ECM is dead. Sell now

Unless they are going to give them Battleship type numbers, it’s pointless. The Rook is an ECM boat, but even more vulnerable than the Falcon. It doesn’t matter how reliable your jams are if they don’t… jam.

“We’ve been jammed!!”

1 Like

Depends on the kind of engagement you’re looking at. Remember that when you increase scale, everything dies. Even faction tanked battleships can get volleyed off by 100 cruisers.

The Rook in a small/medium gang though is ■■■■■■■ terrifying. And even with the change above, it’ll have the buffer (60k IIRC) to catch reps from the one dude you landed one of your two jam on.

True, but its carrying a pile of useless bonuses, and Im sure as hell refitting mine to shield tank after this.

It’s hard to say anything before we see the changes for ECM ships…

CCP please hurry with the ECM ship balance pass or delay these changes until everything is ready for a proper release.

Um or I’d be out of range or tanked while supporting a fleet and receiving logi ? I’ve got everything subcap to V and I don’t consider a single sp wasted even if a nerf hits. Adapt or die.

Keep in mind ECM is best used against logi and it’s not like they can fire back anyways. Jamming a guardian is like doing 2000dps indirectly to who he was repping.

2 Likes

As if ECM wasn’t already auto tag… Not like you’re jamming a whole fleet anyways unless you’re a special kind of cancer and in which case good riddance.

2 Likes

I think fighters will be able to attack the widow that is jamming them after this change. Carriers just got a big buff.

1 Like

I’m sure CCP will get around to buffing ECM ships crippled by this change… in a few years.
Didn’t need that Widow anyway…

CCP can’t even fix local wall of text when you changing systems , and you think they will break ECM ? too hard for them :smiley:

Thx for killing ECM role. Who ask touch ECM ? Why destroy working role? I hope you understand what would be good to give skill extractors with such fundamental changes

GOOD… ECM should never ever even existed anyways

3 Likes

Please tell me you aren’t trying to armor tank a rook?!

True to a point. But remember that jamming their DPS can easily reduce their fleet to below critical mass as well. So if your logi are breaking, swapping ECM off to dps can easily tip the scales as well.

That was my exact thought. ECM was always “the counter to fighters”… a ■■■■■■■ griffin could tell a carrier to ■■■■ off. Now, falcons and widows are useless on hot drops. Best you can do is have 3 jammers, each take a fighter, and then try to tank the damage.

The salt is strong with this one.

Best change ever

2 Likes

Yeah that was a true cancer

Bursts don’t offer a persistent jam. I know that target lock is said to remain with ECM, but I have to imagine that it would break lock just the same as it did. It’d be utterly useless otherwise.

Burst jammers and EC300 should still let you do this. Running away from a fight is stupid so I’m happy to see that get nerfed. Delete WCS while we’re at it.

As a carebear, I have to say, even I was like “Wait what… so much for any kind of solo ECM”

1 Like

Does this render Navy Griffin entirely useless or am I missing something obvious?

1 Like

use the griffin navy like a comet except with a shield tank :smiley:

Yea solo is definitely seeing a tool removed. Which does disappoint me. BUT if they increase tank and make ECM more reliable, I can see a lot of really cool ■■■■ happening. I’m a fleet guy though.

Now that I think about it… buffer widows, 2x ECM, 1xTSB. You engage a hostile gang with your own (say a pair of HAC gangs goign at it) and then you cyno in like 20 widows.

2 reliable jammers should mean that your widow takes 2 ships out of the fight (they can shoot you and nobody else, meh). With proper coordination, that’s 40 hostile ships out of the fight. When they yellowbox, you cycle your heated TSB once to break the lock and then broadcast for reps so your HAC gang logi can rep you up.

Would require a ■■■■ tonne of coordination. But it’d definitely ■■■■ up a hostile gang.

Logistics.

They can’t really shoot back anyways, but now they can’t rep either.

So can i roam in a small gang now and if I expect to fight against another small gang with jammers I just fit jammers on all ships in my fleet.

If our logi gets jammed just put a jammer on it and joyfully recieve reps?

2 Likes