Drone Boat Proteus is crying, ccp please adjust it?

NP, I guess I misunderstood :slight_smile:

Having some buffs to the Proteus as drone boat such as the slots you mentioned and other bonuses would be great. The problem is that you have you gamerā€™s who their ships tweaked to a fine point to defeat the current Proteus drone boat in PvP and donā€™t want to have to change their fit.

Diapers and pacifiers really.

Iā€™m leaning with the OP and the original post on this in re the drone issue.

I went on vacation pre nerf, returned post nerf and did a lot a head scratching wondering if I had developed early onset dementiaā€¦ T3 cruisers got hit hard, everyone can agree regardless of your flavor.

The Proteus as a drone boat is a tough tough fit, and leaves a lot to be desired. The Proteus is still a decent ship, but itā€™s become a utility ship - and this was never the intention of these cruisers. They (all T3C) were not meant to be a jack of all, master of none - no, they were meant to be ships requiring high skill to fit and fly properly BUT with great reward - especially since T3 cruisers are the ONLY ships in game which cause one to actually lose a skill rank in the racial subsystems category should a ship loss happen - meaning real world consequence of time, and one which prevents the absolute vast majority of T3C pilots to only train racial SS to level 4 and not 5.

When any newbro with 1 month of skills can jump into a friggin Gila and pwn a T3C, thereā€™s a problem (maybe not 1 month but tell me im wrong) :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

More like 10 min since they went Pay2Win added Injectors.

1 Like

How many years ago were skill injectors added to Eve ?

Why ?

You donā€™t fly T3s do you? Itā€™s like a 3-4 day train for any of the subsystem skills to go from 4 ā†’ 5, which is a massive benefit for anyone flying one. Possibly this is why you think:

Youā€™re wrong. Thatā€™s either a terrible T3 pilot, or a very skilled (game skills, not skill points) Gila pilot.

Thanks for playing.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

You are most certainly correct. I have never flew any T3C and only inject my unlearned opinion from reddit articles and forum posts that I have read. Truth be told I have never flew any ship beyond a Corvette and have never used any module other than civilian gear - of which after 13 years I still have not mastered.

I humbly bow out and will leave this topic to my betters.

Fly safe, and Cheers mate.

Leiron

Lol, 13 yrs of life experience maybe Iā€™d believe, cause you sound ~12. When your posts are so obviously false, hyperbole at best, donā€™t be surprised when someone calls you on it.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Why not ? Itā€™s a perfectly reasonable question - I ask because I wondered, and couldnā€™t find an answer via google or the forum search. More to the point is - why are you concerned that I might find out the answer ?

But you guys are talking so off topic.

1 Like

If you flag them as off-topic (which becomes an option after pressing the ā€˜ā€¦ā€™ next to the reply button) an ISD will be along reasonably shortly to clean-up the off topic posts. :slight_smile: Even this one!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

So skills, and therefore skill injectors, donā€™t have any effect on flying a Proteus ?

Loving the 3 - and I mean that. Sadly however I cannot tell you this without getting flagged ;-( this makes me sad

Kills like these happen very frequently, and far too many people use the drone proteus for PvE and PvP. In order to balance this, I propose we get rid of two lowslots and instead give it a highslot and a midslot.
This way, we cripple the damage output of the proteus but we give it much more reliable drone tracking and whatever you people use on these things. This way, other drone ships like the Ishtar can also shine in 10/10ā€™s.
Also since this ship is supposed to be a generalized ship i feel that the 125mb/s drone bandwidth is a bit excessive, and i propose we drop it down to 100 mb/s, to keep it in line with the stratios.
Now, this may seem excessive but i also propose we double the base armour in order to balance out these changes, as well as increasing the powergrid and cpu in order to accommodate another neutralizer.

The thing about slapping the popular data bulk is that you would have to look at each kill to see if the drone system was used. And in most cases you canā€™t differentiate, because both subsystems use hybrid guns.
But Iā€™m sure CCP have actual numbers if they look into it, and they can judge if the drone subsystem needs a adjust. Thatā€™s basically the reason for my post.

I feel like @ISD has to have a rule about making an entirely new thread in reply to someone elseā€™s ongoing thread.

2 Likes

iā€™m not replying to anyoneā€™s thread, iā€™m merely stating facts and iā€™m also crying to ccp and asking them to do something about $mechanic that i donā€™t like

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/drone-boat-proteus-is-crying-ccp-please-adjust-it/149764/107

Doesnā€™t help that since you made this post, and commented in that one, theyā€™re also right next to each other in the forums.

1 Like

thatā€™s just an unhappy coincidence, if nobody bothers writing on the other thread for a while and i keep updating this one theyā€™ll seperate.