EDENCOM loyalties

That seems like the problem of those who wish to intrude upon the sovereign territory of a CONCORD signatory.

You mean like House Sarum?

A shame there is no EDENCOM presence on the rebel side of the warzone. Perhaps if they were not so insecure about them, there would be some parity in this regard.

The word you are looking for is “sceptical”.

Maybe if Edencom was not so obviously Amarr-controlled, it would be easier to be convinced any repurposing will not be one-sided?

Then I suggest that the Republic work to gain further involvement so that they may better judge the intentions and actions of EDENCOM. Alternatively, they are more than welcome to pull out of current treaties and deal with their problems on their own as they see fit.

Until then, you complaining about a nation building defences when it is under attack is rather obvious foot-stamping over the degradation of your own ability to attack that nation at a later date. By comparison, I have no issue with the Republic building fortresses or maintaining EDENCOM-aligned fleets, as I personally have both little interest in attacking it apart from within the treaty-designated warzone, and have little concern they would be an impediment if full-scale war did break out.

I consider this a ploy on your part to cast doubt upon EDENCOM’s leadership and intentions, which undermines its efforts and encourages division within an already fragile alliance - and yes, we are allies in this war, whether you like it or not.

Fight your wars as you will, but you do play into the Triglavian’s hands with public dissent of this nature. Private dissent leaves far fewer avenues for Triglavian sympathisers to exploit. The masses do not have wisdom or tact, be they baseliner or capsuleer, and you are helping far fewer than you seem to think with this. Perhaps a letter of concern to Keitan Yun next time?

You are an idiot, Aldrith Shutaq Newelle.

I am a major voice on our side speaking for peace.

My main concern is that these perceptions are a threat for that. Edencom needs to actively start working against the perception.

Whether that perception is real or not is irrelevant.

1 Like

Speaking and acting for are two very different things. You sought to seriously undermine the Empire in Thebeka and I have no doubts in my mind you would do it again now.

While some of the concerns you present in this thread have merit, many are an unavoidable byproduct of the conflict we are in. The Empire constitutes half the population and territory of the civilised cluster. The Empire must militarise. It requires cooperation with all of its constitutions parts, plus CONCORD and EDENCOM. This will inevitably give the impression all of these facets are cooperating, which they are. It will also inevitably give the impression that the efforts are geared towards not just the Triglavians, but also the Empire’s other enemies. Which, in all honesty, they very likely are. However, if you require physical proof that is not the case, note House Sarum’s fleets that have been diverted away from the Floseswin conflict to assist with EDENCOM efforts in the Sarum military circuit.

And this is the unfortunate thing about promotion of rumour and conspiracy. It is extremely difficult to prove the absence of one. What would truly alleviate these concerns? The Empire must militarise, that is a simple fact. It also must be secure and stable or the Triglavians may exploit the same weaknesses the Minmatar might in their own personal struggle. You cannot have an Empire that is both strong against the Collective but weak against the Republic when it decides to ‘come for its people’. You have to make a choice between tolerating a strong Empire, or turning on the entirety of New Eden in a gamble to break the Empire, and potentially everything else. I, frankly, do not care which decision you make. Just make one already.

This is perhaps the only truthful part of your post, but it is not for challenging you here.

2 Likes

If Edencom relies on none of us having fought each other before, we are doomed.

It does rely on us not fighting each other now, however.

Any updates from your end how the Inner Circle talks are proceeding?

1 Like

You know very well that I do not, any more than you do.

And the way you constantly pose questions this way, sewing discord between Edencom capsuleers, implying we are at fault for high level politics, is why I called you a threat to the movement.

Movement? The EDI movement is already a pro-Minmatar hegemony. I am not sure what I might threaten there.

That ‘hegemony’ working for Edencom is what is at threat from the perception that Edencom is biased for Amarr.

And I do not myself think we should just part ways and each do our own anti-trig work.

Do you?

I think this.

Having had a moment to read up on this because the medical staff insists that I take a few days off from the pod, I must say that whilst every sentence in Valkanir’s resumé is inherently distasteful to proper Matari, there are multiple factors to consider. Firstly, there was never going to be a neutral candidate. If CONCORD had chosen an officer from the Republic Fleet, the Amarrians would have complained. If they had chosen an officer from the Federal Navy, the Caldari would have complained. If they had chosen an officer from the Caldari Navy, the Gallenteans would have complained. Secondly, at the very least they appointed a career officer rather than someone from the civil administration. Thirdly, so far, she has not backstabbed any of the CONCORD signatories in the line of her current duties. Fourthly, if she does so, to the point where it is detrimental to the integrity of this unlikely alliance, she can be replaced.

Many of the Capsuleers who have shared their viewpoints here have either fired upon me or been fired upon by myself during the Floseswin War. To baser individuals that would be a perfectly valid reason to refuse co-operation. However, when I enrolled in the Republic Military School I swore an oath to protect my people. I upheld that oath after becoming a Capsuleer. That is what led me to the defense of Floseswin to start with. I might be wary of the long-term consequences of what EDENCOM is doing, and I might be instinctively distrustful of Valkanir, but that does not change that the chiefs of all the tribes, the empress of Amarr, the chief executives of the megacorps and the president of the federation have all agreed that working together for mutual defense against this enemy is the best course of action.

Unless any of the loyalists arguing with one another in this peculiar place think they have a better idea than their people’s leaders, I strongly urge everyone who considers themselves to be bound by duty, or who has the best interest of their people in mind, to be the better person and do what is necessary, so that there will be a place to go home to when this crisis has abated. For the inhabitants of many systems, it is already too late.

1 Like

With respect, brother, the last post in this thread is over a month old, and my original was written in May, before the invasions really started and we saw how it would get.

At this point I no more give a ■■■■ if the Edencom Marshal is Arrach Sarum himself.

2 Likes

I apologize if the lateness of my response is out of place, but when this dialogue began, I did not have the time to respond to it, because I went from flying unresponsibly long sorties to prevent a world from being reclaimed to flying unresponsibly long sorties to prevent entire systems from going dark. I did not keep in mind that those comments were written within the context of the times before the invasion began.

2 Likes

I am glad to see some minds have been made up.

I agree with the decision to cooperate.

No you don’t. But it does not matter, since enough other people do.

I do, actually. I simply wanted a straight answer.

Well, here’s a straight answer to you, Newelle: ■■■■ you. Your attitude has been the single worst threat to Amarr/Minmatar co-operation throughout the whole thing and I sincerely regret my decision to stay in Arshat to help you retain the progress EM and PNS made when saving it from liminal. With the thanks you’ve deigned to give us for it, I should’ve left you to your own devices.

4 Likes