Did CCP secretly nerf Emerging Conduit as of today?

A statement like that should have been added into the patch notes!

I am a high sec only player and CCP is nerfing High Sec into the ground. I have lived in low sec and null sec, I don’t care for the players or the politics of either. It really is a shame that the only place that get HUGE nerfs is High Sec.

1 Like

And when a nerf happens and people don’t get angry? Do the changes get reverted? Nope.

Clear you guys work on coms

1 Like

You misunderstand.

You getting angry isn’t going to change anything. The change was made for the longterm health of the game. If you want to lobby to change the game back, then make an argument for why it’d make a better game.

‘nerfd ma ticks! I’m gonna unsub!’ isn’t going to help anyone.

I’m not the one unsubbing, but there are plenty of people who are. But my opinion is that alt accounts shouldn’t even be a thing.

Thank you. A good answer, and pretty much as expected.

Even though I personally didn’t take more than a glance at them, I think EC’s were a success in that they did essentially exactly what CCP designed them to, were interesting in themselves, and pushed players to explore something new.

As we mentioned above, they would have been improved by being set up in such a way that did not produce such cookie-cutter content, the same every time. That, plus decent rewards, is what led to the swarm of farming.

In future it wouldn’t hurt for CCP to implement a design stage that says “Okay, let’s say this turns out to do what we’ve outlined here. Now let’s imagine 10,000 players and bots attacking this scene with their minds set on ‘maximum exploitation’. What’s likely to happen?” With a focus on:

• player interactions
  • risk / reward / farming
  • botting / multi-boxing
  • bugs / crashes / negative outcomes
  • player satisfaction or outrage

I think a stage like that probably would have improved outcomes for about 50% of the problems I’ve seen occur over the past 8 years.

2 Likes

You misunderstand.

He said that the argument, that “The amount of people getting angry over this clearly shows that it had to be nerfed.” is stupid, because it implies that any change is good, whether people are angry at it or not.

1 Like

Nah. The butthurt of players indicates a reliance on the content.

But this content was never meant to be relied on by anyone. It’s niche content and by the sounds of it, it was meant to be entry level, a taste of, content that players would move on from after a while.

And with the butthurt/reliance coming from older players, not new ones, it just adds to the reasons why this needed to be changed.

1 Like

fairly valued?

100% safe 23,90/7 available nonstop grinding with 100M /h is OK? In Highsec? just LOL. Ist OK that was nerfed. At least as all other “fairly” ISK Sources.

it is not quite truth.
It was said seven days ago

Imgur

Just few adjusted and ToDo Points that could still come:

Datasites Hacking “adjusted”
Multiple ISK crabbing Activities “adjusted” (Drone agro etc)
Sell/Buy Taxes/Fees “adjusted”
Nullsec Super-Ratting “adjusted”
Highsec Mining “adjusted” (too much ore inside belts, NPC Mining implemented to help Players)
Nullsec Mining “adjusted”
Highsec Conduits “adjusted”

Wormhole ISK/H “adjusted”
Abyss T4-T5 ISK/H “adjusted”
Monthly Plexing from 500 to 1000 Plex “adjusted” (that one is a realy good idea, 500 Plex is nothing for all carebears)

Jesus wept!

That’s how you kill any topic a CCP employee posts and literally tons of followers immediately are saying ya, ya, yea, good, good, good, nod, nod, nod. LOL. Do you really need the forum for anything CCP make it one way communication channel and leave e-mail box down every annoucement.

No it does not.

You are right, but the stupidity of the previous argument made you look stupid yourself.

1 Like

What I find telling is that, for the most part, this is all about the money.

Last night, I did two ECs. I got 9M isk in pay and about 17M isk in estimated loot value, around 26M total value. I used a T2 fit triple rep Eos with lots of capacitor, armor command bursts, and heavy minmatar T2 drones.

I know this fit isn’t one to brag about, and I’m sure there’s a litany of complaints one could levy at its efficiency. The point, though, wasn’t to be efficient. I wanted to do the sites and have some fun with them. The ship is durable enough and has enough damage output that if I am reasonably smart it doesn’t take damage I can’t repair. I have remote reps to assist less tanky cohorts if someone wants to make a team play out of the site.

The nerf doesn’t bother me. I did a few sites for fun every now and then, and I still can. I just get a break in between them to talk to people while I salvage, or write mails, or answer questions in newbie chat, or some such. I get money, too, for which I am thankful. Plenty of ISK for the amount of effort and time the site takes to complete.

I still consider them an overall buff to highsec since their implementation. Highsec didn’t have anything like that before. Nothing else had that near instant repop time. As soon as I noticed that, I knew it was going to be untenable to maintain in that state. It has been toned down, but it is still good, in my opinion, and I appreciate the initiative to bring a lower difficulty, ad-hoc team friendly, and readily available event to highsec.

I guess I don’t understand the anger or what people even do with all that money. I seem to get considerably less of it than the people who post here, yet I seem to be much happier in general with what I do have. I find it confusing, but not unexpected, that people spend so much time looking for things to be unhappy about while not appreciating the good things they do have.

* Edited “faction drones” to “T2” drones. I meant to specify the racial type was Minmatar, having forgotten that ‘faction’ can also be a rarity/quality tier in Eve parlance.

2 Likes

I agree, but would like to point out that, while the complaints on the nerf seem to be mostly “all about the money”, the actual content isn’t.

Not speaking from personal experience since I didn’t run them, but most of the people I spoke to about them weren’t max-efficiency running them to pile up the ISK. They were running them because it was mildly challenging content, with a decent payout, that they could run in a variety of fits, that had a little interaction with other players, and most of all, because they were easily and readily available.

I’ve felt that EC’s were one of the best additions to EVE in the past couple years, content-wise. If they could make them a bit less predictable, and maybe a bit more contestable, they would represent an excellent example of what CCP is capable of doing - when they can be bothered to do so.

5 Likes

Your story mesmerized and charmed me, what a lovely, cute hs crab recount.

“HS crab recount”?

Wait, aren’t you the guy crying his heart out because his easy HS farm got nerfed?

Exactly. The content is still there. Perhaps you might have to look a little bit harder for one to run, but otherwise the content is exactly the same - only the rewards have been touched.

That is because you are not a farmer. You play the game for your own goals and motivations, but it is not solely for the accumulation of ISK.

New Eden is a wonderful virtual world and players are free to set their own goals in the sandbox. But a too large number of them cannot look past a number and get enraged whenever something changes that lowers their income, and actually start frothing at the mouth if their ISK balance goes down because they lose something. CCP making global changes for the health of the game is their responsibility as stewards of the sandbox, and sometimes those changes are going to impact on something you do.

I get if some gameplay is deleted or nerfed into complete tediousness, why people get upset. But if the content is still there, and the reward structure is just rebalanced, nothing has really changed. The noise in this thread kinda shines a spotlight on why people were running that content in the first place, and the power CCP has to shape player activity by setting rewards.

Emerging conduits are still here, and their bigger brothers with much better rewards in the Invasions are still there for those that want more challenge that comes with more ISK rewards. Or if you just liked those sites for some reason, they are still there.

But otherwise, CCP had no choice but to act. Yeah, perhaps that messes with your future farming plans, but nothing in New Eden should be taken for granted. Better yet, CCP should start thinking about building resource sources with built in feedback loops so content is less farmable, and scales with the ease of exploitation, self-regulating the faucet of resources spewing into New Eden more gradually. If there were hidden “overharvesting” regulators, CCP would have to go through this regular public nerf cycle with new content as it is mastered by the players.

3 Likes

The ISK payout remains the same, the change to Survey Database rates was lowering the maximum amount that could possibly drop from a given NPC. The chances of them dropping remain unchanged.

2 Likes

It is 75% cut in drop now so it really does not matter what mechanic is behind and how you achieved this.

I can assure you, it is not a 75% cut.

How about banning bot accounts next time, instead of ruining the activity for everyone, including those not abusing the opportunity?

5 Likes