Discussion about "Into the Abyss" update

Well it sorta does, they’re buying PLEX and then selling it in game for ISK to buy ships and mods for PvP.

I just think if they bought a year sub right from the start, they wouldn’t have to worry about ISK to maintain Omega status and would have access to everything. And as an Omega they can still continue buying PLEX to fund their PvP with no limitations whatsoever.

1 Like

Hence, it doesn’t make sense to stay Alpha.

It’s like anything that is bad and disastrous for this game, you support it.

1 Like

Than maybe you think it was also a bad idea to give alphas option to use Faction ships ? When there was discussion about to give or not to give Alphas ability to use Faction ships Battlecruisers and Battleships. And there was peoples who also said that its a bad disaster idea to give Alphas Ability to use Battleships and BC and Faction ships, it will ruin game mechanics, why alphas should have same abilities like we ? If alphas will be able ro fly on Battleships universe will collapse itself…Etc… Etc… And ? When CCP had give alphas more options there is more new players had join the game, and well, there is starts some activity in low-sec, null-sec, and of course a lot of newbies are flying now in high-sec.

3 Likes

I personally more agree with Salvos Rhoska, DeMichael Crimso, and Dmitrij, at all.

1 Like

Unless they expand the Alpha skill pool to include the new Precursor skills I don’t see how Alphas will fly the new Trig ships. What’s more likely is that these skills will remain Omega only, so as an Alpha you’ll have to upgrade to train into and utilize these.

1 Like

I agree, but maybe they will at least see that community exist and spoken about this problem :wink:

1 Like

There are not more (new) players now dude.

are you sure ?

And also, just need to fly into systems where newbie spawns (like start system), there are new players.

1 Like

I dont think restricting the Trig pockets to Omega will increase subs.

I also dont think restricting the plasmutid modified modules to Omegas, will increase subs.

I do think the process to apply plasmutids to a module should be exclusive to Omegas.

I dont think restricting the Trig ships to Omega will increase subs, in and of itself.

I do think restricting the skill levels an Alpha can reach to operate Trig ships, will be sufficient.

3 Likes

I absolutely agree with you, Salvos Rhoska :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’ve stated this previously, but the Trig ships just aren’t that good.

4 Likes

Everything else on Into the Abyss looks pretty solid but CCPLS no, you’re our only hope. If those mutaplasmids make it into the game I will be very very sad. If you want to rip something off of KRPGs please just don’t make that the thing. RNG item enchantment is cancer!

Post here to show your support if you agree!

10 Likes

Im most concerned about the effect being permanent on the modules.

I think plasmutids would have been best implemented as a consumable that runs like overheating on a module, consuming charges per cycle.

4 Likes

Well, yep, you can make with thos things, from faction module, new module which will have stats, even more then the Officers modules. Also if you interesting, there is existing another problems with that, and we even have whole topic about it, so please read, and post your mind there:

It isn’t often I agree with your opinions. This time I do.

I’m less concerned with the “Item enchanting RNG” and more with what else they may copy with it from other games which already have such a mechanic. Like chance modifiers from the cash shop. This would be absolutely horrible and I really really hope they don’t do that.

4 Likes
2 Likes

One-time RNGs to maybe make a permanent, tradeable super-item is a bad mechanic, agreed. It’s basically a “rich get richer and poor get poorer” mechanic that, once introduced, cannot be removed or fixed (just try taking a super-item away from someone who paid billions for it), and it leads the game in a very undesirable direction.

It’s one thing to say that EvE is a dog-eat-dog galaxy and may the best man win. It’s not an even playing field but at least it’s not a completely rigged one. Going the magic-item route pretty much turns parts of it into a rigged game.

Salvos idea of making them a sort of ultra-overheat, perhaps with no damage, would be a better path. You might need to drop more of them in a single instance to make it worthwhile, but at least it wouldn’t do permanent damage to the overall game setting.

Edit: I suppose they could even work as a pilot booster or something, enhancing a number of performance areas for a set time. Short time or long time, or a mix of long and short duration drops… again it would be a useful experiment that does not add a permanent, unfixable feature to the game.

1 Like

How you can add thousands of new possible items to the game without expecting it to create more lag in a game already struggling with lag is amusing at least.

Next will be more graphic effects or piles of one off ships that no one will ever use.

2 Likes