DISABLE SUN GLARE OPTION NOW!

Sun glare should remain in the game, and people whining about it should learn to play. Sun glare is a problem in real world combat, as old as time itself, and it remains a problem to this day. Yes, your spaceship struggles with sun glare, the intense radiation and heat of the sun will affect your sensors. Stop crying about it and learn to git gud.

Also, it adds to the scenery.

Sun glare is not a problem with today’s technology. Lot’s of things are now made with UV Protection, everything from Eye Glasses to Automobile Windshields. There is no scenery to be seen in the game since the on-screen view is completely washed out by sun glare.

You fail as a troll, learn to get gud before posting your BS again.

1 Like

A google search of pictures of the sun from space will give you an idea of what the glare should be. The pictures from the space shuttle/ISS are telling. Our sun at 1 AU.

1 Like

By a new GPU, pleb.

1 Like

Yeah, it definitely doesn’t wash out everything like we see in the game.

The sun is captured in a “starburst” mode over Earth’s horizon by one of the Expedition 36 crew members aboard the International Space Station, as the orbital outpost was above a point in southwestern Minnesota on May 21, 2013.

Image Credit: NASA

Last Updated: Aug. 7, 2017

Editor: NASA Content Administrator

6 Likes

Those pictures are reworked you know?

Real life sun IS bright…i mean look at the sun…even with an atmosphere between you and the sun it’s bright and now imagine the brightness beeing in space without an atmosphere…

Come on…be realistic…

Dude, you’re messed up, space is black and not flooded with white light like it is in the game.

Here the sun can be seen just over Earth’s horizon from the viewpoint of the Space Shuttle Endeavor.

2 Likes

Those pictures are REWORKED so you can see ANYTHING…

Why aren’t you aware of that fact?

1 Like

A lot of the brightness seems to come from the nebulae in Eve, so the comparison to our solar system is imperfect.

Dude, you’re all about being stupid.

The Human eye can’t look directly at the sun but camera’s can.

Says it all.

7 Likes

-sigh-

You REALLY don’t get the fact that even the camera is overbrightend and the taken picture has to be adjusted for your eyes so you don’t see just LIGHT?

Are you REALLY that ignorant?

2 Likes

Sun in both the pictures is 19.1 au away. If anyone has an answer on how i can reduce the glare feel free to post a solution turning down the brightness does not solve the issue already tried that.

You’re ignorant. The sun in space doesn’t wash out everything in bright white light. What CCP has done is make it look like it’s shining through fog which is caused from moisture in the atmosphere like these real photo’s show:

2 Likes

That should actually be a thing. But apply it to your screen… :sunglasses:

Some one at CCP likes this film by the look of it. xD

1 Like

“What has the future in store for this strange being, born of a breath, of perishable tissue, yet immortal, with his powers fearful and divine? What magic will be wrought by him in the end? What is to be his greatest deed, his crowning achievement?

Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, of a tenuity beyond conception and filling all space - the Akasa or luminiferous ether - which is acted upon by the life-giving Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles, all things and phenomena.

The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.”

Nikola Tesla: Man’s Greatest Achievement, New York American, July 6, 1930.

I’ve wanted this for years.

How can our ‘camera drones’ not do something as simple as put a black circle over the sun?

2 Likes

Sunglasses are a great idea, providing they work. That Anderson Cooper advert on the station billboards should include a sunglass option. I’ve always wondered why civilizations with clone technology would need something as primitive as glasses anyway. As if clones were made deliberately with near or far- sightedness so as to need corrective lenses.

Also, if you opt for sunglasses in character creation, why don’t they work when you undock? Bottom line, what’s the big deal about suns anyway? Like I’m going to enter a system and warp to the sun for the pretty view. If I’m going to stare at a screen for hours, the last thing I need is overwhelming light torturing my eyes. Get a clue, CCP, give players an option to adjust light intensity more than the pitiful options now available.

2 Likes