EDENCOM loyalties

I think that list has, in fact, been made and published, but I don’t have the link handy.

Certain types of blues and yellows. Please see here: URL Shortener, Branded Short Links & Analytics | TinyURL

2 Likes

Numbers don’t speak for themselves, Else, but it’s easy to make it look like they do. It’s one of the reasons they’re so useful for manipulating people.

I’ve fought alongside both Caldari and Amarr forces (and Matari, and Gallente) against the Triglavians. For some reason Amarr tactics and fleet composition seems to work really, really well. Federation and Republic fare pretty well.

The State … really struggles, and I’m struggling to understand why. After all, the Triglavian strategic profile resembles the Gallente to a surprising degree, and the way they don’t (explosive) is uniquely weak against shields. Maybe it’s the “liminal” ships? They’re fielding a lot of those…

I don’t know, Else. If there’s a plot afoot, it seems like it’s working mostly against the State even as it works for the Empire, which is a weird way to work it (you could argue that it’ll drive the State into the Empire’s arms, but the Caldari as a culture generally don’t work that way), and it seems to work at the battlefield level, resulting in outsized losses of ships and fleets: unsubtle and guaranteed to get lots and lots of attention.

Not so smart, probably.

What’s absolutely clear is that the State needs to take a close look at what it’s fielding in this war. Ships, colonies, and even whole nations can be rebuilt, but we’re losing stars.

1 Like

Possibly ECM.

The Empire’s tracking disruptors kill Trigs’ range. Disarmed Trigs are impotent Trigs. The State’s ECM systems still allow targeting of the ECM ship. In capsuleer fleets, that ECM ship is usually configured for long range, and sits well away from the targets, not in among the main body. The State, for some reason, keeps their ships together, leaving the ECM vulnerable. Once it dies, the Trigs are unfettered.

1 Like

Maybe, but, how prevalent is tracking disruption in Imperial fleets? The Triglavians field TD units, too-- Ghosting [this-and-that]. Actually, they field every kind of Ewar except Caldari-style jammers.

Maybe it’s neuts? Triglavians ships tend to be cap-thirsty…

Heck, maybe it’s both?

Hmmm … new thought: cross-rep on fast ships is really strong against missiles (I haaaaaaate ghosting damaviks). Maybe that’s a big part of the issue?

Combination of all of it could definitely be a thing, yeah. A lot of little factors just lining up right… or wrong, for the State.

1 Like

Your word, not mine.

To be biased and to favor one faction in a joint endeavour, or to abuse power that is given to you for one reason to also advance another cause… neither of these needs a secret conspiracy.

If the State’s fielding heavy missiles on its cruisers and battlecruisers, that would effectively cripple them against damavik swarms. Come to think of it the Triglavian roaming fleets we were killing last night in Ichoriya tended to be damavik-heavy. Damavik swarms collectively apply scary levels of cross-rep (not like a logistics cruiser, but enough to make killing them with modest firepower a huge pain). If the Caldari are struggling to kill the little stuff, that could be a decisive shortcoming.

Spreading jams works really well against frigates, but will likely concentrate their fire on the source and also it seems like maybe only eggers are good at that kind of coordination? Might need to field more logistics cruisers, more rapid light/heavy missiles, or both.

You know right now almost any change seems like it could be an improvement? Like, maybe, less Scorpions, more Rokhs? With blasters? As a thought?

Blaster Rokhs would be… frighteningly effective.

Here’s an oddity that stands out to me. For the Matari and Gallente, their forces stand just about equally against the Collective. On the other hand, Amarr forces will decimate the Collective whilst the Caldari struggle greatly.
Why isn’t Amarr reinforcing their allies?

1 Like

They don’t see them as allies.

3 Likes

Yes we do, but in answer to his question. I have only supposition, ally or no, deployment of Imperial forces in the State would be a charged issue; amidst the surrounding considerations I would be very surprised if the Chief Executive Panel has made such a request, without which the reinforcement he advocates would be tantamount to war.

2 Likes

Then I hope the bloody thousands of slaughtered CalNav ships have convinced the Panel to make the call. So many wrecks the signatures appeared to almost blur together into a sizeable asteroid.

1 Like

If they did not took the chance of proposing a lucrative deal of technology transfer and territorial lease with the Triglavians while the situation was in their favour, what makes you think they will negotiate under unfavourable terms to become more in debt with the Amarr?

ENDECOM failed the State
Militia powers are taking advantage of the situation and helping Triglavians in detriment of the State
Allies may cost to much to be called upon, be it in material terms or simbolic ones

As things are going, seems like a lot of Caldari would prefer to go all in or die trying.

:woman_facepalming:

Projecting your own flaws upon others is a poor habit.

Thank you for the pseudointellectual adaptation of “No U,” Aldrith.

It added ever so much to the conversation.

2 Likes

Given your well known emotional fragility, do you really wish to invite a more rigorous discussion of how woefully unsuited you are to pass judgement on any formal compact?

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that the topic at hand was “a discussion of how woefully suited I am to pass judgment on any formal compact.” Pretty sure that wasn’t what this thread was about.

It’s perfectly fine for you not to like me, but you’re just being childish.

2 Likes

Correct.

3 Likes

Because strictly speaking, they’re not allies. The Empire and the State have a mutual defense pact, not an alliance. The State would need to invoke that mutual defense pact, and as Aria’s told me many times, the Caldari are extremely hostile to the idea that they need anyone else’s help for anything, especially something so essential to the Caldari identity as, you know, survival.

3 Likes