Doctor Who event

Added comedic value.

Twitch - This part in Ashterothi’s interview with Fozzie about no player testing keeps on aging better and better.

REDNES

Can confirm. Have many of the trinkets I want so far except for the plunger and the scarf. I was surprised to score a t-shirt and a couple skins.

1 Like

Welcome new eve players that were once doctor who fans!

REDNESREDNES
REDNESREDNESREDNES
REDNESREDNES

6 Likes

LOL!!

Nice Did you get the lot ?
I have run the T3 combat filament with someone. I don’t think I can solo them, too much neut and 2 turrets too far away to get them while webbed …

No. I barely made it out alive. Do you care to share your fitting? Mine must have been s***.

I was not alone so with 2 people this is a lot more easy.
For the info I was in a stabber and a “friend” of mine in a vexor (alpha car).
Just 2 ship with passive tank. My “friend” has just skill in shield and drones (no other weapon) so that explain the fit …

[Stabber, Stabber fit]

Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II

[Vexor, Vexor fit]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Drone Link Augmentor I
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II

Uncloack the vexor first, make it attack with drone the 2 closest turrets (less than 60km). Burn with the vaga to the farest turrets point.

Easy if you go for the turrets first. I don’t think I can handle for ever the dps with the turrets.

Awesome. And like the hooker said to the leper, thanks for the tip!

I think we should file a lawsuit against CCP for introducing this unknown doctor. Does anyone know who the doctor really is?

Definitely a Daylek.

1 Like

Theta Sigma.

The only real issue with this event is that it’s way too short and way too difficult for any new player.
I came to play Eve one week before the event start, bought 7 days Omega, but all the required skills to successfully scan sites, hack relics and to fight need a month of training or more.
I bought 14 days Omega yesterday because the Probe is way too weak for hacking all items above medium, and I bought a Cheetah in-game, but I’d need more than a month just to learn the required skills to fly it.
I don’t know if anyone at CCP read forums at all, but this is very frustrating, because even by paying real money twice for 20 omega days, and playing hundreds of hours, I won’t be able to get most of the items / rewards from T2 and higher combat sites just because the event ends before I could master the required skills for the ships.

3 Likes

Are you entitled to “all the best rewards”?

1 Like

Hey Chribba! Long time no talk. It’s been years. Literally last we spoke was back when DUST was new. Honestly I feel this every time I look at EVE now. I want so badly to pay for a sub and fly in New Eden again but things like this Doctor Who event. The change in forums. The complete change of PLEX and the removal of aurum make me miss the days of Captains Quarters and before. Hell at this point I miss the days way back in 2010 and before. So with all this in mind… what would you say? Is it worth playing? I’m truly torn and on the fence. Dr. Who and the massive step away from Lore central to the game is a huge blow to me. This new website truthfully sucks and at this point the old character creator with back stories and careers would make me smile.

Just fit up and fly out and find out.

EVE has always been a sandbox. If you can’t generate your own content or purpose, then it ain’t for you.

BTW, ain’t this scarf stylish?

Unfortunately, besides paying for Omega subscription in order to do / use everything for the event, you also need to quickly train up the required skills which means injecting skill points with skill injectors or buying the various Game Packs that have skill points included.

Also helps to use a ref link to get 1 mil unallocated SP which many may not even know about, this is why I’ve made a related post on the Dr Who sub on reddit, though didn’t get much traction but oh well at least tried and those vigilant might still benefit from it.

For reference:

2 Likes

My thoughts on this event distilled into one video experience:

This is taken as experienced by an experienced Alpha pilot.

1 Like

It’s always worth playing for the other people here, as for the content itself I’m sadly not as inspired.

6 Likes

No one cares pleb.

Alphas are second class citizens and rightfully so :smiley:

Alphas have limited skillset and thats everything there is to it.

The event is nothing special actually. I will probably remember only one thing, Daleks flying thru space.

I wll remember it because its silly thing. :laughing:

6 Likes