Discussion about "Into the Abyss" update

that may be a side effect but not because;

Its one and the same.

But its not important now, here, except that the rewards are not defined by the sector the filament is activated in.

The filaments are a commodity that should be activeable anywhere, and for the same reward. The risk is on the part of the player.

That’s a good idea. The specifics might be difficult to agree on, depending where people stand and which area they consider more or less risky. Having risk-free Tier1-Tier3 in Highsec for the same loot drop, isn’t good. A lowered dropchance on loot or maybe even filaments could compensate for that. But how exactly should it be done?

In the other thread people proposed to get rid of entry to Tier4/Tier5 in Highsec altogether. That’s also an option and I think it is generally better than the weird suspect-timer solution (as people convinced me over time, at first I thought it makes more sense).

Also, I posted somewhere an idea of how to get a hold of the farming issue. Say, there was a timer that does not let the same player open Abyssal pockets in the exact same solar system one after the other. Let’s say the timer would be 4 hours, it means if you run an average of 4 sites per hour (which is pretty much farming non-stop), you have to visit 16 different solar systems to do so, before going back to system 1.

I think that would already solve a lot of issues with farming in any area of space. I guess for Wormholes there should be a shorter timer, because of the increased difficulty to move around.

Protip : When he starts repeating the same thing again and again, that means he kow he was wrong. He just admits his defeat by playing the fool.

“I was plying the idiot all along, yo know”. Yes we know.

1 Like

that is the question isnt it! up to CCP to decide i guess.

I agree.

2 Likes

that would undermine the point of abyssal deadspace being short pve content on demand as CCP stated upon its announcement. However, there is a 30 second or 1 minute (not sure which) cool down timer after exit that prevents reentry to another pocket and teathering.

Fking ironic and hypocritical, since you claimed the intent of these pockets is to allow “content on demand” for people with a very limited time online.

Incredible. You really cant introspect at all, can you, or are you so veiled in self-interest.

Or was this an attempt to sideline the topic of earning more filaments per pocket?

One filament= One pocket = One filament reward to the next L pocket.

We should not be rewarded with more filaments than we entered the pocket with.
The other loot in the pocket, and the one filament to access the next one for more loot, is sufficient.

Its the opposite.
When I start repeating myself its because I am right, and those that are wrong do their damnedest to avoid recognizing that, thus prompting me to repeat the same question they wont answer.

Tippia is no longer with us, but I continue her tradition as a pitbull that wont let go till you address the issue or mistake. The more you resist, the harder I will bite, and I will not let go.

It makes sense, that each pocket should only drop 1 filament to the next pocket in progression.
It does not make sense, that you earn more filaments from a pocket, than you had to enter it.

If you dont want to run the L4-5s, sell your L4 filaments to someone that does.

Well, it isn’t a short session anymore if people run it for hours non-stop. I agree, why not give people the chance to run 2-3 sites in a short session of 30 minutes. Having 1-2 gatejumps in between really does not cost anymore time, especially since there is anyway a short timer, as you say. It would still work.

Now if you want to run 50 in a row, that’s not the same thing anymore. That’s farming and I think there were good arguments why this could become broken. Having to move through Stargates in between running sites, which effectively costs you 1 minute max, would increase the possibility for PVP to occur for those who try to farm sites in very remote locations.

You mean the more people try to bring reason into this discussion, the louder you will bark.

1 Like

That is currently possible, and likely in the live version as well.

The issue, is can you source more filaments out of that pocket, than you used to enter the pockets with.

No barking, I bite.

You still have not refuted/explained why a single filament drop to the next pocket is bad.

one pocket is 20 minutes. the content itself is short. multiple runs aside.

it may prevent people as they may have a safe system then move and alert reds.

You are confusing the max duration of the pocket, with actual completion time.

Yes, it could. It wouldn’t be easy to balance I think, but allowing farming in safety for hours and hours is also not good.

1 Like

Agreed.

Especially if the pockets generate more filaments than you used to enter (one), leading to a perpetual cycle from a stack of L1s, such that you never need to buy a filament again.

I would hardly compare your style of forum-warrioring with that of Tippia’s.
All I see is you trying to emulate the Bellman with “What I tell you three times is true”.

There will always be losses of the filaments from circulation. Please take that into consideration.

2 Likes

I am giving all of you a break. I am staring at about 44 System flags at this very moment and about 25 to 30 of them are from this Thread were people cant learn to Argue peacefully. Temp closed till Friday.

4 Likes

And you know the best part?

For Every False Flag I Remove, it lowers the Credibility of the person filing the false flag. Eventually, if they continue on, there Flags will mean almost nothing.

5 Likes