[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

So, the newly introduced 2-month subscription costs $3 less than the old 3-month re-sub… that’s a rather substantial hike CCP, very substantial indeed.
Given how rarely I log in, I’m guessing unsubbing just got a lot easier.
My account would have turned 15 this year too.

I’m sorry you disagree with me however that is your opinion and not fact.

The buying decisions of a consumer is not up to the company. They can adjust their pricing to what they feel like it’s worth. If the consumer does not agree, the consumer will not buy.

We as players are not required to buy their product. Most of us who play Eve also play other games and can easily go to other genres or MMOs. This isn’t the only game out there. It sucks to walk from a game but at the same time, it’s just a game. Once that value is eclipsed by cost, that decision becomes easier.

Again you feel different and that’s valid for you, but your reasoning isn’t valid for everyone else.

Everyone can and should make their own decisions on the value this game brings to you.

It isnt about the ships. It’s about the fun. And if we are all honest, has been dwindling for a few years.

If you find the value in this, all the better to ya. Many of us are evaluating that.
I have bought MANY packs and plex. I was fine doing it, as it was an optional expense I found fair.
But as it comes to a sub, I may be offline for 2 weeks due to work. Or kids and commitments. I see an increase in dead money and lost value here across many accounts with sub cost.
And you can say “just 5 dollars”, but if you aren’t constantly evaluating your line in the sand on what makes sense for you, and what doesn’t, your wallet will be milked to death over time.

Also, stock up on food/water. This fall, the real food shortages start.
Along with everything else, the farmland in the midwest US is bone dry and no fertilizer.

1 Like

It’s obvious real world money doesn’t mean anything to you,
You are either given it or don’t know it’s value yet, either way your talking point is irrelevant.
and this is good for you have at it. Yeah I am a group thinker, my group is my wallet.
but hey, good for you, you just need mom to increase your allowance.

TBH could be i mixed that up with another game.
Never seen the Pound price and just remembered i did see the Dollar price once and it was the same than in €. But as said than i guess i mixed it up. apologies :slight_smile:

old 1 Year - 540 € - 3 Accounts
new 1 Year - 720 € - 3 Accounts

thats INSANE…

5 Likes

No worries mate! I’m a bit miffed they couldn’t be arsed posting prices for the rest of the world.

shocking increase , selling ships for RL cash smacks of desperation and was bad enough but guys cmon , 30% increase lol , eve online could well have taken its first proper step to being eve offline

4 Likes

At the moment $14.99 is £11.68…so i guess at the time they last adjusted sterling prices it was close to this exchange rate, so they they might of rounded it up to £11.99.
if thats the case again $19.99 is £15.58 at the moment…which could end up being £15.99

Every single person disagreeing with this change here, and now, is going to be proven wrong by TIME.

After the passage of time, the game will stabilise and it will be healthier for the better price pointing. The community will still all be here and subbed. The game will continue to survive forwards.

Why not take this chance to say during the early hours the correct assessment, rather than talk nonsense that is soon to be proven invalid.

This is sound business decision making.

so using odd converter as i am in the UK and pay in £ rather than $

1 month is going from £11.99 to to £15.58, nearly 30% increase
3 months from £29.99 to £37.40, nearly 25% increase

that is rather a steep hike isnt it? better to review prices yearly isnt it and do small increases rather than massive hikes like this every now and then

Can you confirm plex costs for game time?

Well when ur old like me and as everyone knows SSI is a set income Your 30% change begins to hit as game is x food is x and meds are x sorry but game loses as food and meds are increasing also but the income does not

2 Likes

So just a projection, people will try to hang with the increase in price, because they love the game.
but that price increase will start to hit them fast, soon no more in game buys like skins and clothes, because why buy that when your extra cash is going for sub fee’s, then that extra increase will start to hit your netflix or crave account… or beer money, maybe going to the movies…
Also people like me, I live in Canada so it US price + another 30%

Think this is the first time ive ever thought about posting on here, I’m sorry ccp but even I think this is too much and if it goes live ill let me chars expire as well. I left World of warcraft because of crap like this and rehashed crap content. You are becoming like blizz did and look what happened there. they have at least listened too there playerbase and are releasing new content people have actually asked for after we all left. All you are doing is making me think time too go back.

1 Like

Most eve players are smart enough to understand the sunken cost fallacy.
I am going to save the $1,250 a year and be significantly better off in real life. Almost made it to 10 years in eve.
I understand prices must keep up with the times BUT NO is upping prices like this. With nothing new to offer.

6 Likes

the final nail in the coffin

i will cancel subscription on all my accounts

1 Like

It isn’t fair to compare pricing to WoW. WoW has like 150 times as many subscribers. The game we want EvE to be appeals to only a tiny fraction as many people. So development costs get defrayed over 1/150th as many customers with EvE.

An absolute joke, a whole 3 pounds more per month, a colossal and bank-breaking 36 pounds sterling per annum.

I think it’s time CCP started to charge Alpha Acc’s $5 a month strike now while the irons hot because there’s going to be thousands of them.

2 Likes

Yeah except for a super new incidental Omega 1 month 30% off promo for the next 3 days.

1 Like