Do you enjoy character customization? Be honest

I don’t and never have played other MMO’s other than occasionally War Thunder and World of Tanks which are battle arena games and don’t have character creators.

My comparison wasn’t against MMOs but modern games in general.

As someone who was heartbroken that World of Darkness never came to fruition, I would ask that you show the dead more respect than simply calling it “that vampire game”.

1 Like

Im suprised Cypherous isnt in here telling everyone that graphics are a waste of processing power.

1 Like

Yes. I really like it. I want Walking in Stations so bad. I want more clothing and hairystyles and whatnot.

In fact, I’m grinding for weeks not to at one point afford the 10Billion ISK Nature tattoo :slight_smile:

In my opinion WiS was the best Idea CCP ever had. I don’t care about spaceships but I want an aquarium with strange alien fishies in my tribal designed living quarters :rofl:
unpopular opinion: Whoever stripped it from the game because “Eve is a spaceship game” is a misled person and doesn’t understand Eve fundamentally :3

6 Likes

How often do people do character customization? What % of the total time spent playing eve was spent on character creation 0.1%?

I used char editor few times in the last four months. It rather isn’t something I use on a daily basis but it doesn’t mean it must be mediocre and underinvested just because it is used once in a while.

Quite contrary. Your avatar defines you first then your actions ingame (and forum). You can use the look to pretend you are a badass character while underperforming or the other way round to look unsuspicious and lead the killboards.

So imho character look customization isn’t something to be neglected.

1 Like

A PVP game needs a trophy room.

–Gadget hopes to see this someday

2 Likes

There is already such place :slight_smile:
It is a station container named Stay Chill
Guess what’s inside…

1 Like

i like to sometimes change the look on me char. sometimes i get easly bored with the look then i change to to something else. that is rpg to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Those that remember…

Will never forget.

8 Likes

I remember character customatization back in the day of walking through the hangar. Like Srajin posts above me.
For me that gave a new dimension to Eve. Nowadays i only see more and more paid customatizations for something you only see on your profile.
Technically it’s understandable if people do a roll for a decent look and be done with it.

2 Likes

This.

Even if you couldn’t walk out the cabin door, it still made it feel more… real.

Hell, If I remember correctly, some player found the video file that looped on the screen in the CQ, and replaced it with pron :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

The best character customization experience ?
680d88683fd13b36ed7ea42db08b6183801ac809
Forced re-cloning of course. I enjoy it every… single… time…!

if they had actually moved walking in stations on i would say yes but as it is now its just irrelevant

Not sure what you mean by ‘rather small inventory’…

I currently have 751 different Men’s and Women’s Apparel items, probably the largest collection in New Eden. Now I’ve been collecting them for quite a long time and yes, it has also cost me some isk as well.

But those apparel items don’t just sit in station collecting dust, I have different characters that I regularly customize with those apparel items every few months. My main character (this one) is usually customized each month or two.

So yeah, I definitely like Eve’s character customization, especially since it allows me to create various Eve Character Scenes like these…

8 Likes

Wow :slight_smile:
Do you just screen grab your characters portraits plus backdrops and mix them together or is it more deep and involves model extraction for machinima tools?

If so, would you mind describing your “scene making” pipeline in this thread?

Unless things have changed (which I incredibly highly doubt)… EVE Model files are FBX format?

:eyes:

I -love- FBX format. IF you could -actually- extract an FBX format model, I’d be so ungodly happy it’s not even funny.

FBX works with SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many platforms.

So, If TriExporter still functions to extract models, textures, etc… You could -actually- bring it into something like DAZ Studio, and setup a -scene- for a render almost like using Elder Scrolls Construction Set to make a dungeon (minus the scripted triggers, and such).

I’m still waiting for someone to use the DAZ Studio face mocap technology to live stream video using their avatar and facial expressions.

Now, you could totally use the screen grab concept and use DAZ to setup a scene as well, Create the scene environment, and then use the screen grab as a Billboard style prop.

No, I don’t work for DAZ Studio, I just love their software!

1 Like

I think EvE has a good character customization interface.

That being said, considering I spend most of the time looking at a spaceship, and not my character moving around, I am not that excited about customizing my character.

I know many other people are, and I hope they have fun with it, but I would like to be able to customize my ships’ appearance more than my character, as that is the thing that I interface with regularly.

I guess over the years it has gotten bigger… though a solid 75% of the options are reskins of the same thing – baseball cap, t-shirt, jacket… Not to say that is a bad thing, it is very helpful to have different color/logo options to really set a theme with the outfit, but I hesitate to call all of those variations of a piece of clothing different pieces of clothing.

The more radical changes, such as hair types/accessories, facial augmentations, and bodysuits (drifter/SoE/etc.) are a very helpful addition, though I do feel somewhat limited in what options for new stuff that I really like and want to have my characters wear. Perhaps more of a “not enough options that I would consider using” thing, I guess.

1 Like

It is not even close to one and honestly you probably never even gave it a try

Edit: No you gave it a try but you only spent money on the game and you dont even play constantly