Emerging game-play - CCP reporting - bad trolling - concerning all of New Eden

Good day capsullers,

This post will be of general interest to everyone the plays eve, regardless of activity. I will not polish the apple longer, so let’s get into it. It has come to my attention lately, that more and more players are developing, or at least trying to develop a new type of game meta. Namely reporting other players to CCP, in most of the cases for flimsy and barely perpetrated breaches of the ToS and in some case of outright false breaches, in a shameful attempt of getting the reported player banned from EVE. Such an attempt was recently made on me. A player, for the sake of his protection, let’s call him “Player K” has all of a sudden contacted me via in-game mail. In this first contact, he found it fit to use an aggressive and taunting tone, along with false accusations of faking my character decorations, whatever that means and as if this would really affect him in some way. So I took it as a verbal challenge and I proceeded to respond to him in a similar taunting manner, only I didn’t use insulting words. As a result of this, he lost his wits and sent me a second, this time inflammatory message, stating falsities about me and my corp and also asking me several questions, after which he proceeded to block me – this is what I call a ToS trap, trying to force a harassment claim on me, in case I used another character to respond. I answered to him from another character – a character more than 8 months old, and after that I received a third message, but this time not directly from him, but from another character – let’s call him… Player O. In this message, he threatened me with a report to CCP for harassment – thus confirming my suspicion and for creating a new character to respond to him (a falsity, as the character I sent the response from is more than 8 months old). The whole conversation is pasted below, please read it carefully and post any constructive answer and/ or opinion you may have, as this behavior concerns all of us. I mean, is this honorable? Is this a new meta? Using CCP as a “weapon” against other players? I don’t want to gain any sympathy, but I consider EVE Online to be one of the best games ever made, I respect the CCP team’s work throughout the two decades of development and I also respect the player-base for the passion and dedication. I consider EVE to be a game of mind, of wits, passion, patience and skill. I don’t consider it to be a game of crying and trolling, especially not CCP trolling. I’d like to know what you guys think.
Note: this is not my main, I censored all the names and what could be considered personal info from the messages, including my character’s name. So no chance of breaking the ToS – point 19, in case any “emerging game meta - report” fans are thinking of that.
Messages-01

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Imagine triggering someone THIS much that they write books worth of tears. This is fantastic, we need more.

Grow some thicker skin, block the guy and move on with your life, kid. Either that, or keep throwing your little hissy fit, I need more salt for my :popcorn:.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the opinion! As I said, EVE is a game of mind, wits, passion, and skill. I’d like it to stay that way and not become a race to get the other player banned. Some actions are within the game ToS and within general common-sense, but threatening and abusing the rules is not - ToS - point 1, also general common sense. I wrote this post and took the leap of faith to post the conversation because I observed this “emerging game-play meta” and I think we should all be aware of it.
Any opinion, even provocations and taunting are welcome, although constructive opinions are preferable.

Stay safe and fly dangerous,
Player V

1 Like

Players with functional brains would just tell them to shove it and report to CCP if they cared.

CCP does their due diligence and if you didn’t break TOS like you claim, then you won’t get banned, ezpz lemon squeezy. No one in the game has GMs on speed dial, and anyone claiming they can get your account suspended or banned are just pretending to be an internet tough guy.

If you want EVE to be a game about “mind, wits, passion, and skill” you should at least have enough to realize they’re talking out their ass and can’t actually ban your account like they claim, lmao.

Oh, so I guess all those stories about people getting wrongfully banned and then un-banned are only myths then, aren’t they? And no, I am not talking about the Brisc Rubal story, but many bad fly-boys have had their accounts banned because they upset a group of carebears that banded together and spammed CCP with reports of threats or racial prejudice - fake reports, but nevertheless many reports and sooner or later, the reported player gets banned. Do your due diligence, these things happen. I noted your opinion and I respect it. I choose to bring awareness of this new “emerging game-play meta”, as I think it should not be encouraged.

1 Like

Oooh, please do share. (Assuming you’re not talking out your own ass right now) I can do with some more popcorn tonight.

Here’s a fun thought, just block them and stop talking to them. Now they don’t have anymore content they can use as material to support their reports to the GM. :slight_smile:

This is got to be one of the more pointless threads this month…and it’s the 29th so.

Block the troll, move on. They will too…

1 Like

Already blocked, after the last message that I pasted. And concerning banned and un-banned people, just ask in the gankers community. Enter the minerbumping channel and see how many people had their accounts suspended for bogus claims. That’s not my story to tell and I don’t want to mess with the ToS. But if you’re interested, I told you where to look.

1 Like

Lmao, those kids pretending like they’re some TOS abiding folks. Bet they’re conveniently leaving out the parts where they were verbally abusive and harassing individuals to try and squeeze out some more tears. But whatever, you’re free to put your stock in whoever you think is trustworthy, lmao.

I flew for CODE (years ago) and never heard this…and FYI, going there to get an honest answer is not a smart move to begin with.

As I said, not my story to tell. What I had to tell and show, I backed up with print-screens, not only narration. Opinions and discussion on my account and the “emerging game-play meta” it shows, please.

1 Like

It’s against the TOS to make false claims…

Sorry but unless you have name of people who WERE wrongly banned, your one example is just that…one. Hardly emerging.

Any how, good luck with those windmills…

I have at least one first-hand example of character getting banned for ganking. I seldom use 2 characters to gank, I never talk from any of them as I only use them when I’m really bored and I just want to gank someone and I got reported for sexual slurs - on a character that doesn’t talk. Anyway, maybe the improbable thing of this only happening to me is a reality… or maybe this isn’t head about because people don’t talk about it. Well here: I made a post about it so now it’s out there to talk about.

1 Like

Oh, so what could happen? I could get swamped with messages from ban-trappers or worse: authentic cringy cry-babies? Oh, noes!

1 Like

Opinion noted. And godspeed! You won’t be missed!

1 Like

I pooped myself when I realized you’re Player V and Miss Player O. Thought you could fool us with your toons eh?

1 Like