Drone Boat Proteus is crying, ccp please adjust it?

Why not ? It’s a perfectly reasonable question - I ask because I wondered, and couldn’t find an answer via google or the forum search. More to the point is - why are you concerned that I might find out the answer ?

But you guys are talking so off topic.

1 Like

If you flag them as off-topic (which becomes an option after pressing the ‘…’ next to the reply button) an ISD will be along reasonably shortly to clean-up the off topic posts. :slight_smile: Even this one!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

So skills, and therefore skill injectors, don’t have any effect on flying a Proteus ?

Loving the 3 - and I mean that. Sadly however I cannot tell you this without getting flagged ;-( this makes me sad

Kills like these happen very frequently, and far too many people use the drone proteus for PvE and PvP. In order to balance this, I propose we get rid of two lowslots and instead give it a highslot and a midslot.
This way, we cripple the damage output of the proteus but we give it much more reliable drone tracking and whatever you people use on these things. This way, other drone ships like the Ishtar can also shine in 10/10’s.
Also since this ship is supposed to be a generalized ship i feel that the 125mb/s drone bandwidth is a bit excessive, and i propose we drop it down to 100 mb/s, to keep it in line with the stratios.
Now, this may seem excessive but i also propose we double the base armour in order to balance out these changes, as well as increasing the powergrid and cpu in order to accommodate another neutralizer.

The thing about slapping the popular data bulk is that you would have to look at each kill to see if the drone system was used. And in most cases you can’t differentiate, because both subsystems use hybrid guns.
But I’m sure CCP have actual numbers if they look into it, and they can judge if the drone subsystem needs a adjust. That’s basically the reason for my post.

I feel like @ISD has to have a rule about making an entirely new thread in reply to someone else’s ongoing thread.

2 Likes

i’m not replying to anyone’s thread, i’m merely stating facts and i’m also crying to ccp and asking them to do something about $mechanic that i don’t like

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/drone-boat-proteus-is-crying-ccp-please-adjust-it/149764/107

Doesn’t help that since you made this post, and commented in that one, they’re also right next to each other in the forums.

1 Like

that’s just an unhappy coincidence, if nobody bothers writing on the other thread for a while and i keep updating this one they’ll seperate.

It already is 100…

merged duplicate topic

2 Likes

Lets drop it down to 75 then?

Lol, if you’re just trying to be difficult, why not make it 85 or 95?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

75 means 3 heavies, we don’t want more than that

Who is “we”?

T3Cs have the rather unique ability to become pretty much any other T2 ship of their race. You can turn into a Logi, or a HAC, or a DST…

Well, the Ishtar has 125m3. And Gallente are pretty much known for making drone boats with guns, rather than gunboats with drones. So why would they limit how many drones the Drone Subsystem is allowed, to less than the other Cruiser class Drone boats?

I would say Go troll somewhere else, but your other troll thread got collapsed. So maybe you should just stop trolling altogether?

It’s not that they could become any T2 ship of their race, it’s the fact that they could become a slightly worse version of that t2 ship. If T3’s went back to being better than their T2 variants, why would anyone bother flying T2 ships? We need to keep T3’s as generalized ships that perform worse compared to T2 ships in their specific niches

1 Like

You are just saying what i’ve previously said in this post…

I want the T2 ships to be better than the similar setup of the T3. But when the T3 is worse than 150m hull faction cruisers I draw the line, and voice my concern.

Also are you here to troll?