[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Lolz. This is going to be a fun Friday CCP bash thread. So to avoid jumping on the wagon I’ll comment on something else.

The plex pricing is a little screwy. It’s cheaper (admittedly by a few cents) to buy plex in 50 increments all the way up until you start the “bulk’ discount. That seems a bit weird

19 Likes

normally you would bundle this with a massive content pack like fixing sov and introducing new ships. yall got any devs over there still?

33 Likes

yeah ■■■■ this. lapsing my 3 subs

25 Likes

F you CCP.

29 Likes

The new prices on Omega include all upcoming content releases for the game

looooooooooooooooooooool

55 Likes

A 5% increase would be acceptable but hey lets SLAM THEM WITH A 30% increase instead

20 Likes

“Adding even more value to your Omega subscription.”

giphy

99 Likes

What’s the change in other currencies?

14 Likes

u r just kiddin right ?

55 Likes

This isent ok CCP.

5 Likes

Congratulations CCP! You have once again proven to us where your priorities lie, and shown us it is not the players you care about most, but instead your bottom line. I will be unsubbing all of my accounts at the end of their Omega time.

Regards,
Okarsi

35 Likes

The 17th of May is a Tuesday. That’s update day. Maybe we will get everything we have been asking for drop all at once on that day as a nice surprise.

9 Likes

Just give us more “update”, not a “reuse”.
Please give us a acceptable reason to increase price.

10 Likes

CCP, when you begin with inflation as a reason for this crap price increase, please save us from how valuable your yet-to-come content is.

16 Likes

Well, that’s my alt accounts subscriptions cancelled.

19 Likes

so by the looks of it when i pay in UK pounds Stirling I am having about a 38% ish subscription increase when I pay monthly - thanks but no thanks.

16 Likes

Interesting. You’re right, there is no bulk discount for the smaller packages. I guess they wanted to give players more granular plex purchase options between 50 and 500 PLEX. From 1000 and beyond you get bulk discount.

I guess they didn’t want to use the ‘discount for larger packages’ all the way to the small packs - the new small package pricing allows players to make very small purchases to get just as much PLEX as they need, without feeling like they’re missing bulk discount that they would get with a package one size bigger. So players can buy 2x 50 packs for the same price as buying 1x 100, which I guess encourages more small purchases at that level.

7 Likes

CCP giving the shaft to those of us who pay monthly.

28 Likes

I personally believe 20$ a month isn’t that horrible if the content we get is worth 20$ a month.
I am hopeful that CCP will use this to step in the right direction :slight_smile:

So, yay from me. Although I believe a lot of people in my corp who have alts will unsubscribe some of them just because it now is too expensive for them to run 5-6 alts just for fun using real money.

15 Likes

So buy six months to get a monthly cost equivalent to previous monthly sub.

7 Likes