"Dude, where's my ship?"

I see standard frigates, force recon ships, logistics, combat recon ships, HICs, Interceptor, DST, Battlecruiser and that’s just the viewed ships. I would assume a “new player” frigate would be the faction type that you can fly at that location most commonly.

More importantly you can right click and show info on those frigates to get detailed information instead…

… just name your ships something you will know? that is not something hard to do. yes i know exactly what each of those ships are because i named them something meaningful.

if you are looking for a ship in particular you can use filters or that search bar in the top right. you can search for the hull name or the name you gave it

Yes, but then I can’t name them something else, which is actually quite important.

The model of ship is the only thing you can’t see there and it’s the most important information. That should be rectified.

you’re going to have to explain that one

Nah, not giving away my secrets. You should be able to guess though – “how can I make my ship not look like a target?”

lol what? how exactly does naming your ship something you can remember make it more of a target?

Can’t give you any more clues, sorry.

so what you’re saying is you run out ideas as to how there is a real problem? because trust me no one is fooled by what you name your ship

Yeah let me post all my PVP tricks publicly. That’s smart.

And maybe you’re right, that what I name my ship makes little difference. For me, if it saves me getting ganked once, it’s worth it.

But this is all irrelevant.

You’ve already admitted my suggestion is a good one. I presume you’re not backpeddling on that.

And it’s just obvious that the most important information, the model of ship, should be in the second window pane.

There’s not a lot more to be said.

… you didn’t even know the basic inventory hotkeys i’m mostly just trying to help considering there seems to be a lot of common misconceptions when it comes to newer players. particularly in wh space. if you are that worried just send it to me in a pm.

did i?

Why, will CCP implement it if I tell you?

no but i may be able to explain why it doesn’t actually help or depending on what you’re doing (like some wh corps thinking unique icons are a good idea) explain why it is actually dangerous.

but its not the most important… in fact its far less important than the things already there. the type of ship is important for sorting by type and the rest of it is important for trading. you seem to be the only person who needs the hull name there to remember what your ships are do to your 1337 strats.

You really have a super-high opinion of your own importance.

in fact its far less important than the things already there.

Drivel. You look for ships primarily on what kind of ship it is. “I’m going to get in my Sabre” or “… my Maelstrom”

Don’t even try to pretend that’s not true.

no… i’v jest dealt with a lot of newbros and am trying to help. just take a look around the forums if i though you were simply an idiot or had no intention of actually being helpful i tend to be far more… aggressive.

no… if i’m I’m in a station and don’t know exactly what i have there and i need a dic i sort by types and see what dics i have, if i need a battleship i will look at battle ships. If i know i have a saber in the station i just select the saber and if i know i have a maelstrom i select the maelstrom.

I don’t even know where to start with what you’re doing wrong but you’re clearly just trying to feel important in this thread and so I’m ignoring you from now on.

o.o what do you mean wat exactly am i doing wrong?

i have done nothing but try to help you aside from stating that what you think is needed isn’t actually needed. i’m not sure exactly how “important” that makes me

… Naming ship is permanent since when?

1 Like

while i have no idea what his super secret strategy is i’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to re-name his ships over and over.

Makes me wonder why he just doesn’t fill the cargohold with a can and just name the can…

1 Like

because that would be to many clicks