EDENCOM loyalties

When you make a judgement, and dismiss the aspersions cast upon your qualification to make it as superficial, you do invite more rigorous discussion upon that suitability. To object to the tangential point you initiated, and dismiss stances that conflict with your own as a product of childish antipathy is not only unworthy of you, but invites further debate that I for one want no part of.

I do not dislike you Lady Arsia, I respect many of your strengths; that you allowed the blinkered morality of others to cleave you from family and nation inspires only pity in me.

1 Like

Yup.

The State probably won’t call for help fighting off a threat within its borders under any circumstances. It’ll figure it out, and stand proud, or it won’t, and it’ll suffer. It might swallow its pride if New Caldari is threatened, but I’d say it’s as likely to start building colony ships for evacuation and resettlement. The Caldari have done it before, after all.

(The huge number of Kybernaut traitors due to the focus of capsuleer commerce at Jita isn’t going to be any help, mind. I won’t be surprised if the State starts pressing CONCORD for all of our extermination.)

2 Likes

I would not discard a glorious and voracious last stand or pulling a Yakiya Tovil-Toba. Losing two homes may be too much for the colective ethos.

None of that’s mutually exclusive, though. CalNav engages in a glorious and voracious last stand, culminating in somebody pulling a Tovil-Toba into the transmuter unit, providing cover for millions or, ideally, billions boarding transports. That’s how it went on Caldari Prime in the first place; fighters fight, martyrs sacrifice, survivors survive. You just have different people (or the same people transitioning between roles) doing it all.

As for losing two homes being too much, well, no doubt, it’d be hard. The next incarnation of the State would likely have to be EXTRA grim and determined to make up for it.

The Caldari way is survival of the community at all cost. Going down fighting is only worthwhile if it supports that goal. “Giving up” in that context is something for other people to do.

3 Likes

Since this was written:

• Amarr Empire systems have been succesfully defended against triglavians about 87% of the time, versus a 30% success rate elsewehere.
  • Sardar-Colonel Parvaz Sarkovas of the Ministry of Internal Order has been named Chief of EDENCOM Intelligence Directorate
  • There are Edencom Fortresses in Jark and Sasta, and in Teonusude, the latter put up without prior triglavian attack warranting an immediate fortification, effectively rendering key Minmatar defense routes in the control of an Amarr-led Edencom.

Conspiracy or not, it sure as hell looks like one.

And looks matter.

There is only so much voices for peace and co-operation can do if the organization they are trying to defend goes out of their way to look like they are using the invasion situation to prep for themselves to invade what’s left after the defense.

9 Likes

I wonder why the republic has not deployed capitals or supercapitals yet. The loss of Atgur could have been prevented.

What are those ships doing? Where is the RFS Sharea Osali or the RFS Karin Midular?
Why can’t they be deployed against the Triglavians?
Once the fire is lit, it will grow bigger. Don’t let that happen!

At this exact junction in history we have within our grasp the means to loosen our tormentors’ hold and win freedom for our kin.

• M. Shakor

Why is the republic not using it’s power? :frowning:

I’d like to know to what degree the Republic was involved in the decision to allow EDENCOM a fortress in Teonusude.

Very straight forward, did EDENCOM ask, did the Republic agree, and would EDENCOM leave if asked?

5 Likes

Why do i get a feeling that the answer would be something like “Move along citizen, it is for your own protection”.

1 Like

I’d like to know why none of them have.

2 Likes

Dreads are capitals but the empires are deploying them in pitiful numbers.

The likely answer is that they are deploying heavier assets, just not to the specific sites that Capsuleers are being brought in to help.

As a general response to the thread, it’s usually unwise to look for a conspiracy when systemic issues explain the results.

It’s an old truism that military planning is always one war behind the actual crisis. For the Tribes, the Federation, and especially the State, the last war was against one of the other CONCORD powers. For the Amarr, between the Jovian War and the more recent Drifter War, the war that our Empire has optimized to fight is one against alien forces with unknown capabilities.

As for these fortresses, I think they are unlikely to matter much in a conventional war. Matari fleets simply don’t target stars. That and we already had fortifications aimed at stopping Matari fleets.

CONCORD won’t be the same coming out of this scenario. But that was already guaranteed as soon as the Two Swords Doctrine set Amarr back on the path to true militarization. At this point cluster stability requires that Amarr continue to have a close relationship with CONCORD/EDENCOM. The scenarios in which we decide to disengage from the treaty and effectively go it alone are far scarier than the ones where CONCORD comes out of this with extensive Amarr infrastructure and a renewed spirit of cooperation between GalFed and Empire.

7 Likes

Neither do Edencom defense fleets, though; the fortified systems have support for gunstars and fleets at gates attempting to intercept pro-triglavian capsuleer traffic. That would be very easy to repurpose to intercepting pro-something else traffic.

That seems like the problem of those who wish to intrude upon the sovereign territory of a CONCORD signatory.

You mean like House Sarum?

A shame there is no EDENCOM presence on the rebel side of the warzone. Perhaps if they were not so insecure about them, there would be some parity in this regard.

The word you are looking for is “sceptical”.

Maybe if Edencom was not so obviously Amarr-controlled, it would be easier to be convinced any repurposing will not be one-sided?

Then I suggest that the Republic work to gain further involvement so that they may better judge the intentions and actions of EDENCOM. Alternatively, they are more than welcome to pull out of current treaties and deal with their problems on their own as they see fit.

Until then, you complaining about a nation building defences when it is under attack is rather obvious foot-stamping over the degradation of your own ability to attack that nation at a later date. By comparison, I have no issue with the Republic building fortresses or maintaining EDENCOM-aligned fleets, as I personally have both little interest in attacking it apart from within the treaty-designated warzone, and have little concern they would be an impediment if full-scale war did break out.

I consider this a ploy on your part to cast doubt upon EDENCOM’s leadership and intentions, which undermines its efforts and encourages division within an already fragile alliance - and yes, we are allies in this war, whether you like it or not.

Fight your wars as you will, but you do play into the Triglavian’s hands with public dissent of this nature. Private dissent leaves far fewer avenues for Triglavian sympathisers to exploit. The masses do not have wisdom or tact, be they baseliner or capsuleer, and you are helping far fewer than you seem to think with this. Perhaps a letter of concern to Keitan Yun next time?

You are an idiot, Aldrith Shutaq Newelle.

I am a major voice on our side speaking for peace.

My main concern is that these perceptions are a threat for that. Edencom needs to actively start working against the perception.

Whether that perception is real or not is irrelevant.

1 Like

Speaking and acting for are two very different things. You sought to seriously undermine the Empire in Thebeka and I have no doubts in my mind you would do it again now.

While some of the concerns you present in this thread have merit, many are an unavoidable byproduct of the conflict we are in. The Empire constitutes half the population and territory of the civilised cluster. The Empire must militarise. It requires cooperation with all of its constitutions parts, plus CONCORD and EDENCOM. This will inevitably give the impression all of these facets are cooperating, which they are. It will also inevitably give the impression that the efforts are geared towards not just the Triglavians, but also the Empire’s other enemies. Which, in all honesty, they very likely are. However, if you require physical proof that is not the case, note House Sarum’s fleets that have been diverted away from the Floseswin conflict to assist with EDENCOM efforts in the Sarum military circuit.

And this is the unfortunate thing about promotion of rumour and conspiracy. It is extremely difficult to prove the absence of one. What would truly alleviate these concerns? The Empire must militarise, that is a simple fact. It also must be secure and stable or the Triglavians may exploit the same weaknesses the Minmatar might in their own personal struggle. You cannot have an Empire that is both strong against the Collective but weak against the Republic when it decides to ‘come for its people’. You have to make a choice between tolerating a strong Empire, or turning on the entirety of New Eden in a gamble to break the Empire, and potentially everything else. I, frankly, do not care which decision you make. Just make one already.

This is perhaps the only truthful part of your post, but it is not for challenging you here.

2 Likes

If Edencom relies on none of us having fought each other before, we are doomed.