Elitatwo for CSM 14

That’s not it, it is not part of my campaign. I can bring it up, no biggy but remember I am more focused on ship and module balance and making highsec a better place for everyone, noob or vet and everyone in between.

3 Likes

Serious props to you that tried bounty hunting in past and current game mechanics. Cool story too about the gank, I enjoy reading those. I’m tempted to start a thread on high sec PvP stories just so I could read more. :nerd_face:

This is true now, but in the current game mechanic, bounty hunters that have to suicide gank to collect are really vigilantes. They have to commit a “crime” to collect the bounty. What a lot of people seem to want is a way to “exact justice” in a legal way. But I suppose you would have to see a game mechanic that actuality works, to be convinced.

I know some people’s motives may be questionable on why they would want change, sometimes to nerf ganking. But personally, I would only want change if there was no effect on ganking. You can’t have bounty hunting without criminals. From the little bit of theory crafting I’ve done, a possible buff to ganking may even be required to make the new mechanics to work, but not sure yet.

Anyways, the stories generated by a working bounty system seems to have great potential in my eyes. The tales of hunting, and traps, and counter-traps, and counter-counter traps may be endlessly entertaining.

That is all I could ask. And I appreciate that you may be the rare person in CSM that wants to improve high sec. Many people say high sec is a dull place, but high sec has a lot of potential to be so much more.

1 Like

Exactly why I think it would be a good idea. I like highsec. I don’t like some things but whenever I am on a crossroads, I return to highsec and look where the road takes me next.
I also lived in a class 3 and 4 wormhole for about 2 years and in sov and NPC null. However unless I am in a hurry I usually only go to lowsec to have misunderstandings or I am invited to go on roams but I know most of the mechanics.

2 Likes

I’m largely a hisec player so interested when someone claims to represent.

If I were to ask you two questions they would be:

EVE is an ecosystem. Describe how you aim to represent a significant portion of EVE without considering the effect of low and null upon hisec.

EVE based Twitter is a thriving community with developer connections. How do you account for your ability to engage on this platform?

1 Like

Yes, that’s why we can shoot GCC pods legally.
Literally, actually. I have proof, too!

What would help was a way of enabling people to snatch GCC pods, because instawarping makes it impossible … but what kind of counter balance would be needed here?

You are correct again. I should have been more clear and said that a lot of people seem to want a game mechanic that allows them to legally hunt bounties that are not on GCC, or some other timer, and not have to commit a crime to do so. But, a new game mechanic would have to prove that this could be accomplished and balanced before many would be convinced of making permanent changes.

As someone who on rare occasions travels pod out to maybe swap ships or something, I’ve always thought it was strange that such a tiny thing can warp seemingly limitlessly. Traveling by pod should be just emergency travel, maybe at most a few jumps limited by fuel or something. Then if you chase them to dock, at least you might have a shot at blapping them maybe if they don’t have insta-dock BM. But before I say anymore, I’m sure there are threads on this and I should perhaps read up. :sweat_smile:

Already answered in my opening statement.

1 Like

As others have said, the Damsel is one of the ones that was changed from “drops in a can” to “spawns in your cargo” at the end of the mission… the only other one I can think of that changed at the same time is the reports in Stop the Thief.

Every other thing that I’ve had to get for a mission (including the storyline one you have to grab something for–Shipyard Theft, I think it is), you still have to get it from a can or wreck.

Interestingly, if you’re missioning in a fleet with 2 or more ships, the damsel/records sometimes spawn in the correct person’s ship but sometimes not… it seems random. I wonder if it could possibly spawn in a ninja looter/salvager’s ship if they’re on grid at that part of the mission, or if they’d have to be in fleet with the person who has the mission active.

2 Likes

As I recall you also get Dagan’s corpse spawn in your cargo hold since some time once he is killed during the SoE epic arc. I helped a guy kill it back then, we were in fleet, I killed it solo and the corpse spawned in his cargo hold so at least that case it was irrelevant who killed it the mission owner got the item (I assume as long as he was on grid, not sure).

2 Likes

Is it mentioned in a recent patch notes?

I do not recall such an entry but I haven’t read the last one for April.

1 Like

Don’t know about patch notes I am speaking of personal experience.

Edit: Btw it was months ago, more like half a year or more.

Oh okay. I have read all of those patch notes but I don’t recall something like this documented.

However, if elected into office, I will bring it up the second I step out of that plane.

1 Like

do you? I remember still manually looting Dagan’s corpse* last time I did the SOE Epic Arc. I try to do it once or twice a year, think I last did it maybe last September.

*and after I hit send I ofc remember that it’s supposed to be a live Dagan, not a dead Dagan, that you turn over to the SOE. :wink:

1 Like

Live or dead not sure about that, was a long time ago I did it myself. I killed his gnosis and checked the loot and he wasn’t there, not even sure if there was a loot or just the wreck maybe just a wreck. Told this to the guy (the mission owner who asked for my help) and he said Dagan is in his cargo hold. He was far away so couldn’t loot the wreck as I recall so the only explanation I see is it spawned in his cargo hold. Didn’t think of it much at that point I thought it is an intentional new feature to protect rookies or something and though it is just for that specific mission. Don’t see a reason he was lying or whatever so I assume what he wrote is true and the corpse or the live version (the mission item) spawned in his cargo hold. But of course there may be other explanation as well, I can only say what I personally experienced. Maybe someone can test this if it worth their time to do so.

Oh, they very well may have changed how Dagan drops, but I don’t think it was at the same time as Damsel/Stop the Thief is all I’m saying.

Unfortunately I have sad news and have to tell you that I didn’t make the deadline with my passport, even though I have valid travel documents.

However, I will still try to talk to the CSM member elect, whomever that may be and will give him my PVE document and my thoughts on how to make highsec a viable place to live again.

I will run again next year and hope to have better luck by then.

4 Likes

Wow, really sorry to hear that.

It was starting to look like High Sec PvE players were finally going to get a few more CSM representatives.

You should edit your thread title. Hope to see you run for CSM next year.

4 Likes

Hope to see you running next year

m

3 Likes

Thank you guys!

Yes, CCP Dopamine said, I should run next year so at the next CSM I’ll have my passport sorted.
I am inclined to do just that and will run for CSM 15.

5 Likes