Dishonor of Caldari Soldier

He is not married.

Such shameful behavior shall be put into light and made public to prevent further offenses of that kind.

That doesn’t appear to be part of the court’s decision. By doing this, you expose innocent people who knew him or are related to him to ridicule and public disgrace. This is improper, Diana. This would be improper even if it were only done internally within the State. To do so here, as you’ve done? You have provided ammunition for anyone who wants to use this as anti-State propaganda.

It is not your place to decide that his family needs to be punished for his crimes. Yet that is precisely what you have done.

5 Likes

Forgive my unfamiliarity with State jurisprudence, is the young man your employee? I mean in the Federation this might prompt someone from Human Resources counseling the young lady on her taste in boyfriends… but still.
A bit excessive don’t you think?

1 Like

It only makes sense if you accept the theory that Kim is a creation of the Federation’s propaganda machine. Publicising this ‘trial’ as if it is in any way representative of the disciplinary or legal procedures of the State feeds the baser notions of the Gallente electorate.

The media ‘outrage’ thus generated ensures a lot of senators more funding and Roden more willing support for his arms sales into the war zone.

Kim is a perfect tool.

4 Likes

Well you did not space him so I suppose that is improvement. Going soft Diana?

1 Like

No legal action is excessive when rooting out those who have strayed from the path.
Perhaps if the Federation attempted to make peace this kind of action would not need to be taken.

1 Like

Last time the Federation “attempted to make peace”, we lost half of the space station and Ishukone CEO. I don’t want any more such attempts. I will prefer to enforce peace on the Federation by means of superior firepower.

1 Like

I am going neither hard, nor soft. I am following strictly codes, laws and instructions, like always. He is Caldari, not Federal swine just to be tossed out of airlock only because I want so.
He would be executed if he would be admitted guilty in treason. But collaboration with gallente is punishable only by lifetime imprisonment.

With respect Strike Commander, Collaboration with Gallante implies malicious intent. As the court found him guilty of that charge I will not argue whether it was deserving, however may I ask exactly what the intent entailed?

2 Likes

Uh…

Who?

1 Like

We cannot judge people intent, Ms. Vess, we are not thought police like Black Eagles or Sansha. We can judge actions.

1 Like

Okay, lets break it down what actually happened.

Treason. The punishment for that is execution. It implies changing side. For example, if I would order him to detain her and he refused, standing on her side instead of mine - that would be treason. I thought that would happen. The tribunal just said, that I may feel betrayed, but they saw no actual treason in any of his actions. And I legally cannot overrule decision of a tribunal.

Collaboration with the enemy (or assisting the enemy). The punishment is life imprisonment. The tribunal have found that the defendant was meeting and communicating with the Federal employee in a private setting. The tribunal suspected an espionage (and the punishment for that execution as well), but didn’t find fact of actual transfer of sensitive information, neither Mr. Raikkanen had access to such information, nor he tried to get access to it. Then it was shown that Mr. Raikkanen was meeting with the enemy inside Caldari station and was hiding the hostile person from the security of both Navy facility and my ships. The proofs were undeniable.

Shameful to armed forces conduct. The punishment is dishonorable discharge. Mr. Raikkanen has admitted himself that he had romantic relations with Federal subject. His words were backed up by couple evidences and witnesses.

Indecent behavior. The punishment depends on each particular regulation they have violated. Unfortunately, the evidences were not found. The footages of their meetings were either destroyed, or they have occluded cameras. There were some weird sounds but the tribunal decided that wasn’t enough to undoubtfully determine they belong to indecent act.

1 Like

Prison break anyone?

2 Likes

Intent by itself no, intent by actions taken yes. Thanks for the answer in the second reply. Seems more than fair.

2 Likes

Now now, peace is there for the taking, a pity indeed that dogma… trumps sentiment.

Ms Kim, On the second point: If no transfer of sensitive information occured, how can that be collaboration?

My view is that the guy made some poor choices with respect to your rules and regulations, but the punishment and subsequent ‘outing’ here are excessive to say the least.

Would you consider commuting the sentence to exile? The soldier is more than welcome to reside in my home.

1 Like

To be fair, IF the term “Federal employee” can be taken at face value, that’s enough to raise alarm bells. Anything beyond that is reaching, without proof, however.

The flipside to that, is that there is no military in New Eden that publicly presents the results of any but the most high profile of court martials, such as the execution of Anvent Eturrer. What that means in practical terms is that Munchkin here breached tradition, ignored procedure, and likely violated a gag order by doing so. But, being a militia egger, she’s technically independent, and therefore essentially freed from punishment for all of the above.

Not to mention, if they WERE a spy, this just tipped off the Feds that they’re compromised, setting back counter intel efforts across the area.

3 Likes

Collaboration with enemy (assisting enemy) implies giving aid or comfort to enemy. It may include:

• Communicating without authority with an enemy
  • Giving an enemy information that would or might be useful to him
  • Providing an enemy with supplies
  • Harbouring or protecting an enemy
  • Serving with enemy forces or participating in propaganda having been taken prisoner

Our rules are our, and we abide by them. If you can’t live like civilized human, you can always go into some sort of Federation to live like a gallente swine in indecency and perversion. Nobody stops you. But keep in mind that the State offers the best living conditions, best goods and products and lowest crime rates. And following our rules means just behaving like a Human, and not like an animal. Animals go to Federation and Republic.

So no boob tubing is going to happen. Ok then. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ok then.

I am deeply dissatisfied with this incident. I am not happy that our people shall suffer because of it, and putting all the blame on my soldier is absolutely unfair. After all, this situation wouldn’t happen if not Gallente.

We all have used to baseline “agents” giving us “missions”, sometimes it was a task to eliminate a certain target, for example, some sector commander. The time has come for a capsuleer to give a “mission” to baseliners.

Hereby, I offer a 60,000 Isk payment for the confirmation of Skylee Antolliere’s death. It’s the name of the gallentean who has seduced my soldier and caused this situation in the first place.

She wears federal uniform, which makes her a militant, and thus her elimination won’t constitute a crime for militants or privateers from Caldari State or Amarr Empire.

I don’t care how and where she will die, will it be a ship combat, fight in a station or just an accident. All I need is an undoubtful confirmation of her death.

I would like to point one more time, that the offer was made with baseliners in mind. But those capsuleers, who don’t mind doing a good deed for purely symbolical pay, they can participate in the hunt as well.

Good luck!
And death to gallente occupants!