ECM Balance Pass - November

@CCP_Rise

Any chance that we will get some feedback on or an iteration of the ECM change?

Since the implementation of the ECM change and the following adjustments in Oct/Nov 2018 we have not heard anything about the impact on the ECM change (not counting the nerf to the ECM drones).

At EVE Vegas in Oct 2018 you stated that you would keep a close eye on the impact of the ECM change and would continue to iterate on it. So far we have not seen any iterations though.

However, I guess with more than 6 months of data you should be able to at least provide some feedback concerning the impact and current state of ECM (not counting ECM drones).

5 Likes

Yes, and also @CCP_Rise the poor griffin navy need some love.

1 Like

Since the changes, ECM ships now have to be more resilient, the increased range on the modules was good but this is a game where cruisers can close a 100km gap in a matter of several seconds, might have to stop using dedicated ecm ships and start fitting them on Drakes.

1 Like

Coming up on 12 months since the OP was posted, still no word on the next stageā€¦ much disappoint.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

I love the script idea here for ecm. That is long overdue, and a great replacement for the racial layout.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll have much reason to use ECM with these changes. Theyā€™re just not very tanky ships, theyā€™ll just get primaried first. Some things that could help change my mind:

• Racial ECM as scripts instead of modules or make them high-slot modules, so I can fit more tank.
  • Increase the time it takes to lock ECM ships
  • Give them a bonus to ECM drones and let people always be able to lock them.
  • Let smaller ECM ships fit target breakers, including the Griffin and Kitsune.
1 Like

lol RIP Griffin Navy Issue

I think I may know whatā€™s gone wrong!!

The devs have misplaced their Chaos Orbs:

chaos

so they havenā€™t been able to generate any new properties for the ECM ships! Thatā€™s got to be it, right! I mean, in the Era of Chaos and everything!!

< sigh > when fixing ECM pls? :worried:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

3 Likes

Just 2x webs like on the Hookbill and you have a turret Hookbill, jeebus itā€™s not rocket science.

You heard it here first folks. The Griffin Navy Issue is no longer an ECM brawler, itā€™s a webbing brawler.

1 Like

ā€¦

Coz ECM is broken. Not overpowered. Not underpowered. Bust.

1. Rework required.

Quite frankly I doubt this is anywhere near the top of the pile of Dev time WIP; whilst focus will be on winning back subs. Iā€™d put FW above ECM (perhaps I am biased).

Sarge

I found out the hard way after being afk for awhileā€¦

Thought Iā€™d fit a falcon for ol times sake (had no idea till after getting 'sploded) that I canā€™t jam a dessie tackleā€¦ literally ruined my whole day.

Why even have ecm/eccm/target spectrums as invested learning abilities anymore?

Why even have caldari anymore?

Itā€™s actually been 12 months now, the original screwup was in Oct 2018:

Specifically:
As a victim, watching your ship die while jammed without anything you can do about it feels bad.

Which of course translates too:

WAAAA I didnā€™t skill or fit for ECM, WAAAAAA

4 Likes

I remember when I used to fly a Rook ā€¦

• Eve is a little less fun since ECM was broken to fix the glaring design flaw in the abyssal 1v1 pvp areana
3 Likes

Itā€™s such a classic give an inch take a mile example.

• First they create instanced content, which is totally anti sandbox
  • Then they add 1v1 instanced PvP, 1v1 is a fools errand in an MMO of any kind
  • Then to balance that they nerf the sandbox

Donā€™t these people have a manager or someone with a big picture view?

2 Likes

the ONLY reason ecm was changed was so carrier fighters could not be jammed anymore . no thought was given to any other areas of space or play style . no consideration to 10+ years of suggestions and complaints.
it used to piss me off the way null sec csm so easily manipulates ccp but now i say , if theyā€™re keeping the lights on , give 'em anything they want ā€¦ and ccp does .

I agree the fighter jamming was a change wished for by null krabbers but it wouldnā€™t have been implemented unless itā€™s existence broke something new, like the abyssal arena.
Remember this was mentioned in the CSM minutes & because of how the NDA works (- that is you cannot talk about things in development that effect player-game environment -)
If they talked about it then It shouldnā€™t have been a thing.

Maybe some Bright-Spark said:
ā€œWhat happens if they fly an ECM ship into the arena, no one fits to counter ECMā€

Abyssal dev.s:
ā€œOh crap & if they try to fit to counter ECM they wont be able to kill the trigsā€

1 Like

That means I havenā€™t even bothered to fly any of my beloved ECM ships in over a yearā€¦ maybe its time I just unfit and repackage them. A celestis, arbi, or bellicose were more effective tank wise anyhow that the blackbird. Prior to the change.

2 Likes

Do you remember when you could fly a Rook at a couple of cruisers, and if you got real lucky, you could take one down then escape before their friends arrivedā€¦ Didnā€™t happen very oftenā€¦ but when it didā€¦ Hell yeah!!

Because I flew ECM ships I always fit counters, it was the ones who didnā€™t that moaned the most - Iā€™ve taken down ships which had a Sebo fitted & had no ECCM scripts and then they moaned because of ā€œECMā€, (which is a bit like a Caldari pilot moaning about Mjolnir missiles but not bothering to plug the EM resist hole)

2 Likes

Smart Bomb?