[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Then you wonder why people take the risk to buy plex from black market pffft pathetic money grab greedy bastards

I was actually planning on resubbing my 4 accounts after a 2 year hiatus. Really miss the game often. Logged in to see this. Now, not happening. Jesus CCP. /O\

Yeah, I mean, donā€™t get me wrong- I think there are tons of things CCP could and should do to improve the game. But I donā€™t think any of them would dramatically increase the number of players. Itā€™s a pretty niche game. I bet that for every hour I spend actually playing it, I spend an hour in a spreadsheet, messing around with fittings, reading about the game, planning, etcā€¦ I love that. In some ways, that planning time is more fun to me than the actual playing lol. But Iā€™m weird. Most potential MMO subscribers are not like that. The sorts of changes that would get them 10x subscribers, I think, would lose me as a subscriber.

1 Like

mine just says: credit card number pls

What elseā€¦

Not increased since 2004, thats funny cause U.K prices were rised in 2020 ā€¦

4 Likes

That ccp dude on soundcloud just said it all. If youā€™re happy with whats announced at fanfest thats great. If not understandable. Literally nothing about this says they care about our opinions at all. God i hope this game just dies

6 Likes

Looks like this is the end of my Eve career.

4 accounts down the drain.

Nice knowing yā€™all. Cancelled my auto paypal resub.

3 Likes

haha yeahh at fanfest they fck us even more.

CCP,
So long and thanks for all the fish.

listening to this is absolute horrific

the guy is brambeling shait for 40 minutes straight

and hes shitting on other companies nonstop, like wtf is that dude a ccp official?!

2 Likes

Once again having to log into another account to continue the discussion, because the ISDā€™s have moderated the number of replies we are allowed to post. THE CENSORSHIP IS UNREAL

As for me I literally donā€™t care what ā€œcontentā€ they release at fanfest, itā€™s just going to be another stupid shooter game they abandon in 4 months, or more story lines that will dead end in 6. These devs are smoking crack if they think they DESERVE more money for the garbage they produce. Iā€™ve unsubbed all my accounts and will NOT be resubbing them. I will be going elsewhere with my money for entertainment.

4 Likes

You guys need to just release a ship that costs 100k usd, make it the cockroach, because thatā€™s the players yā€™all are trying to make the game good for, so just go the extra mile and make daddy pearl happy. Didnā€™t think it would be this soon I would see a company make blizzard look good or fallout 76 subscription a good deal.

1 Like

CCP need to at least give something back for such radical increase. Like Free MTC slot or remove remaps. CCP Paragon was talking on on reddit or was it discord, just seen transcript and all he says new content coming, wait for fanfest.
Iā€™m afraid you might lose significant portion of your playerbase before fanfest arrives

nobody is willing to wait to see whatever content they reveal at fanfest. Because every one here knows that itā€™s just going to dead end in a couple months. NONE of the ā€œcontentā€ they release at fanfest is going to be meaningful in 6 months. what makes these entitled devs think theyā€™re worth 20 bucks a month?

Considering how the invasion was carried out, I am not even that sad about it. It was a farce.

REDNES

they are asking for 33% more money do you think we will get 33% more content? That was a joke of course, as the games needle has barely moved since the game changed hands. Expect skins and they may reach your expectations.

2 Likes

Thats just it, based on this comment and others you have made you understand that this a luxury item, aka its not needed. Players like you and I who have the disposable income are actually in a minority compared to the rest of the players. Most players have a budget that they cannot and will not exceed and as such their choice to unsub is not an emotional or subjective choice. Its objective based off real needs or financial concerns. In fact the vast majority of them will not even post on the forums or even tell CCP why they are unsubbing, they will just do so and go about their lives.

What CCP is doing is not a sound business choice. Making the game cost more than any other MMO out there is not choosing to stay competitive in the market. I get that they want to increase revenue but just raising prices is not the best way to go about it. Itā€™s why I got out of accounting and economics. I got tired of business owners not listening when I kept telling them that raising the price on their goods was going to backfire on them, and they end up closing their doors a few months down the road. The ones that did listen ended up staying open.

In this case if CCP wants to create more revenue they need to increase the value of the game. They need to work on making a better product, a product that appeals and causes people to want to stick with it over the long haul vs subbing for a month or two getting bored and moving on to something else. They continually overlook tried and proven methods to generate revenue. They refuse to fix issues with the game including bugs. They have needed somebody to take over and actually develop lore and storylines in the game. Missions are stale, do nothing to advance a storyline for the game as a whole. What storyline missions are in existence feel like they where written by a five year old toddler with zero concerns about people actually reading them or running them. PVP is broken, there has been zero new content updates since pochven and the trig stuff. Industry is still broken even though we have promises to sorta fix it. Sov and player owned stations ect are broken.

Talking to the community and the CSM teams to work on fixes for any of that would go a long way to creating value for the game that would justify increasing the price. To be honest doing any of that would go a long way to increasing the number of subs at the current prices.

It feels like CCP is playing the dollar game honestly. (brief run down. You can buy my dollar for a penny, however other folks can offer to buy my dollar as well. Catch is I get both the winning bid and the second loosing bid. after a point i am going to make a killing and the players of the game are just trying to minimize losses. Only way to win the dollar game is to quit playing and accept the loss.) They need to stop, pause, accept the losses that they have. Start listening to the player base again, fix the issues that the game has, hire a Dungeon Master or somebody that writes adventures for a living or fun to start redoing their missions and lore, and above all get more ships in space.

6 Likes

I get it, the price of everything has gone up. I guess space pixels to. But when you do this, you have effectively priced me out of the game. I love this game. I play this game. I spent real life money to run 6 accounts. I cannot afford this. I have to drop those accounts. Eve is a luxury item, and not a one I need to survive. I have played for years now, I have dropped some accounts and added others over time. I do not see this being very good for the game. If the price of food and rent has increased so much, then how does one justify paying multiple accounts by not eating? Or missing the rent?

I am going to go Alpha, though I really do not know how this is going to work for me. Alpha mining skills suck. And pretty much everything else an Alpha can do after being Omega for so long.

I see you making Alphas no longer free to play after this. People are going to leave. I know there are those that will poo poo the idea. Maybe they have more than one source of income. Maybe they live pretty much rent free. As for me? Not so much. I love Eve, but I love making the payments on time better.

As for Alphas? That is probably the best choice for now. Wait and see. If the prices go back down or do not change I will continue to do what I do. But I will not pay twice the amount for no real change in content. Nor will I pay for an Alpha account with far fewer abilities. Have a nice day.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not going to wait for fanfest for a announcement that everyone knows holds water as good as a siv. Ccp your promises have started to fall on deaf ears as far as content is concerned, you talk alot about content, but only remove content not add new as of late. With content removed vs added I do believe you should be paying us back at this point as investment to reward has been decreased significantly

5 Likes