Drone Boat Proteus is crying, ccp please adjust it?

stop it with your ■■■■■■■ data, that data doesnt reflect the drone boat aspect of the ship to its true nature!

2 Likes

No, it reflects the pvp use of the ship.

You just said if it gets changed, it’ll be used in pvp more.

Why is that even needed?

Aside from that, how does adding a midslot make it a better drone boat? Surely you’d want a low slot?

Then it would be used in pve more for sure, and the pvp part of the DRONE BOAT ASPECT might not see increase. Besides coalitions actually want to use x2 the cost of ishtars for the use ishtars is already very good at.

But your counter is to remove 2 high slots, which totally changes it’s current use.

So you want to have it used more in pvp, but not as a drone boat, but to make it a drone boat, you want to remove turrets from it, which makes it less useful in pvp in a non-drone boat role?

Can you see how none of this makes sense when considered as a whole thing? Then you change the goal posts to say it isn’t more pvp use (which was what you wanted a few posts ago), to it being about more pve use instead.

Which Coalitions?

One or even two is what i said. And no, that wont ■■■■ its current use, but its all about balance right? so i proposed a solution, weather that is overkill or not is up to ccp.

How the f did u figure that? have u been thinking this whole time i was talking about Proteus Offensive - Hybrid Encoding Platform ??
It’s about time you start reading what u comment on!

Coalitions in general!

No. Lore is for Intergalactic Summit. This forum is for discussion of proposals.

An actual proposal would be good. So far, the only thing is give it 25 Mb/sec bandwidth more (so it can fly a full flight of heavies), and give it a midslot, but then take away 102 highslots.

And all because you have a feeling that it isn’t used in PVP and is not impressive at all at the moment,

When presented with objective information that it is still used in PVP and is still an impressive pvp ship, instead of actually analysing more, or refining more, you resorted to your changes aren’t a buff, they aren’t about increasing pvp use as a drone boat, but to increase pve. Again, no analysis of how much it is being used in pve currently, nor that is has an actual issue.

Just feelings and thoughts.

That often doesn’t cut it in this forum.

It never has, and reverting to just crying like a child instead of actually looking at what you are proposing in a hollistic way, is only going to receive the type of replies I’m adding into the thread.

It’s your proposal. Defend it and expect it to be pulled apart when you write ■■■■■■■■.

No what i meant was how the ■■■■ did u figure i dont want to use it as a drone boat? giving it 1 mid slot and removing a turret hard point and high slot or more doesnt actually make it less of a drone boat. so your resoning is pretty illogical.

Also if u didnt know the thread is all about Proteus Offensive - Drone Synthesis Projector then i guess this isnt the place for u. the drone subsystem got both loads of high slots and turret hard points. easy to take from here, and give it another slot elsewhere.

you want some lore accompanied with that tea too ? the kitchen is around the corner next to ■■■■ i hate u.

Your words exactly, as quoted when you flip-flopped between it about being because you have a feeling it isn’t used much in pvp, to then being shown that was wrong, was to add to this great thread:

So do you want it changed to be used more in pvp, or not more in pvp as a drone boat?

It currently fills a pretty unique roll, as a hard, tanky, in your face brawler that is good for solo pvp. There aren’t too many ships in the game that fill that role currently, in the kiting meta that is so prevalent in the game.

And in order to make it more of a drone boat, by adding 25 Mb/sec (presumably to the Drone Synthesis Projector sub-system), you want to remove 1-2 highslots.

It only has 1 utility highslot, which as a brawler often helps combat it’s neuts vulnerability, so it either loses the ability to fit a neut/nos and has to rely solely on injectors in the midslots, so it loses 1-2 turrets, which weakens it as a brawling ship.

You’ve never even flown the ship, but you somehow think it needs changes because “feelings”.

no that was if i gave it low slot instead of mid slot. give it mid slot, ppl would use it in pvp more, give it low slot, ppl would pve more efficiently.
thats what i said, never said i didnt want to use it as drone boat in a certain situation. god u are hilarious

But why does it need to be used in pvp more?

What is wrong with the level is it already used in pvp?

It won’t be, with the changes you are proposing. It will lose 1-2 turrets, which will drastically change it’s current use. How does that mean it will be used more in pvp?

You want to add 1 heavy drone to the ships usage, which can be killed, and in the process remove turrets that can’t be killed. It will massively change current use, with no explanation of why that is beneficial.

i hope ur not talking about the ■■■■ as a while AGAIN? but lets say u learned something this time, and u meant the drone boat aspect. Why not have it be used in pvp more? it sees little to no pvp. most losses on zkillboard is non-pvp fits getting wrecked in a gate camp or something.

No actual change in gameplay comes from removing 1 turret or add a possible heavy drone to the arsenal. it only changes some of the % dmg done by turrets over to drones instead. But with a mid slot, it is easier to put ewar on stuff, u know basic pvp meta stuff.

It does. You haven’t even analysed it before coming and proposing a change.

Look at the sub-system slot layouts for the proteus:

Offensive

Sub-system Low Medium High
Drone Synthesis Projector 0 0 6
Hybrid Encoding Platform 0 0 7
Support Processor 0 0 7

Defensive

Augmented Plating 1 1 0
Covert Reconfiguration 2 1 1
Nanobot Injector 2 2 0

Propulsion

Hyperspatial Optimisation 2 0 0
Interdiction Nullification 1 0 0
Localised Injectors 1 1 0

Core

Augmented Fusion Reactor 2 2 0
Electronic Efficiency Gate 2 2 0
Friction Extension Processor 2 2 0

So, aside from the high slot for the covert reconfiguration sub-system in order to fit a cloak, the only sub-systems that provide highslots are the offensive subsystems.

Of those, only the Drone Synthesis Projector provides enough bandwidth to worry about adding 25 Mb/sec to.

So let’s assume, that we add 25 Mb/sec to the Drone Synthesis Projector and remove a highslot from it (drop from 6 to 5).

Effect:
+25 Mb/sec bandwidth
-1 high slot

However, now you want to add a midslot. There are only 2 choices there:

+1 midslot to Propulsion, or +1 to Core, as that’s the only way to guarantee your +1 midslot no matter which subsystems are chosen.

Since every Propulsion subsystem can be combined with the Drone Synthesis Projector, the only option is to add +1 to all 3 of those systems.

Similarly, if it should be the Core, then the only option is to add +1 midslot to all 3 Core subsystems.

Impact
What if I don’t want to use the Drone Synthesis Projector? Now I have gained a massive buff to my Proteus that isn’t using drones, because I’ve not had any highslot nerf, but gained a midslot.

So then, the only option is to remove 1 highslot from each of the offensive subsystems.

Now, even if I don’t want to use drones, I take a nerf to my current use.

Current use is impacted by your proposal, whether you like it or not.

The only other option using your approach, is to argue to go away from the way the T3Cs are currently designed and add a midslot to the Drone Synthesis Projector, introducing complexity back into the configuration of T3C that was part of CCP’s approach to simplifying the choices in the recent redesign. Across all T3C’s, the design has been simplified to standardise them where possible and remove the dozens of possible combinations of slots that existed before.

At this point, the far better approach would be to instead look at bonuses to the Drone Synthesis Projector, instead of highslot and midslot changes.

Currently, the Drone Synthesis Projector (DSP) has bonuses of:

+10% drone damage and HP per level
+10% hybrid turret tracking speed per level
+5% drone velocity and tracking per level

If you want to add a drone, then the better approach, that doesn’t either lead to a massive buff to non-drone configurations, or require them to be nerfed just to give you one extra heavy drone would be to reduce the turret bonus of the DSP and increase the drone bonuses slightly.

Then, you can only target an increase in drone boat drone usage, without negatively impacting every other configuration of the ship.

Now, how the ■■■■ do you come to the conclusion that there is no actual gameplay change from removing 1 turret and adding a midslot?

You simply didn’t even look at the effects. Thoughts and feelings is all you came with…which is about as useful at thoughts and prayers at bringing about change, and just as ignorant.

1 Like

u high or something, u can give the offensive a mid slot?
also i didnt say give both extra mbit and mid slot. either one of those

Now you didn’t read. Go read the whole post.

Good luck with that. You’ve got none and bucklies chance, especially when you don’t come and just propose a change with no effort put into it.

Be surprised or not, but CCP actually read proposals that are formed well. Not this one.

1 Like

There isn’t any basis currently for changing the Proteus into a drone boat more than it already has capability for. Certainly not because you have a feeling that it isn’t used in pvp and isn’t impressive. You’re just factually wrong and now showing a bit of butt hurt rather than discussing the topic.

Go learn to fly it and try it out if you can’t even apply even the slightest bit of logical analysis to the need for any change.

your basis for not changing prot’s drone subsystem is that the hybrid subsystem performs well on zkillboard.

The feeling that the Proteus isn’t used much in pvp is wrong.

Just plain wrong.

It’s the whole basis for the start of the thread. It’s:

“crying, CCP please adjust it”
“not utilized too much”
“less powerful compared to the others”
isn’t impressive at all atm"

You are just factually wrong, based on actually looking at it’s use rather than having “thoughts and feelings” about it.

On top of only bringing thoughts and feelings and no actual analysis, when you’ve made other claims, you can’t back them up either.

It’s one of the weakest proposals ever written down in this forum. Congrats I guess, because the bar is pretty low to get under, but somehow you’ve managed it and then got all butthurt because someone has a different opinion and actually looks to see if their opinions are supported by anything that anyone else can also look at. Turns out, they are.

But hey, you’ve got no time for this right. You’re out earning all that bank and are too busy to keep going (so far that hasn’t played out either).

yeah sure i could have worded the inital post differently and u could have read further than your nose, maybe between the lines too?

Was this a post about analysis? dont get full of urself now

Clearly not. So far you haven’t posted anything even close.

maybe the point, i just voice my opinion