[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Yeah, and there are so many of us that can drop $270.96 at one shot for a GAME. Sorry, but not a terribly compelling argument in the least.

2 Likes

Im staying till the servers go dark. In other news, Iā€™m currently sitting on 7 thousand catalyst hulls if anyone wants to burn some stuff xd Feel free to hit me up 1 mill each.

Thatā€™s a relic of the Carbon engine, which CCP developed back inā€¦ 2008-9 for the Walking in Stations / Ambulation that theyā€™d planned with the Incarna expansion, and their then-in-development World of Darkness MMO (theyā€™d purchased White Wolf just before. That whole IP and White Wolf itself has been sold to Paradox, now).

Believe me, a lot of us really wanted WiS. Even now, a lot of us would like them to take another crack at it. But thereā€™s very little hope that they will. :frowning:

9 Likes

Welp, back to WoW it appears. Just subbed a fourth account literally 5 days ago, already unsubbed.

1 Like

Ill just be unsubbing all 8 of my accounts and suggest every one do the same. They posted this forum page and then closed the browser. They arent reading these and they do not care. The only thing theyll care about is that eviction notice they get if the company goes under and they all lose their jobs. Cant wait.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s a hefty increase. If it went to 20 Euros for EU, then I will have to stop here. I understand the circumstances, everything is more expensive now, but I wonā€™t be getting Omega again. Cheers!

$20 a month is just absurd.
ā€œThe new prices on Omega include all upcoming content releases for the gameā€
We barely get any actual content now why should anyone believe you about new content? its almost entirely rebalancing and releasing half assed content that was clearly not thought out in the slightest. It would be far wiser to get back on a regular content and story schedule for at least a couple months BEFORE ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  over the player base so thereā€™s actually some reason to be invested in the game. The ongoing story lines have been completely abandoned and when there are story lines theyā€™re small and only last for the initial release of an update with often times nothing after that. We have had no meaningful content added in the form of new space, ships, or events other than triglavians in the last couple years and even then triglavians was pretty lackluster when the storyline abruptly ended and has remained untouched since then. There are so many storylines that could be re-opened and used for new content in the form of space, ships, technology, and more.

5 Likes

Slow mode is in no way to stifle communication. Itā€™s Designed to reduce back and forth between others who may not have the topic Subject matter in mind.

4 Likes

For almost 2 months now, since the addition of compression, the ā€œAsteroid Depletedā€ sound has been broken. Two months for a simple bug to not yet be fixedā€¦ but you want to increase how much it costs for me to play?

Yeah, no, thanks.

Iā€™m not paying higher fee for this level of attention to bugs (there are plenty more, even more substantial bugs from even older updates that have never been fixed). Sorry.

1 Like

was thinking to get back in the game. this increase will not get me back in!!

Yeah but not everyone has more than one account

we desperately need a PETITION and a BOYCOTT CAMPAIGN get going

they cant get away with this

1 Like

Yeah, this was bad timing, though i suppose there is never a good time to gouge your customers. Eve has been a lot of fun - pretty bad look tho to impose a ā€˜me tooā€™ inflation to the universe.

Wait thats not good, I was hoping on a price reduction, but yeah lets pull subs further away. I just returned to Eve, paid 3 months in advance, but upping the price like that, makes me reconsider once again. Good job CCP.

i very rarely post on these forums cause whats the point but i am afraid enough is enough now CCP you are idioticā€¦ your sill decisions are brekaing this games culture and player baseā€¦ the game is in the worst state i have seen it in during my near decade of playing and you then tell me i have to pay more for a worse game i mean what the hell are you thinkingā€¦ at some point you NEED to listen to the PLAYERS!!! please for the love of god show some common sense and stop breaking the damn game and player base! thats all i have cause it wont change anyway i am just dumb founded at how stupid a company can beā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always subbed at least one account. No more. i can happily plex three accounts in-game rather than the six I currently have, so no more subs for CCP from me. In any case I think this could well spell the end of the game over the next year or so, so now is probably the time to start winding the ISK reserves down.

Time for new leadership at CCP
No one wants CCP to get rich like we do. But they ignore the monetization we are begging to throw money at them for, and try to pigeonhole trash monetization they want us to take.
One of the things I respected about CCP was that they always tried to make the game accessible across economic status for people. now with people worried about inflation, war and shortages; We get this.
Monetization has had the unspoken agreement that the optional costs would take place of increasing sub prices, that are at the market standard.
I have eight accounts. I like eight accounts as they give me options to scale my activities. But I am unsubbing 5 (when the account server quits erroring out), and will do long term plans on the other 2-3. Those long terms come with discounts.
How many unsubs wipe out any extra profit from price hikes?
How long will people stay in space that is already getting emptier, after it empties even more?
How will markets fare with less producers of materials and goods?

The best recent content releases have been rolling back what Ritatti has done.

Why doesnā€™t CCP realize we WANT them to get rich so we can be playing this game in 20 years with our nerd friends, and maybe our kids?

I think they consulted the same people about this price hike as CNN did when they launched CNN+

6 Likes

Well I literally just canceled my netfix sub yesterday because of the increases of a sub!

I can understand a little increase, but holy smokes, you guys went cray cray :cry:

We not getting any intellectual feedback or response from CCP , are you not going to address the huge elephant in the room ? i like how you marketed this huge increase as being THE FIRST USD INCREASE SINCE 2004 , thats all well and good but this is the 2nd increase for the euro/GBP in no time , you really do seem clueless

1 Like