Emerging Conduit (triglavian) solo fit?

I’m having fun soloing emerging conduits but find that I need to warp out 1-2 times on the last wave to build my shield buffer back up. I’m a fan of passive tanks (which might be my problem), but wonder what other fits or other ships folks are using to solo these sites effectively. Below is my fit I’m using so far.

[Gila]
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Light Missile

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Hammerhead II x1
Hammerhead II x1

1 Like

Swap the DC II for a Shield Power Relay. That will help with your shield regen rate.

2 Likes

That takes recharge from about 85 hp/sec to 115. EHP drops about 10k to 56k, assuming mostly due to lack of hull resists. Does the additional 30 hp/sec make the trade off worth it?

1 Like

Why don’t you try it? I’m doing the sites in my active tank Loki with ease, but it’s not a cheap fit+clone (too lazy to tone down for testing).

2 Likes

Absolute EHP is a useful measure for a ship that’s going to fight to the end - when hull counts. But for a ship that is intending to have a stable self-sustaining tank it’s less important since you should never be relying on hull to save you.
@Marcus_Gideon’s suggestion is a good one you should never be in hull so improving resistances there is wasted - if your shield tank can’t hold get out then your armour and hull buffer isn’t going to save you. Use the space to improve shield recharge so you can manage more incoming DPS.

I normally fly armour tanks - buffer there is useful as sustainable tanking uses capacitor (active repair rather than passive recharge). I normally fly with a bit of additional buffer which gives me chance to reduce the incoming DPS to a manageable amount, or to stop repair in order to allow the capacitor to recover. But that’s my personal preference.

6 Likes

Actually i doint it with a passive rattlesnake…500hp/s with faction,also good for fob. I can just sleep among conduit.
Btw i am out now but if u want i can link fit when i am back home.

1 Like

I do these sites in an orca. Shield regen is very slow but so is time to do trig salvaging. This means I can do two sites, plus salvaging, without needing to dock. And then I usually just do a third one anyway, as outcome is a bit of a lottery depending on what ships emerged previously. Half the time I am still on shields, if only just, after the third site. And half the time I am in structure, but either way I have to dock afterwards. And repairs are free in player structures.

1 Like

Do them in a T1 Leshak. Even with a single turret has no issues against the faster smaller Trig ships, most don’t even get into their turret range.

Its down to your tank vs their DPS and your weapon range vs their turret range. They have good nuet and disrupt ranges, so you’ll need to take that into account with your fit.

Oh and they eat drones up, so if you’re drone boating, you’ll need to manage your drone very closely.

Drones are interesting because in an orca they are all you have. After a bit of practice I never lost any drones during 20-odd sites. Then a couple of days ago I lost several flights back to back and just could not get the trigs to focus on the orca. Only thing I could work out that was different is I was being lazy and using mixed flights. (And maybe not taking out trigs in my usual order.) I went back to using all Warrior II for first two flights and all Valkyrie II for third flight of trigs and am back now to not ever losing drones.

2 Likes

I did a few sites last night in a Raven: rapid heavies with active shield. Always had to warp out once to re-up on shield and cap. I’m positive a Rattlesnake would do it with ease but I don’t wanna drop the ISK.

Rattle eat them all

1 Like

Ze missile loki and AC sleip is what I tested them with dropped some tank added some gank.

Land mwd ships closer to spawn drop 10 salvage drones drop tractor thingy murder site by the time next pops up in scan drones are finishing wrecks.

Most times you have to wait for drones to finish but it is a wreck or two wait rarely more,worth it for hands of salvaging.

1 Like

I tried it replacing the DC2 with a shield power relay, as suggested. Conduit is much more survivable, with a couple of 3rd wave spawns where I didn’t need to warp out. Still often have to get out to recharge shields.

2 Likes

I think there’s a bias toward EXP dmg, with the beam weapon. Though I have not studied the entire damage profile; I imagine this has been outlined in another thread somewhere. You might try replacing one invuln with EXP hardener.

1 Like

It’s typically Them/Exp unless the Razen have a special dmg profile. The benefit from the 3rd AIF2 is negligible compared to dedicated hardeners. Check the info on the common enemy you are seeing there and take 1 of each of the dmg type and one adaptive. IE if they are thermal/explosive take a thermal hardener, explosive hardener, and an adaptive.

1 Like

One other change was I swapped one AIF for an EM hardener due to Zorya’s EM-heavy damage. That seems to have helped.

1 Like

in an armor fit withoout any specific hardener, the rah goes to thermal/explo (like 40/20) at the end of the conduit.

I tried with a bhaalgorn, kill the kikimora first and it’s easy. Double web + grappler + tracking computer scripted tracking.
capmodules are not required since I used 3 nosferatus, so I only used one large cap battery. Primary nos target is blinding? the tracking one, because it reduces your tacking, then neutralizing. Yes the rats have normal cap, so you can cap out the tracking disruptors - remember to stagger your noses.

For tank, I had one RAH, two faction EANM, 1 Core b re, two auxiliary rigs (could have gone one nanobot). I used items I had on one station, something else may be more suited.

I had to OL rep one of the first time because I focused on the cruiser first, while the destroyers are actually more dangerous in terms of DPS/hp (meaning you can shoot them fast and remove the DPS). After that it was ok.

Blinding are sensor damp, Ghostings are the tracking/missile disruption ones. (I flocking hate those little bar-stewards).

yeah, thank you.

blinding are not an issue.

Primary target are
1- kiki
2- ghosting
3- starving
4- vedmak

Actually I think the more DPS-heavy frigates should go above the vedmak. The vedmak is very resilient (well vs bhaalgorn).
I used multifreq on close range(<20km) and standard above.

I think maybe switching the nos on the vedmak can cap out his guns ? which can be faster than killing it.

1 Like

Trigs NPC’s have actual, working cap? Not like other rats?