Empire level 4 epic arcs guide

As long as you match your tank vs specific damage, should be doable IF you really KNOW how to fly your ship. I know that Loki and Tengu can deal with them, but they are T3.

I don’t remember Matar one doing that much dps, 700-800 dps tank should be fine, but… That is based on battleship being able to kill things at range to also eliminate a lot of things before they can become an issue. Been a while since I’ve had an Gila, so not sure if it can do that, with drones travel time, etc… They also like to go for drones in epic arcs a lot, so something to keep in mind as well.

However, considering for what people are using them I wouldn’t be surprised if it could do it. Just be careful about your damage resistances.

I would advise caution in few missions

2 Likes

I think before I could have, but with what they have done to the Gila, in terms of drone HP nerf or maybe the rat AI just hates drones a little more than I remember… (5/10 Angels giving me way more trouble) I think I better start sinking some skillpoints into a Machariel.

Are these missions all in highsec?

1 Like

There’s different paths available in the Level 4 Epic Arcs, some of the paths have missions in Low and Null sec, I think they’re mostly Courier.

Can check out Mission Reports for more info about the various paths available in the Level 4 Epic Arcs.

https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReportsEpicArc

1 Like

Not for Minmatar one, you stay in HS all the time.
Gallente has small possibility in one case, but you get 3 missions to choose from, only 1 has chance to be in lowsec.
Amarr does send to lowsec in 1-3 missions, depending on your luck, but also they are not combat missions, you just need to drop off stuff.
Caldari sends to lowsec OR to nullsec, you can choose.

The guide I have follows the paths that yield maximum standings and stick you to highsec as much as possible and in some cases send you to lowsec, but it is clearly marked so. You will not have to go into null space.

1 Like

Yeah, @Rich_Darine was asking if the missions were all in High Sec space.

I’ve done almost all paths in all of the Epic Arc’s (haven’t done the Sansha path in the Amarr Epic Arc yet), I use a T3 Loki Cruiser and refit sub-systems and modules for missions as needed.

1 Like

Ah, I assumed he was refering just to matar one

Just want to say that the warp speed article is by me, not Ashterothi :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Site was offline for a day, my bad… well technically herokus bad, but ultimately my bad… Fixed the issue and should be back up

1 Like

changed the domain!

1 Like

What would be the lowest SP requirement to be able to solo all 4 epic storylines ? I am actually grinding the faction standing to activate the arcs but apart from my T1 hauler, my alt don’t have any relevant combat skills.

Some have suggested a rattlesnake. It will definitely not be a marauder as I don’t want to skill my alt too much

instead of grinding faction standing, there are corps that you can get up to 5.00 effective to permanently unlock the Arcs.

• Amarr Empire “Right to Rule”: Ministry of Internal Order OR Amarr faction (5 effective standing)
  • Caldari State “Penumbra”: Expert Distribution OR Caldari faction (5 effective standing)
  • Gallente Federation “Syndication”: Impetus OR Gallente faction (5 effective standing)
  • Minmatar Republic “Wildfire”: Brutor Tribe OR Minmatar faction (5 effective standing)

So getting corp standing to 5.00 effective could be easier than grinding away at the faction standing. Plus corp standing is permanent in unlocking the arcs.

checkout discord.unitedstandings.org and come and chat with any of the missioners and we can help give guidance to you on running the arcs, or possibly even raising the corp standings for you.

Could you do it in a fleet of T1 battleships?

I would say tentative yes. I’ve done them in T1 BS, but it’s not easy and you should know your ship really good.

Now, I’ve tried to note the initial distances of enemies and scrammers, so you should be fine in something with MJD and sniper fit, but unless you are really comfortable in your ship, I would take something a bit more beefier.

Now, if you are planning on doing it with a friend, not alts, then it should be doable, as long as you stay aligned most of the time and can do about 1000 dps combined, you should be able to clear most of the things before they become danger.

The problematic ones would couple of last gallente missions, they have MWD’s and my 1000dps tank on some of them was working a bit hard to keep up, but I also had 1400 dps damage to take out few ships and reduce incoming DPS.

If you do go for T1 BS, I would recommend shield boat with 10k shields with damage specific resistances of at least 70ish%, biggest repper you can put and also the cap injector.

1 Like

Nice guides. Edited because information shared was unwelcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t put all the missions in, Learning by Doing doesn’t yield Standup Hyasyoda Research Lab Blueprint (single run, copy, material level: 8, time efficiency: 8) blueprint, which is the most valuable thing you can get from caldari arc, hence my guide focuses on how to get Across the line to be last mission

1 Like

I wouldn’t say information was unwelcomed, I’ve just explained why I included other mission :slight_smile:

It is missing the mission you’ve mentioned, but this guide is focused on getting the “most bang for the buck” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You actually make more money from the Blue Pills. Profit from building a Hyasyoda Lab is ~60m currently (less considering manufacturing tax, unless you want to haul significant m³), whereas the Blue Pills are ~70m. And you also don’t need Outpost Construction skilled. (I’m still salty about chosing the Hyasyoda path on my first run, can you tell?)

Which actually makes the Caldari Epic Arc … not that hot as far as monetary reward is concerned. Yes, I realize that Caldari standing is the most important because after all Jita is a thing, but Right to Rule has 280m reward on the less profitable path. And considering the lowsec/nullsec hauling mission it’s also not that easy for Jita alts to outsource them to combat characters in order to grind standings.

Here are a couple time savers for your consideration for inclusion in the guide.

Caldari/Penumbra: A General’s Best Friend
You can use an MWD frigate for this instead of a battleship. You’ll be through the gate before they can lock you.

Minmatar/Wildfire: Written By The Victors
In a well tanked (Exp/Th) ship, warp at 100, kill the scram frigate if needed, then either MJD or back up and warp to 0 from 150km. Loot and warp out.

Minmatar/Wildfire: From Way Above
If you can project ~100km, wait until all the groups spawn. Warp at 100, kill the two Gist Domination battleships and warp out. Particularly helpful if multiboxing.

Since I think I recall you said you don’t play much anymore, the drama that’s kicked up about the Caldari reward is simply that market conditions have changed. The blueprints are selling for 25% of what they used to, and the pills 50%.

1 Like

But the built lab thingy is still worth more or are pills now worth more?

Nicely done.