait until the next ingame adjustment and they will move on to that :smiley:

It just does not matter. They create more alpha bots.

Definitely the right thing to do given the nature of the site and some of the claims made regarding income.

Indeed.