Do you think Eve echos will effect EVE population?

First off, if your phone loses 60% of its battery in 30 minutes, get a new phone.
Second, you can’t baby everything. If a player wants to be a moron and waste their battery on their phone, that’s their issue, not the game developer’s. They’re counting on you to be able to know how to manage your own crap.

So again, not an issue.

Good for CCP, they actually thought about how to translate that gameplay. That’s for CCP to deal with, not you. :slight_smile:

Thank god you’re not on CCP’s dev team or any other game developer’s team for that matter.

What’s a ChromeBook?

:thinking:

Did you ever play a game on your phone that uses the GPU? You can watch it drain the battery, it doesn’t matter if the phone is new or not.

If no one plays their game because it is completely unpractical it is indeed their problem

Yeah thank the gods, I would really be scared to get my salary at the end of the month.

Not a phone I suppose. You can probably play the real EVE on a Chromebook. Are they x86 or ARM?

Me: “can you provide some evidence to support your argument?”

You: “WTF is wrong with you?”

I think this exchange tells us all we need to know about you, and it isn’t good.

They had a lot of plans for this and showed even working tech-demos before they released the “one room”. They could have easily expanded on it over the years. The community reacted to the underdelivering and the cash shop and not to walking in stations itself.

No, the community very much reacted to WIS itself and that’s why they killed all development of it. The simple fact here is that very few people cared about WIS, the concept had fundamental flaws that could not be overcome, and hardly anyone protested when CCP dropped development of it. And CCP had to have been aware of these fundamental flaws. They were happy to use WIS for marketing purposes since they were developing the underlying technology for WoD already but EVE integration was very much a minor side benefit and once WoD development ended WIS died.

PS: remember that a tech demo is not a functioning game.

1 Like

I’ve never had any phone drain 60% of its battery in 30 minutes. Again, get a new phone or replace your battery if that’s the case.

Good thing for CCP, they don’t have to worry about players being pants on head dumb. :slight_smile:

Mobile games are already the next big thing and everyone who is worth anything in the game developer world wants a cut of that.

Do you see Valve, Blizzard, EA, Riot Games, Nintendo, and countless more companies worrying about “what if some idiot plays our mobile game with only 5% battery left?! what ever shall we do!?!?” Of course not. This is not an issue.

You really think that EVE Echos will succeed?

Look, I will explain it to you: If I share a simple opinion I’m probably not going to create a study about it just because someone on the internet who also has nothing to show disagrees with it. So WTF is wrong with you?

1 Like

No, I think EVE Echoes as one specific mobile game will fail and burn like trash.

That being said, I can still understand why companies are so desperate to get into the mobile game market.

1 Like

Well at least we agree on something.

Yeah, because it is a giant market. But the reality is that the majority of those games are extremely simple so you can play them for 5min and then put them away again. What games have you played on mobile?

Dragalia Lost
Fire Emblem Heroes
Dota Underlords
League of Wonderland
Hunter’s League
Crossing Void
Dawn of Isles
Girl’s Frontline
King of Fighters AllStar
Pokemon GO
Pokemon Masters
Pokemon Trading Card Game
EVE Echoes
Epic Seven
Grandchase
Tapsonic
Honkai Impact 3rd
Disney Heroes
Pocket Maplestory
Fallout Shelter
Vainglory
Hearthstone
Puzzle and Dragons

and a bunch more that I can’t remember

IOW, your opinion is worthless because it is based on nothing but uninformed speculation. And now, rather than admit that you were judging CCP based on nothing more than ignorance, you’re going to whine and cry about how unfair it is to expect you to do work to back up your claims.

Ah yeah sure, whatever you say

They appear to be an x86 platform. Pentiums, Celerons, and Core i3/i5 variations from a very cursory glance.

Fan-bois be fan-bois - doesn’t stop Echoes being utter garbage…

Don’t think CCP have employed a capable Dev in half a decade, which also shows just what a great game Eve is (was), and just how poor CCP’s understanding of why it is (was) great…

If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think CCP is developing EVE Echoes. They’ve licensed it and have a “partnership” with NetEase, but the game is being developed by NetEase.

“Developed by NetEase Games in conjunction with CCP Games. . .”

2 Likes

So, the standard mobile game business model of letting a mobile developer* do all the work and taking a share of the profit in exchange for using the IP. Who cares if it fails, CCP has nothing at stake besides a tiny bit of public image for being associated with it.

*AKA “we pay people in China $0.01/day to shovel out minimal-effort games as fast as possible”.

Yeah, pretty much.

Fan-bois be fan-bois

I just installed that thing and it is pretty horrible. Can’t even shoot people in highsec.

1 Like

If you believe an EVE mobile game, one that doesn’t even integrate with the ACTUAL EVE online game, will detract players from the real game then might I suggest researching the Diablo Immortal announcement fiasco from last year’s Blizzcon.

2 Likes

It will not draw players from EO. It will however bring back EO players that dropped out due to real life. I met alot of EO vets that pretty much felt the same as me. Love EO, but too many RL responsibilities to play effectively.

The reality of EE is that it just finished OBT and there are a ton of balancing issues that need to be fixed, and there is much content that hasnt been implemented. These devs are working hard to make a good game. Much better than CCP has ever been. Everything Ive read over the OBT and beyond, makes me feel good about the prospects of a solid eve experience at launch. All the complaints in this thread are retarded. Of course its shite, its an unbalanced beta with half the mechanics not implemented.

400K+ people in a 30 day beta, and thats with IOS only allowing 10k beta testers. So that 400k number is really just android. EE already has corporations in the hundreds and alliances in the thousands. Massive amounts of data mapped to excel spreadsheets. Active vibrant discord communities with all the meta you could ask for…and it hasnt even released. This is a game for Eve fans that want to play while sitting on the sofa with their wife, in between meetings, while at kids ball games, etc. And it will grow beyond anything possible on PC.

It will never be EO, its not meant to be. However, if you can get past an elitist nerd mentality, you would recognize that mobile isnt just the future, its the present. EE is a massive undertaking for a mobile game, and even in its current state, its much better than any other mobile game out there. Its also a game that many ex Eve players have been waiting for, and that many mobile gamers have been craving. It will be bigger than EO, because PC gaming is a thing of the past, its dying just like EO is dying.