Good to know.
If you can, gather the following information so more informed advice can be given:
- What weapons are you using?
- What range are you generally shooting at?
- Is your ship moving? How fast?
- Are the NPCs orbiting or chasing you?
- What kind of NPCs are they? (if you can’t figure it out, what color are the NPC’s icons on the overview?)
- What missions are you running? (level 1 / 2 / 3 / 4) Do you remember the name of the mission in question?
The reason for all this info is because not all tactics and weapons are ideal against all NPCs.
You may have to change things up when dealing with certain rats in order to be effective.
Regarding the rest of it:
Just from those ranges I am going to say that you were using Dual-150s, yes?
You may want to work on your gunnery skills as they should be shooting out further.
But this won’t help too much in the damage department as railguns are not well known for their damage dealing abilities.
If you want to continue using railguns, I would suggest slapping on an AB or MWD**. Grab aggro and then lead the NPCs out. Pick off the frigates first and then work on the larger targets.
And don’t be afraid to fight “Falloff range” if you continue to have accuracy issues. Falloff range reduces the quality (damage) of the shots the further out you go. But more range should give you better accuracy.
If you are stilling having issues, then your ship’s fit may need to be tweaked.
Which reminds me… could you post your ship’s fit?
** Note: Do not run the MWD constantly. It will drain your capacitor dry in 20 seconds or less. Instead, PULSE it (turn on, then off) when you need.