Disappointed returning player

Huh, that’s interesting. So “high-security” space is the most dangerous place to be, while low-sec/null-sec is the safest… When the vast majority of value loss is due to ganking as opposed to real PVP, the game is clearly broken.

Actually I’d say it’s working as intended.

3 Likes

No high sec just has way more players.

I have literally never been ganked in highsec and I have never had one of my shipments lost to ganking, while I regularly ship billions worth of goods.

6 Likes

Really? Are you sure about that? Are you sure that most of the loss in the game was intended to be from a gankfest instead of real PVP fighting over contested space?

1 Like

If you spent the time you wasted crying about us on the forums on researching how to minimize your risk instead you would probably already be mining with almost zero chance of ever getting ganked.

8 Likes

I have no intentions of playing again. I’m just having a discussion while playing ESO, I have dual monitors, I can dual task. I get it though, anyone that is at all critical, is crying, salty, needs to htfu or go back to WoW, yea yea, whatever. I’ve been around since '04, I’ve heard it all before.
Playing Eve = /IAMVERYBADASS

4 Likes

I literally just sold a 40mil sp mining toon that had mined in highsec for almost 4 years untanked without a single loss… ltp and stfu

1 Like

maybe Eve is not for you.

Find happiness wherever you can.

1 Like

No, I’m absolutely not going to stfu. If you don’t like it, you can gtfo.

Some people won’t be happy until this game is turned into SpaceWoW, with dedicated PvP arenas and 100% safe PvE zones. EVE is unique, but it would be just like all the other MMOs out there if it were to be changed to cater to people like the OP.

EVE has lasted this long because it is different, take that away from the game and watch it die.

6 Likes

Yes, because ganking newbs is the very heart and soul of the game…:roll_eyes:

You don’t have to be disappointed, I’m disappointed enough for the both of us that you even considered highsec mining.

It’s literally one of the worst income activities in game and that has nothing to do with code. There is so much money in highsec industry right now, and that’s something like 99.8% not in mining (okay fair enough I made that number up). But looking at the latest econ report 27 trilion + in production in the forge compared to a little over a trillion in mining. if we add the citadel, lonetrek, and Domain we get something like 57 trillion production, 4 trillion mining.

Lets just say I want a slice of the big pie and the difference is big enough I’m not even looking at the crumbs of the other pie.

Oh, you’re a newb are you? I thought you said you were a returning player?

So are you not returning because you feel heartbroken for all the poor newbies out there?

Be clear and stop lying.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I actually wanted to make industry kinda my endgame. I was planning on starting by mining and working my way up from there. I was interested in all aspects of the production chain, from acquiring resources, into research and production, and finally to market. I’ve always found it fascinating when I’ve played in the past. I’ve actually trained that character into mining barges (I believe) a long time ago but I never did anything with it as I mostly played on my main. I just have zero interest in combat anymore, be it PVP, or PVE.

I never said I was a newb, I said Ganking newbs in general. What the hell is wrong with you people? You can look up this character yourself if you’re so concerned about it, he’s been around since '07 I believe, my main has been here since '04.

No actually, I’m not returning because of people like you. I kinda thought that the community here might have matured. Boy, was that ever a wrong assumption.

You are not critical of the game. You just cry for changes because you don’t want to invest any effort into researching the options you have to make this a complete non-issue.

If you had asked for advice people would just have provided you a fit which makes you almost completely invulnerable in highsec.

4 Likes

all i can say is what?

this should clear up your misunderstanding of where the real industry happens. Last i checked Lonetrek, Forge and the citadel arent null sec. Ok they dont have a strong focus on capital ships, however the only null sec area that has a strong focus on industry is delve.
http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/73542/1/1_regional.stats.png

Personally seeing that much activity, i could only assume preparation for war, if they’re not already involved in one.

if he/she is truly a industry vet, then they wouldnt need to go through all those hoops for industry, they would at least have a spreadsheet setup and would only need to manually change the values of the items.

RMT has nothing to do with who controls what part of the economy as long as that person is savvy about the market and has enough capital, they can control whatever they want within reason obviously.

1 Like

So all gankers focus purely on newbies do they? All those newbies flying 18b ISK freighters… my heart bleeds. Some newbies get ganked, yes, but if you think that makes the game worse or causes them to quit, think again.

3 Likes

Thank God for @Pix_Severus :rofl:

4 Likes

Not at all, I don’t want any changes. I’m not coming back, I thought I made that perfectly clear. Don’t worry, your status as a hardcore badass ganker will remain upstanding.