Discussion about "Into the Abyss" update

It seems the Auto Open Script didnt work. Was supposed to be opened yesterday. it is open now.

A script not working as intended in a CCP website? Inconceivable!

5 Likes

Ofc there will be.
Ofc I took that into consideration.
Filaments will be destroyed via PvP and lost in players leaving EVE, like every other commodity.

So what?

From my recent runs on SiSi, all I can say is this:

People are going to lose ships in this thing, plenty of them, and filaments too.

I think CCP really tried to emulate some aspect of Roguelikes in that you are not guaranteed victory, the content is not made for you to win over it like 99% of missions out or WoW dungeons.

From SiSi, they are kinda close to the 2 filaments, 1 of same level, 1 of higher level, per run model, which I like. Even with that model a player could actually find himself out of Trig-space by simply wiping too often! So there is fuel for a market and demand, especially for L1.

And for the other levels, I am more than happy for a player to be able to build his collection organically to conveniently run the content he feels like doing. This will create happier players without reducing the player interactions that will be generated through Abyssal items.

2 Likes

I think there may be a way to deliberately screw up at least 1 npc spawn however I need to test it but i’m at work now and hugely put off from trying after past few days tests.

The more filaments drop, the less will be the value of filaments and loot from the pockets.

I’m still against anything more than 1 filament to the next pocket dropping (guaranteed). Adding even 1 filament of the same tier drop, of any % chance, leads to the tree model more or less, and devaluing of all filaments and the loot in the pockets as a factor of increased supply.

That one additional filament drop, is the biggest leap towards less reward.

It’s not as simple as that.

It’s a triangular relation between droprate of filaments, droprate of loot and worth of the loot.
Worth of the loot is not only determined by its rarity but also by what it has to offer in real gameplay.

Edit: actually there are more dimensions, like difficulty to complete sites, risk etc.

2 Likes

Its as simple as that, when it comes to the supply based value of filaments, and directly subsequently to the value/supply of what rewards can be won within the pockets those filaments create.

The more filaments generated, the less will be the value of both the filaments and loot from within the pockets those filaments create.

To use your triangle/pyramid model, the whole system depends/balances on availability/value of L1 filaments, as the base of an inverted pyramid.

The more filaments there are, the less value the drops from within the pockets will have, and the less value the filaments themselves will have.

I seriously/severely recommend the linear model of only one guaranteed drop of a filament to the next Level, upon completion of a pocket.

If there is any chance of additional filament drops, availability of filaments to L2-L5 pockets will grow quadratic based on the drop chance, leading to an expansion of filament supply the further you progress down the L1-L5 chain.

This will wreck the filament market, and harm the value of drops from latter pockets, especially.

Much simpler to set the model as linear, as one guaranteed filament drop to the next level, per pocket completion.

The introduction rate of L1s, and thus chains from L1-L5 can thus very simply be adjusted, just by how many L1 filaments drop from Data sites, and the value/supply of L2-L5 filaments and loot from within them stays in correlation (as can the drop rates of loot in those pockets).

If Trig pockets supply multiple filaments, it would be like DED/Anoms providing multiple escalations/expeditions. Anyone with half a brain can see that the result would be the collapse of the value of the rewards from the escalations/expeditions, as a factor of supply.

TLDR:
ONE L1 leads to ONE chain to L5.
Thus we avoid a massive set of unnecessary complications, and the supply/demand on the filaments/loot remains rational and linear.

Looking back at how CCP has handled other sites and their drops, I can say pretty surely that what you are pushing for won’t happen.

3 Likes

Whom are you referring to?

If its me, the precedent in EVE is that all content is linear in progression.
One escalation/expedition/site/mission/pocket only leads to the next ONE, not to multiple ONES.

nope.
you don’t need to make a L3 to do a L4.

your argument is absurd.

3 Likes

You need to do an L4 Mission an Agent assigns you, to do another L4 from them.
(Unless you abandon it, for penalty)

You already agreed its absurd you leave a Trig pocket with more filaments, than you entered into it.

So what if you do can’t run all of them anyway
Some weather is freaking crazy on top of the spawns let’s say tier 5 firestorm would anyone who seen the sites seriously do that

Exactly.

If you cant run an L4 Trig pocket, sell the single filament you get from completing the L3 to someone that can/wants to. They will continue the chain.

never

Well, that’s the definition of you don’t.

Thus, you DON’T need to do a L3 agent to do a L4 agent, thus your argument is absurd.

1 Like

Its linear from the Agent.
You cant get another L4 from them unless you complete the L4 they assigned you, or abandon it,

thus is is not.

your definition of linear is completely wrong.

You cant get another filament to the next pocket, unless you complete the one you started.

there is no “next pocket”.

BTW linear in mathematics means, the outcome is a multiplication of the income (+delta).

multilinear means that it is linear with respect to all dimensions.

If I I consume one filament, I complete the site, and I get back two filaments, the filament production is linear.

2 Likes