Drone Boat Proteus is crying, ccp please adjust it?

sure, everyone is entitled to opinions.

But when you go sprouting things you claim to be true, don’t be surprised when those things get tested.

Opinions are all fine though.

“I’m having the feeling that the proteus is not utilized too much”

Somehow you got those two confused. xD GJ

Why not actually use the ship for a while before pissing and moaning about it not working well.

Nope. This is Eve forums, where you have to respect rules, especially

These are:

- Trolling
     […]
     -  Off-Topic Posting

So no you are not in the correct place.
The first part of the OP is an introduction to why he suggests the proteus to be buffed.
Because yes, having a subsystem that makes your ship worse than other is an issue.

Do YOU fly the proteus with drone subsystem ?
Why not talk about your experience instead of toxic useless criticize other people ?

2 Likes

I’ve removed some inappropriate comments and off-topic posts. Please keep it civilized and on topic!

Problem is, due to the poorly thought out design around T3Cs with their subs, you can’t fix one without breaking another. They’re too flexible, even after they consolidated the subs down.

If they want to fix it again, they should drop it down to 2 subs. Offensive and Propulsion. Your prop sub would get some of the core sub bonuses added, and offensive sub would get defensive bonuses to suit the offensive role. At the end of the day, your drone boat purely offensive proteus SHOULD lose to an ishtar in a hypothetical even fight between two equal pilots, because your generalist cruiser hull should not be stronger than a specialized cruiser hull.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be to go a bit far?

Also I don’t think the subsystems are poorly thought out designs, I just think that the drone boat is less a drone boat, but a hybrid weapon system with bigger drones. Wouldn’t it make sense to shift it slightly towards the drone boat aspect? Also very few would see it appealing as it only got like 3 mids. The Legion fit I frequently use has 3 mids, 1 MORE low slot, AND less of a hole in its resist profile.

Simply put, I just think the drone subsystem is underpowered.

And yes I agree it should lose to a ishtar(125mbit and +50% drone dmg), but I also think it should win vs Stratios(100mbit and +50 drone dmg).

Spesifically put, maybe nerf that from 50% dmg on the drone system to 37.5% and give it 25mbit more? This would put it between ishtar and stratios in raw dmg. Then give the drone system a mid or low slot(but i think low slot would be too much of a buff) while taking away 1 or 2 high slots + those slots’ turret hard points?

I think this slight buff is fair because of the lacking use the drone subsystem has in pvp.

*Side note, thanks @Anderson_Geten for defending me and stopping a troll, I was clawing my hair out, also if anyone has suggestion to how I can or should word my intro differently to sound better or correct something please don’t be shy, I was in a hurry and didn’t read through it enough times before posting.

Nope. The problem is the more spinning wheels the clown is balancing on sticks, the more likely it is that he’ll drop one.

That’s why they learned their mistakes and gave T3Ds modes instead of subsystems. They learned only too quickly that it would be all but impossible to balance T3Cs with their subs. That’s why they consolidated the subs from 7 to 5, and they’ll probably have to consolidate them further if they actually want them to be balanced.

Give the player the flexibility that a T3C promises, and I can assure you that it will either be underwhelming or overwhelming. Never balanced.

Your personal ‘feelings’ were attacked in the argument because you chose to make that the basis for your argument. They are literally your first 4 words.

Scipio gave detailed information why your proposal is bad, backed it up with facts and even tried to explain to you how you could make it work. That you chose to deal with the personal argument instead of the factual arguments shows the weakness in your proposal.

The Proteus works for many players as is (including me) and would not appreciate the changes you propose.

That is disingenuous at best…

2 Likes

he was out of topic from the beginning.

No. His first post in fact directly opposes the idea of changing anything on the Proteus at this time.
100% on point.

And I’m out, this proposal isn’t worth it…

Facts? nope, he gave a very broad and general info dump which could be anything. He basically he said that the drone subsystem dont need change because the hybrid subsystem perform well on zkillboard.

By changing the other subsystems? by doing that he is making the other fits superior by giving them a random mid slot out of nowhere. The drone system that is under performing in pvp, that is my point to make.

Well that only proves that you either dont fly the prot/dont have need or want to fly the drone aspect of the ship. I think my proposal is both fair and it possibly gives the pvp/solo meta some interesting roads to take, especially if you love cloaky ships.

Pot this is kettle, kettle meet pot.

The Cloaking subsystem is deliberately weaker than others because of the cloak. Your proposal weakens the ship for both PVP and PVE since the primary weapon system is weakened and the auxiliary weapon system is weakened.

Sure but we are talking about the drone subsystem.
I don’t see how it weakens the ship. Like 60-70% of its base dmg comes from 4 heavies if you choose to use those. Then 30-40% is from the guns, I don’t see how the hybrids are the main weapon system in this case.

But does the dps get lower? +25mbit is what? + 20% dps? and -2.5% drone dmg per lvl is what -12,5% dps? Im sure that 1 hardpoint doesn’t actually equates to more than 7.5% dps, but if it does, maybe don’t take away a hard point then?

All comes down to balance, and this post isn’t for the purpose of balancing but to propose a adjust to make it more desired as a drone boat in pvp, as a result I have to propose compensation so that the ship doesn’t get a outright buff.
Because I’m not sure if it needs that.

Then your proposal is garbage.

I don’t I have to explain this, you are just being obtuse.

You need to actually go in and try some fits for the ship and look at things before you continue.

Nah, been there done that, also are you trying to avoid the point?

I’m all about constructive criticism, so anything in particular?
Or trying to be a troll?

You have clearly shown you don’t know or understand the Proteus, at this point you are just being a (bad) troll and I’m done.

ok, bye

I did update my intro, to better reflect my point. I guess I wasn’t very clear on some things.