Do you hope EVE dies or...?

Thats ironic lol

6 Likes

How do I vote?

I closed the voting process. It’s clear that most players want EVE to be around until Kingdom Come.
I wanted that too but not anymore. EVE is rigged just like Planetside 2 is. Bunch of cheaters and thieves.
I hope the game dies a horrible death and CCP goes bankrupt as Karma for ripping off the players and backstabbing Bluelysian.
Lord in Heaven hear me.

Ummm… your sample was less than 40 people. I’m not sure that’s a good representation of “most players”.

3 Likes

EVE doesn’t appeal to general gamers. The more CCP tries to appeal to general gamers, the more they just lose the people who play EVE.

7 Likes

Agreed. I’d rather have a niche product that does its thing well, rather than something watered down for the lowest common denominator.

1 Like

@Han_Zealot My intent is to ride out EvE and see what happens. Hopefully you’ll try that too, but of course, as you wish. EvE is special to me (“awww - so sweet pookums” yeah yeah, I hear y’all) and I care about it more than a person should for a video game. Que sera sera. I don’t think EvE will last and that pains me some, but that’s not a hope but rather more of an observation. I at least intend to fiddle as Rome burns.

I didn’t know planetside2 had those issues. Frankly I can’t say that I care much, really. Planetside2 isn’t special to me like EvE is I’ve played that for a long time now, and will probably do so more soon (haven’t for a bit, but those fools still must be shown the ways of Vanu, ya know)

You might be interested in checking out Warframe.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. There’s nothing else like it.

1 Like

I hope it sticks around for a long while yet.

I would love a decent VR version someday, too.

–Gadget Dreams

1 Like

Meh,

I played Shadowbane.

It’s tame here.

–Gadget loved her Aracoix Scout

1 Like

Same here. I’d love a vr version, and I miss playing in 3d.

1 Like

PS2 sucks and has for a few years now. It’s full of cheeseplay (people who can sit permacloaked and then 1 shot you with a sidearm, meanwhile a Heavy Assault’s primary weapon can take several shots to kill someone), not to mention rampant hacking and lagwizardy (oh did you shoot me? oops I killed you first you just haven’t gotten the message from the server yet lmao rekt).

1 Like

Sounds like War Thunder and World of Tanks.

im playing wotb like a heroin addict
i guess EVE let me down :sob:

I just couldn’t handle the wild RNG in those tank warfare games, I put a 155mm HE shell point blank into a glaring weak spot and do hardly any damage, then I take a hit on the thickness part of my armor from across the field and nearly get one-shoted.

1 Like

you need to git gud first them rng jesus like you :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope you are right, and hope the same for myself. I also hope that the people who said “I have no hope” are proven wrong someday, I think they would love that.

Yes!!!

This type of games usually don’t die. They just slowely decline and eventually become an undead husk with only some hardcore fanboys left that let themselves milk with over the top monetization.

EVE was truly special. Sadly, greed and a complete loss of the original vision kinda removed it as a game I’m interested in playing. I’m sure it’s still fun for a lot of people.

But it seems plain to me that it is indeed in the decline phase without any hope on the horizon that CCP even has plans how to turn this around. I think they lost all the people that had a great vision and pushed the game to new heights, and only have people left that just implement orders from on-high to squeeze some more monetization vectors in.

4 Likes

NO WAY KARAK.

THE BEST YEARS OF EVE LIE IN THE FUTURE!

Now that all the bittervets and lazy original bears are dying off, the newer younger more vibrant generation is taking over!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:rocket:

2 Likes