[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Just not worth it anymore , 2 increases in no time at all , people struggling with the cost of living so what do you do , you shove it up your long standing customers , well i hope it comes back and bites you on the a$$ CCP

I say they do it like always. just 1:1 $ to ā‚¬ Rate like always ;3

GOING UP Ā£3.56 GBP

Absolutely invalid, and wrong.

When a product has a price point review, and that product has not had a review in many years, in a decade, and so happens to be a best in category product - guess which way the price goes?

This price increase is a belated necessity they should have done years ago.

My only criticism is that they gave us notice so the cheap skates can pile in on the old prices before the prices change. Id have changed them instantaneously to the posting of the announcement - to keep the playing field fair.

1 Like

May keep 2.

May not. I liked having 8.
I have other things I could do. Had they made a 10% adjustment, no one would have blinked. But 30%?
come on.

And they havenā€™t exactly done a stellar job of managing their game. Most of us are still here more for friends and nostalgia, than itā€™s current state.

1 Like

Where does it say that?

All non-dollar transactions will be required to be conducted in bitcoin, Iā€™m sure.

Oh the Plex price!

Mate, you are an owner of virtual assets in the finest single shard virtual universe every designed and delivered.

If CCP is interested in raising the inherent value of the game, that raising tide will raise your ship too mate.

Think about it.

Well current monthly Omega is Ā£11.99, not Ā£14.99, so it seems they donā€™t always do it like that

Absolutely not. Your subscription prices for a game where the developers ā€œknow betterā€ then the player base and have shown continually they do not listen. Iā€™m out, there is no world where a game with this little of updates reused assets, repetitive content is worth it.

Iā€™m not here for your game, I use to be but now itā€™s all about the players (witch you killed off of all of our Indy folks with your ā€œprosperityā€ and ā€œblackoutā€ expansions. (if you can even call them expansions lmfao)

Later CCP

3 Likes

Why hike sub prices? Especially this high? Why not just adjust plex, skin and other NES pack prices?? That would make more sense.

This is a big mistake, and I hope you realize about it before May 17th. If you want to kill EVE just shut it down.

1 Like

I previously looked at it like EvE didnā€™t manage to reach the kinds of subscriber levels CCP hoped for, so they decided to leave it online with relatively limited new content, and relatively low revenues.

Now they are making a play for high revenues. Thatā€™s great, but that changes the whole deal. That means we will now expect a resumption of significant new content development.

CCP, is that the plan? If so, now is the time to say it before people start unsubbing.

No, you are not. You are a licensee of access to virtual assets owned by CCP, and you are a laborer whose every effort in-game is owned by CCP. Anything you write down in the client is also owned by CCP, as per the ToS/EULA. You own nothing of EVE.

10 Likes

Itā€™s always good to be optimistic. Given their track record of trumpeting any updates small or large prior to release, itā€™s hard to see any as yet unrevealed major update happening in 3 weeks.

I just started this game 12 days. I want to Omega in September because I start working that month.

I was thinking ā‚¬14,99 is expensive but it seems like a good game and its beautiful and I want to be a space pirate and see all the nice explosions ( maybe more mine than other players but :rofl: )

Now I have to calculate the ā‚¬4,99 on top of already expensive price :expressionless:

I need to lose some weight.
I love Burger King, its new here and much better than McDonaldā€™s and Quick.

3 fast food meal a month instead of 4 and maybe I donā€™t go theater that much. :thinking:
That should save me enough on my allowance for Omega.

Ok, CCP. ā‚¬19,99 a month but if I canā€™t get out of my capsule to flirt with other capsuleers while we play chess in full 3D avatar and see my ship in dock from a barroom within 1 year I donā€™t play anymore.

Make it happen please :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok so the figure is less than 24.1% loss either way itā€™s based on a figure increase that offsets the loss

What Iā€™m nearly pointing out is that any increase will involve an exodus, how big is determined by individual value of the subscription in the first place.

Either way, this is the reason is not a small hike. #justsaying not agreeing with it or disagreeing.

Ultimately people whom see value end up subbing for longer to gain the same savings or more. Which in that case the scenario works out for both.

1 Like

That is rubbish. I was keeping my market alt subbed to encourage you (3 accounts total), will be unsubbing this one. This is a lot of money youā€™re asking for with no significant new content (still running combat sites in my marauders for years and nothing new on the horizon site-wise for this kind of ship). So yeah, consider me gone after these price changes.

1 Like

Wonā€™t happen. They tried to do it in 2009, and removed the last vestiges of that attempt only a few years ago. Itā€™s a nice dream, but donā€™t expect them to even make another attempt.