Drifter INVASION?

What he’s saying I think, is that each drifter BS can remove 1M EHP from one capital.
That should be the value with the DD weapon (will check soon).

750k. It is possible to tank it in some BS.
However reports seem to say no DDs are fired at players even when shooting the drifters atm.
So they are even easier than normal.

These drifters are simply “anti fun”

Trigs are lame when compared to these drifters. Plz don´t compare this ■■■■ with the drifters we know from before. These ships are the wet dream of every player. BS with sigs / speed / agility of a frig, extreme tracking / dmg / range and a mini DD which ignores dmg-cap.

It´s a full ■■■■■■■■ of stupid ideas.

There really should be a way to report abuse of that ignore system.

Reminds me of Master of Orion 2 when the Antarans appear out of nowhere and attack. You gotta go find their homeworld and strike back obviously :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, as far as the invasion went to Null it seems like more trouble than actual fun content.
At least in Hi-sec invasions you get some loot, salvage and isk/lp. In Null invasions you get almost nothing for the trouble.
It would have been nice of this new content in null to be a drifters invaded guys, let's kill them and get that loot/isk kind of thing.
For example, on feature video they say that there are 10-25 ship invasions in Null, so it would have been nice to make a content where you can field a doctrine of elite ships (maybe even capitals faxes/dreads/carrier) of 20-50 people and those people be rewarded in a decent way, because at the moment income/player may be lower than ratting in a barge or corvette.
Would have been nice to think of a fare reward system and make this content enjoyable pve in Null like HS has it’s Triglav invasion. A good way to do this is to have a Massive Drifter invasion, maybe 1 or 2/region and every player that wants content to go there and kill them, maybe like Frosty event from winter.
But who knows, maybe in the future patches will see how this invasion in Null turns out.

You mean like that dank LP from day 1 of Highsec…
Oh wait!
It was near 2 weeks before that stuff started.

Have some patience. Save the screaming till later.

1 Like

No screaming here, just as I argued in the beginning of this post that there should have been a proper information and deployment of this new expansion so people can react/give feedback and maybe have a nice content that everyone enjoys.
Yes I know suspanse and tension of not knowing what is to come may be cool, but a bit of info about concept in large would be nice. The HS invasions are mostly figured out by now and as of now, null invasions are far from what they could be (this is because of no info). What I mean by info, is at least an explanation of concept for the Null Invasion, maybe this way people know that something good and entertaining is coming. Atm fielding 200-250 cormorants to fight of a few drifters is not that fun because It’s semi-mandatory because the reward is not get your citadels killed.
But as you said, maybe in the next part of the invasion will have some pleasant surprises, who knows :smiley:, but waiting for them in an unfinished content is not that exciting.

This is a poor, uneducated understanding of the Drifters at best, and intentional mischaracterization at worst.

It only three days for most people in nullsec to realize that the Drifters don’t actually pose a threat. We’ve figured out how they work, and the chances of a Drifter attack occuring 3 times in exactly the same system to attack exactly the same structure right as they come out of Reinforcement Timers is so small that they’re not really worth worrying about.

There’s only 1 person who is really making a huge fuss about it, and that’s mostly because he doesn’t understand how they work (despite most nullsec entities having shared information between each other already). I’ll leave it to you to figure out who that might be. :wink:

You’re assuming that this is supposed to be a new kind of “content”. I don’t see anything from CCP saying that this is supposed to be a kind of “event” or “content”, or anything. If you are assuming that this is ‘unfinished’ that’s really your problem for projecting your ideas of what this is onto something that CCP hasn’t mentioned anything about.

Well, if you put it like that then it’s way sadder than it actually is.

There also isn’t anything from CCP saying that this is the final state and Drifters are just going to keep doing this forever…
You are also projecting here.

Rather than just waiting long enough to see which it is and going from there.

You’re demanding someone prove a negative which is logically impossible.

1 Like

No, I’m expecting people to use the same level of logic either way.
If CCP isn’t saying anything that it is unfinished that doesn’t mean anything other than CCP isn’t saying anything.
The same applies in opposition, if CCP isn’t saying it is finished, that doesn’t mean anything other than CCP isn’t saying anything.

In either case, believing either option as ‘fact’ is silly.

That’s not how it works though.

Yep, apparently you are right, expecting people to actually use logic when it doesn’t suit their agenda isn’t how it works.
In the mean time, have fun with your anti CCP agenda and pushing that ball of propaganda around.

1 Like

Well, no. If you ask someone to prove a negative, that’s an impossible task and nonsensical.
You can go and make as many argument as you want saying things like:

“Well, there’s no evidence from CCP saying that this isn’t them pulling the plug on EVE”
“Well, there’s no evidence from CCP saying that this isn’t them just giving everyone free PLEX”
“Well, there’s no evidence from CCP saying that this isn’t the final state of Drifters”

and so on.

Just because you can come up with nonsense doesn’t mean it’s a valid argument.

1 Like

I’m suspecting something will have been added or changed during today’s extended downtime.

Drifters currently present in null don’t use DD.

Burn them all.

Did anyone notice changes on hoboleaks, alonsgide vni changes? Looks like seekers and sleeper battleship are gonna get aggressive as well…

2 Likes