Elite: Dangerous have ~400 billions of stars and EVE just only ~7800. Why CCP?!?!?

I thought this thread was about the number of stars in Elite: Dangerous.

I guess I’m wrong…

1 Like

Go and enjoy Elite: Dangerous.

You won’t be missed.

1 Like

Sorry mia culpa

My bad everyone!

Here’s a great big, giant ‘no thanks’ from me. 7,800 systems and so many of them are glossed over. Plenty of room for the playerbase to grow into what we have.

1 Like

That would be cool but then can you imagine the subscription for something like that?
I rather CCP not add anything and keep the subscription price at 14.99 per month. I’m fine with the way the game is as is.
The only time I got discouraged is when I noticed that EVERY planet already has a Customs Office so everyone who’s doing P.I is now held hostage by those big corporations who have them everywhere but as long as some of those Customs Offices charge less than 20% I’m okay.
The day I can’t do P.I will be the day I don’t play anymore.

Elite is a good game and do play it too but EVE is unique in its genre.

3 Likes
  1. As far as ED vs Eve, play that if you like it better.
  2. NMS is supposedly bigger than Eve. Its infinitely more boring.

My conclusion is that bigger aint necessarily better, and a lot of games pretend and or try be bigger than Eve for nothing more than one-upsmanship.

1 Like

Removed 38 off topic posts. Don’t do it again. First warning.

3 Likes

Can you guys imagine, 400B systems in the new eden cluster. 100 system are sov space. 100 are wormhole space.
People would still complain,

1 Like

It’s human nature to come together though.
I’m not sure eve needs billions of solar systems, but I also don’t think we need to be forced together.
Some people enjoy being completely alone. I’m one of them. I wish I had the choice to take over my own small slice of space. A personal empire.
Product would still need to be brought to market, there are always roaming groups you have to worry about.
You can already pretty much hide out in eve though. It just takes work. Those clear areas usually suck, too. Otherwise a mega corp would already own it.
Many of us simply came to eve too late. We’ll always be behind and unable to realistically compete at the highest levels.

6 Likes

Orca. Scan frig. Wormhole. Total freedom

1 Like

EVE doesn’t need billions of systems because it’s a multiplayer game.

But I got to thinking about it, and…What if we had another 10,000 to 20,000 wormhole systems, but specifically wormhole systems in which it’s impossible to anchor structures? That might create a very interesting exploration dynamic in the game.

Working on that as we type.

I’ve got the miners and the stations waiting to be anchored.
Just working on some scanning alts.
Ideally, I want to find the athanor I lost over 2 years ago.
I anchored it in a wormhole before I even knew how they’re classed. Then I got blown up, and the wh leading to it collapsed.
I’ve been off and on searching for it for over 2 years. It’s not been killed yet. It’s low power from lack of fuel, and just sitting out there somewhere.

1 Like

That sounds awesome.

I just did it on one character but that sounds fun too

I would gladly pay an extra fee per month to rent out my own private space from CCP, that no one else could interact with. Or maybe CCP could produce an Eve-type game with that in mind.

IMO this is a stupid idea
its like saying , why cant we dock on a planet and explore in a hover , and build a space base etc…

thats wat you get for YEARS of development and 300 MILION dollars , a BIG , beautiful city
and even there the dam thing is all bugged

it took 9 years and 400 peeps to do this city in Minecraft

what EVE online have to gain with BILLIONS stars , F nothing
just a endless stream of money wasted in development that will not improve gameplay

elite have single shard 4000 man in the same system pvp? NO
different games , different scope , one is a RPG other is some kind of simulation

kerbal space program have ONE star , and its AWESOME

i wasted all my english and is better to end here , but that bigger is better idea is the cancer that make AAA games so ■■■■ this days

3 Likes

I completely agree, although their “presence” isn’t obvious there are many null corporations under different names or holding corporations that muscle anything they want in high sec.

I’d say less then that, again too many places locked behind gate camps, and too many players desperate to kill anything that moves so real exploration is out unless you like hitting D-scan every second constantly looking over one’s shoulders gets tedious.

Also true, there are too many cockroach corporations that simply won’t die, and thus you get bloat.

Although this is true the ideal is for someone to PVP it away from others, but again bloated corpses…I mean corporations make this impossible.

1 Like

Chek out procedural generation.
Space Engine for example
Coded by one man in his free time.

There is no investements required at all compare to total CCP profit.
And who say that you need to spread people? ED same is eve have populated core - Bubble.
Empire space in eve is still be empire space.
Markerts, trade routes, etc.
But people get more freedom to move and take their places.

BTW, KSP dont have multiplayer.

Well, if they want a ED style one there is.