EDENCOM Benefits

I had only 2.something at the end of the chapter. I was salvaging a lot and putting all the stuff into SRP that was badly needed. I also used to o-logi a lot. Both those activities did not provide the standings.
I am not seeing the end to be honest. Trigs are still enemies for me and they have to be exterminated. :gun:
As long as trigs will be there, I will be shooting them. The forever war.

1 Like
1 Like

The benefit is not getting attacked in edencom systems whilst you enjoy their mining boosts.

Ah, yes. That is totally worth the amount of time and effort spent to prevent the trigs from taking a minimum 27 systems.
Along with the trig supporters easily being able to just build up their own EDENCOM standings despite fighting against them. So they too can sit in the EDENCOM systems unharmed and enjoy the mining boost.

Great video, the stations could possibly be part of a future event for turning in specific items.

Might even be a long term event with Edencom trying to reclaim the annexed systems.

Next Event name - The Empires Strike Back
 :wink:

“Thank you for your services. Now get lost.” - Somebody inside Someplace.

Actually they still do, I just recently traveled through a system that had 2 dozen Trig ships sitting on a gate. Luckily I was in a sub 2s align to warp Interceptor

1 Like

It probably has something to do with snowballs.

They really should have enacted a -10 kill on sight to all empire factions hit for anyone with positive trig standings.

Yeah, it was a cop-out for CCP to have EDENCOM at all. It should have just been a hit to all empire standings for supporting the Trigs. They were, after all, just empire ships getting shot.

1 Like

This is just more proof that nobody cares.

You get that at Edencom standings at zero. It’s not a benefit to having positive Edencom standing; it’s the default everyone gets if they never engage with the content at all.

Being shot buy Edencom is a disadvantage to negative Edencom standing, same as being shot by Trigs is disadvantage to having (zero or) negative Trig standing. Positive Trig standings have separate upsides.

1 Like

Also the Edencom ships should be fixed. Making their weapon system more usefull im more circumstaces. Now it is super specialized for certain scenario.

Additional ammo with mechanics change would be needed.

1 Like

Then you should have just let them take the systems. If the only reason you were doing it was for some material reward then you were never really fighting for edencom were you? Nor were you really defending the systems.

And can’t anyone do the same the other way round?

I fought to try and prevent the Trigs from taking systems. Had we (EDI) known before hand that there was no “Win Condition” for EDENCOM, as in the Trigs were going to get 27 systems regardless, before the event, I might not have fought as hard as I did.
When the event first happened we the player base, did not know that the Trigs were guaranteed at minimum 27 systems. We just knew that EDENCOM supporters were fighting to repel the Trigs and Trigs were fighting to steal systems.

Sure, people can go gather Trig Standings if they want, but its a harder uphill climb for those who supported EDENCOM

1 Like

Then there was never a win condition for either side.

If its true that you wouldn’t have fought as hard then CCP did the right thing by not telling you. You made a silly assumption. Meanwhile other players were defending their homes, not selfishly chasing some imaginary reward. And others were deliberately tanking the sec status of some systems or playing as trig supporters, not chasing some imaginary reward. They were the ones playing the invasion right. You were just some mercs in the middle of it all that mistakenly assumed they were going to be paid.

1 Like

The Trigs had a win objective. Their win objective was to steal as many systems from the empires as possible. Each system stolen was a win.

EDENCOM had no win objective. Our goal was to prevent trigs from stealing the systems/keep the status quo. I was chasing no imaginary reward. I did the content/invasion to try and prevent systems from being stolen. Not for some material reward. The rewards gained from the invasion were awful and I could’ve made much more elsewhere doing other things. I went out of my way to travel great distances to help those in need, for a fraction of the isk I was making before.

1 Like

EDENCOM defending system was also an objective. We won many battles. I dare to say EDENCOM also won the whole war. EDENCOM have more systems than trigs at the end, when we count those that were a battleground.

What you mean is the trigs had an “end the war” final objective, and they didnt knew about it.

Beside that, they were stealing not only systems, but peoples wealth, they were destroying a lot of ships and looting wrecks of ships of the pilots that tried to evacuate with all their belongings from high sec that suddenly became null.

Edencom objective was also to protect those people. Unfortunately CCP had idea to massively imbalance the NPC reaction forces, to the point the Edencom was standing on a losing positions in Caldari from beginning to the end. Only with massive effort some caldari systems could be saved, the systems that were less desirable as they could be made only medium victories. Usually Caldari system flipping to Edencom was a fault of trig supporters not coming there, but chasing after some better targets elsewhere. BTW its ridiculous when single Naga, Caldari ship but piloted by capsuleer, with turrents instead of NPCs missiles, can destroy all the trigs everywhere solo, and whole Caldari NPC fleets cant. Because CCP gave them missiles.

I am awaiting the times when EDENCOM will be taking away systems from Trigs. Blowing holes in Pochven. I think there could be potential in that. Something more meaningful than FW even.

2 Likes

No
Not as many as possible. 27.

If every stolen system was a win, then so too was every saved system.

You’re too preoccupied with this overarching ‘win’ objective that in reality didn’t exist for either side. If the invasion was going to go on forever until the Trigs claimed 27 systems then that wasn’t really ‘winning’ for them was it? Neither side had an effect on how many systems were lost. Our war was to decide which systems were lost.

So everyone had their own objective. Their own reason for fighting. Their own list of systems they wanted to save or fall. For some it was to make sure their homes were saved or cut off from supply links. For others it was to make other peoples homes fall or for goons in particular; it was to 'cut hi-sec in half’.

Do you understand? CCP didn’t promise either side anything. You were supposed to create your own reasons for fighting. It’s just that you regret yours now.

If you really think no one won on the EDENCOM side, why don’t you ask the CalMil players that used to stage from Ichoriya? Or the haulers that used to move goods between Amarr and Jita?

Sure but literally anyone can get them because dual standings are a thing lol

So yeah that doesn’t really count as a benefit

I mean, defending isn’t exactly what happened, the event was always going to end like this and it was rigged, rather obviously, from the start, what edencom players did was help select which systems were lost and which would stay, they were always on the losing side :slight_smile:

And i say that as someone who was playing for the blue team in the PvE battles

Not entirely accurate actually, there are some edencom forts which are valid C729 spawn locations which means roaming trigs which do visit belts from time to time

You were never going to prevent it, all the blue team did was delay it and help pick which systems were sucked in to the void

Which system, the C729 spawns don’t warp to gates, the TMV systems have spawns that still warp to gates however

To be fair, it was pretty obvious to people who had been around the block more than once, i get that some people liked to take the wording at face value instead of reading between the lines but it was pretty obvious that there was no win condition for edencom, the event had no end date and there were zero hints about a win scenario for us, so the writing was on the wall for people to see if they were able to read it

Not going to happen, the entire event was created as a means to add Pochven to the map, there won’t be any attempts to retake systems now, this was just the fluff reasoning for the universe being changed

1 Like