Diplomacy

Their guns says something else, that’s your moon only if you are able to defend it, that’s their moon if they are able to take it from your hands. 900 Mil is nothing, if you can’t afford losing that amount, don’t deploy structures in contested space.

2 Likes

Diplomacy works if it’s backed by guns. If not, they have nothing to fear from you and you have nothing to offer… get a clue.

1 Like

Just curious, how many structures do you own and operate?

1 Like

If you invested 1 million dollars in the stock market and you lost a 100K, would that mean anything to you?

1 Like

For you to say that over 1 billion ISK is nothing sounds ignorant…

1 Like

It would. But it won’t mean that ones who sold stocks you bought (so price went down) are jerks.

They would be jerks if they sold the stocks to you at the wrong price intentionally.

These individuals then would be the real thieves. So who is the thief now?

If you buy products for one price and then find shop with lower prices, it does not mean that first shop is the thief. It just means you failed in your research.

In your situation? Nobody. You placed a base in lowsec, and lowsec is dangerous. You got that danger.

1 Like

If the products at the first shop are knock offs and jacked the prices means that the first shop lacks integrity so therefore they should not be operating the shop from the get go…

Chances are, it’s very possible that these individuals don’t care about rules or guidelines and that’s why there security status is like -10. They don’t care about rules which in my opinion makes them wreck-less, so why should I respect their rules?

1 Like

Happy gaming and good night bro…

1 Like

If you are fine with losing a refinery then sure, just ignore them.

1 Like

“Stock market”… means risk… so losses are a common occurence. If you are not ready to lose, don’t invest in stock market.

1 bil is absolutely nothing, barely a decent trading day… if thats too much for you that means you are playing in the wrong league.

For your information i don’t operate structures in contested areas because i’m unable to defend them at a reasonable cost. You know, don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose.

They do care about the most important rule, the one that you willfully ignored: Guns wins.

And last but not least, don’t compare Eve to RL, that’s ludicrous.

2 Likes

Use anti-matter.

3 Likes

EvE is not for you

5 Likes

It is you who is the idiot her.

3 Likes

Hello Gask, I hope your refinery breakdown went smoothly, assuming that is what you’ve chosen to do.

In the future, you could avoid this miserable situation by coexisting for a few days with neighbors. Figure out what they are like, and what the area challenges are, particularly with regards to warlike neighbors like the ones who found you. If you are able to befriend at least one or two neighbors, then ask them what their opinions are of you putting down a refinery. What might happen next? Would anyone try to stop you? Could they help you defend, or if not, at least help keep an eye on things for you while you are offline?

Back when drugs were still worthwhile, before the cute little stunt of legalization destroyed an entire subset of industrial careers, I made drugs in a really backwoods kinda place. It was perfect, except we had some hostile neighbors a few jumps over. But I’d also made friends with an old Kiwi who had lived in the system for years before my arrival. What a friend he turned out to be! He talked to everyone. Knew everyone. Knew every way in and out, every fresh signature. All that stuff. He was my silent ally. Nobody knew we were friends. No official alliances were formed, although he did offer. He just kept an eye on stuff for me. When ugly people started sniffing around, I reconfigured my starbase to HARDMODE, deterring threats. When they left, I could resume normal function. My first few conversations with him were nice, but eye-opening as I realized this system I’d been bouncing around in was anything but hidden. He knew everything I did. My every move. Every signature I visited, he already knew existed and had scanned and bookmarked. Every neighboring wormhole entry. I was like, “wow, I just jumped into the deep end!” as I realized just how far some people will take to learn every nook and cranny of their tiny New Eden neighborhoods. It probably felt like a small achievement to get down that refinery. Maybe no one noticed? But you touched their spider web, and they came to check it out, and did what spiders do to unfortunate creatures caught in their webs.

Try to work out a similar arrangement to the one I described beforehand, rather than relying on fast diplomacy. The preexisting conditions were against you long before you started building here. By taking a few days to suss out the situation next time, you can take your industry to the next level.

“I get high, with a little help from my friends.”

5 Likes

You are in lowsec !?! These guys aren’t jerks they are just doing the lowsec thang. If you cannot defend your structure then you had no business putting it there in the first place. If you want to operate in lowsec then you have to build relationships and gain allies.

Your only options are Mercs which will cost a fortune and you’ll prob lose the structure anyway, or, possibly move to lowsec around providence which is nominally policed by CVA. But still even then you will need to put your diplomacy hat on before hand.

You could put your athanor up in hisec but as you don’t have any defensive resources then you’ll be vulnerable to wardecs plus the usual rake of miners who see your moon belts as a public resource.

2 Likes

Cuz they are gonna blow you out of the sky! Have fun falling.

3 Likes