Dream Ships

images

3 Likes

I would kill for an Aurora-class battleship…

1 Like

I always thought the daedalus was cooldaedalus_in_space_by_sga_maddin reminds of the algos but bigger

6 Likes

I think an upscaled version of the Algos would make a formidable cruiser hull.
The Algos is definitely one of the ships I love the most. At least when it comes down to design.

4 Likes

14038693038_0da3b292a6_b

4 Likes

MCRN Donnager from “The Expanse” (great TV serie, certainly worth checking out if you like EVE)

6 Likes

Home World for the win

1 Like

A clipper ship.
Fast and agile but battleship/battlecruisers sized and a moderate cargohold.
So a battleship/heavy assault interceptor type deal. Has to be long and sleek to capture the spirit of the old sailing ships.

More unique hulls for faction ships instead of just palette swapping existing ships
Gila:

More luxury yacht style ships that have no use. Just high end rich people ships.
(Luxury super yacht)

3 Likes

Not necessarily this spacecraft, but ships like these are what I imagine when I think of space travel.

Image of Discovery II

Source of image, a paper on the design of Discovery II. (https://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=20050160960).

The fine animation of Discovery II by Fragomatik. (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5zYqwEKnDA).

2 Likes

2 Likes

Problem is that with that kind of missile range the target would have soooo much time to run :stuck_out_tongue:

According to this,

the speed alone ,
26 km / second ,
is too great for any kind of missile speed to reach it.
Also, if you put your ship on it, instead of any kind of missile to reach it, it would potentially reach another solar system with soooo much time to run :stuck_out_tongue:
May that be a problem or opportunity.

1 Like

Mighty Macross…

2 Likes

a full ship tree of Jovian hulls ( Spectre, Wraith, Phantom, Eidolon, Visitant, more if possible) but watered down for capsuleer use.

3 Likes

5 Likes

As you can tell I’m pretty fond of Vulcan ships.

Would like to see a brown or bronze skin for SoE ships.

5 Likes

My own little DeathStar Heart of Gold:

5 Likes

And it’s got the meta 42 prop mod–mobile infinite improbability drive!

2 Likes

Any of the UCM fleet:

3 Likes

I just read today that it didn’t go at 26 km/s but at
87.3 kilometres per second instead.

It also sailed past Earth.

(Maybe it’s time to start manufacturing duct tape on the moon and mars if we are going to need it, or most of it, not that it’s likely to happen.)

How long do you think the duct tape would unroll if it was stuck on a planet, to go around that asteroid, and wrap around mars?

Someone suggested that a human body had enough atoms to line up for some 78 light years or so…
Not only would it be hard to slow down, but if it’s spreading life as it goes by, it may also be considered an attack, as it would have stopped it.

2 Likes