[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Well this is way over the line. It seems like CCP has a huge ego and that we all will hang with this MASSIVE increase in pricing. NO THANKS. This is going to result in me quitting as I can not sustain this increase in my budget. Way to ruin what once was a GREAT game.

:pleading_face: but then why all the character creation with 3D clothes and makeup andā€¦?

19,99 per month for mostly 2D only ships in 3D in space skybox is, sorry but, laughable?

1 Like

This one costs $11.29/month if you get a 2 year subscription.

1 Like

if youā€™d release any new content whatsoever we could talk about a price increase

but for years there has been no content

it is obvious that this ship is sinking and all u do is to get as much money out of it

1 Like

First: thank you for the stable prince in the past

~30% is a little extreme ā€¦ no Idea how we should get new players at all to omega

Im mainly in Bad mood because of the low improvements over the last years ā€¦ It a little of in my opinion

1 Like

Someone Said ā€œCCP is just getting to the Industrial standard Priceā€
Well,

WoW:
1 Month 14,99$
3 Months 41,97$ = 13,99$
6 Months 77,94$ = 12,99$

FFXIV
1 Month 12,99 (1 Char per Server max 8 in Total)
or
1 Month 14,99$ (8 char per Server max 40 in Total)
3 Months 41,97$ = 13,99 $/month
6 Months 77,94 = 12,99 $/ month

Or just to compare it with a way smaller mmorpg which is really old already too and not a big player like WoW to make it more fair:

FFXI (release 2002):
11,95$ /Month per Char

So what defines that Industrial Standard to justify to increse the price to 20 $ meet the ā€œIndustrial Standard MMORG subscription price?ā€

good Joke.

Eve just become than 54% above the Industrial Standardā€¦

at least CCP can say than this one time they are above their competitor and even just if its comes to their price

8 Likes

I have been playing from the end of 2003 put up with all of CCP"s BS but Iā€™m thinking this is just to much.Come on a 30 someting % price hike with no new content? You guys have a good fanfest you might want to check out Iceland"s riot laws before you head over.

I come back to EVE, having fun for about a month and now this.
WELL, TIME TO PLAY X4 FOUNDATIONS. OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT.
I rather deal with a braindead AI than this. Or some braindead raid system. Or anything for that matter! Seriously. No. Nah. Nah. Nah. No inflation in the world excuses that. This is horrendous, pretentious to the community and ridiculous in away that I cannot - and will not laugh about it.

Nah, just nah. Goodbye CCP. Justā€¦nah, not worth the stomach ache. Goodbye. Well. If you rework the entire bloody game maybe Iā€™d stay for that price butā€¦nah, forget about it. You became just as corrupt as the Corporations you have in-game.

4 Likes

The price for a 2 year subscription is only $11.29/month. That actually barely went up at all. Theyā€™re now giving us a 44% discount if we commit to 2 years.

One way to look at this is less that CCP wants us to pay more, and more that CCP wants us to make a long term commitment to the game that would allow them to justify more extensive dev investments. I donā€™t know that that is unfair.

2 Likes

LMAO, 30+% price increase for LESS CONTENT?
yes, Less content. Subs have been dropping like a rock the last several years due to mismanagement and poor design decisions. This means less interaction, less market diversity, less PVP opportunities, and that means LESS EVE.
Weird, to me that sounds like a terrible idea. for the price of my 3 eve online subs I can easily drop that money on a brand new AAA title every month, and still afford a SWTOR sub.

5 Likes

What a dumpster fire this Friday has turned into as someone who would defend your actions normally I canā€™t help but feel disappointed by CCPs leader ship this has been a rough two years And honestly I think of something la not done or if fanfest is not amazing this games going to sink.

2 Likes

CCP Tell us how youā€™re going to do this. Or is it a lie? Or do you mean more value for you? Thatā€™s nothing to shout about.
Similarly, players leaving the game in droves is almost certainly going to have an ill-effect on the gameplay of anyone who remains. Does your intended ā€˜valueā€™ do something to surpass that dramatic drop in quality of life?

Yepp, Iā€™m curious too.

Not that theyā€™re going to read this, much less reply, but Iā€™m curious too. Of course the post will also likely be closed in the next few minutes.

The kick in the teeth is that they discounted the 1-month sub, and not the other plans, so if you want to stock up, you have to sit there pushing through transactions for the next 3 days (the account management page is now very laggy and barely works).

1 Like

There will be SO MANY people stop playing or paying for less accounts

in the end you will make less income by this stupid decision

3 Likes

Well, it WAS pretty fun to come back after years away from the game. But, considering the price increase to $20USD/month a 25% increase some thoughts. The game community has shrunk to only a small faction of its former glory and now it is full of tons of free and/or multi boxing accounts mining, ratting, and missioning. I donā€™t want to hear ā€œyou cant do thatā€ what bull crap try a few VMs with VPNs and you are there. What an epic fail on bot control. So all you see around even in null where I stay is mission and belt farming clowns day and night to plex those same accounts over and over again. This move to milk the community is pretty insane and I suspect it is a manifestation of the company failing. It is a typical move for failing companies to up prices when in trouble at itā€™s end, only to realize at their own bankruptcy that it was that move that pushed away us players that actually pay in cash and not isk bots that sped them there. Also, It makes for a very bland experience for people that actually try to play the game regularly. Kill the bot is only fun for so long. It will be interesting to read in the gaming news of this inevitable failure. Maybe they should reconsider getting into some cheesy NFT scam again to plan for the future. I wont lie it has has been a pretty good ride over the years, but it is not worth this price increase to me, it was already pushing it for what it was. I MAY actually pay this much if all free accounts were removed and botting was enforced but it hasnā€™t happened and wont ever. We have had bot since day 1 I believe, and with the current low population I donā€™t think the games economy would even survive without them at this point. Huge ā€˜Realā€™ mining fleets are LONG gone and welcome bot fleets, Botting ratters, and look this mission can be done afk quick bot itā€¦ you all have fun.

5 Likes

34% increase

RIGHT ON !

Guys April 1st was 21 days ago. ā€œRespected capsuleersā€ you idiots havnt respected your player base in years. If you did your player count wouldnt be as low as your collective IQ

3 Likes