Encounter Surveillance System Update

nope, I still don’t care

I don’t think I could have put it any better mate!
Thank you for speaking out as this ■■■■ show of the latest series of updates have only just made the game less appealing to me and to many others in my alliance!

@CCP_Dopamine Not sure what you guys are trying to achieve here. If its making the game less fun and way less appealing to the majority of your player base, well then congrats you have succeeded with flying colors. Keep it up and you will lose the game like you all almost have during blackout!

7 Likes

My answer CCP_Dopamine if you think that the players lost during the first attempt to get into the wallet of the players during the bleout, you are wrong then under the pressure of the players, the bleakout was canceled. But the ССР did not give up trying, then you cut the asteroid belts now there is nothing to dig except for a few moons and now the ССР got into the wallet of the players in a tight forcing pvp against the will of the players or they will lose their money. Personally, I canceled my subscription and will not renew it if CCP does not cancel this update and I think many players will agree with me, there are many other projects in the world that deserve attention. Congratulations to the CCP on driving the penultimate nail into the coffin EVE. Good bye .
P.S. goodbye to you it was interesting until you ruined everything
P.P.S. And yet CCP may be the master of the game but still what will they be left with if most of the dissenting players leave, think about it CCP…

8 Likes

Seems like just one more Rube Goldberg machine in the game. Would have been so much easier to just reduce bounties directly or if one really wanted be dynamic make it something like overshooting ratting would result in fewer ratting spawns. (e.g. at military index “7” NPC reduce throwing ships away and respawns take forever). ESS was never a popular item and I suspect the result of this will be fewer people playing. NPC Null, which is where many small organizations get some of the null experience, sadly seems completely forgotten again with this update.

1 Like

That would be a loss players could live with, and easy to adjust from time to time.

1 Like

That wouldn’t serve the secondary objective of ‘give people something to fight over’ that CCP thinks this will help.

Not sure it will, but it’s clearly part of their priorities here.

1 Like

I have had to remove some inappropriate posts…please keep within the forum rules please.

1.Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

Trolling
Flaming
Ranting
Personal Attacks
Harassment
Doxxing
Racism & Discrimination
Hate Speech
Sexism
Spamming
Bumping
Off-Topic Posting
Pyramid Quoting
Rumor Mongering
New Player Bashing
Impersonation
Advertising

Try clicking on the Main Bank details area within the ESS window. It should give you a list of characters for the last two day.

Thanks a lot for peppering my choicest new career in this new game which was ratting in nullsec in the safety and sovereignty of my Alliance protected system which right after the update got swarmed by a fleet of 40 of your oh so beloved “pvp player base”, stole well over half a billion isk, killed a couple of PvE fitted unsuspecting ships then moved on. Since I wasted 39 million on gas cloud harvesting skill because its so undependable profession and since mining is really for bots and being alpha and about a year away from having the necessary skills to compete and stand a chance, I thought ratting level 2 would make a slow and steady and relaxing stream of money and bring some excitement unlike mining all the time. But thanks for shoving ESS and robber gangs upon nullsec. Now all of New Eden and its activities can be equally hated. And your beloved school boy gate camper aka “pvp player base” will get more “content” this way, and your game will gain more life. How pleasantly surprising of you.

5 Likes

If you approach this ESS update not from a place of entitlement, you’ll understand how much more fun this change is.

fun for a few maybe, not fun for the players that have already stopped logging in. along with the miners that stopped logging in weeks ago. i have resisted posting over this but the past few days have just made it clear that pve in NULL is not what CCP wants, but they are not offering an alternative. punishment for playing only leads to loss of players
for what its worth, i rather like the reserve bank mechanism with a slow build and a key which will ultimately generate interesting fights. The main bank portion is just a takeaway for ratters and giving hunters easy mode tools to find the isk is pure nonsense. not everyone wants to pvp and not everyone has the resources to defend what has been stolen from the by ccp when someone else tries to steal it for themselves. drop the main bank thing. Lower bounties if that is your goal, but dont push players out of the game just because they really arent interested in pvp

6 Likes

I don’t mine but, damn Attack Battlecruisers at 120million, 85m for the other bcs, I remember buying those for 25m a decade ago.

5 Likes

Hey CCP I just wanted to point out how this is ESS/DBS serving me, a paying player of Eve Onine

You put out DBS to disincentivise botting/RMT but put out a buff to ratting when players PVP. Seeing that Oasa also has the a good PVP response fleet, arent you just improving their ratting output even more?

Meanwhile, I have stopped my subscription and have also seen significantly lesser corpmates log on and to rat and chill.

In the end, all you did was incentivise was the RMTers and botters, and discourage people from logging on, it seems.

8 Likes

Thanks!

Sounds like you need to have your Alliance diplo explain what they mean by “protected”

3 Likes

thank you ССP for destroying the opportunity to attract newcomers to zero-security regions. How do I explain that in systems with zero security, you can earn money if neither I nor he can earn money?
This update is terrible, a terrible situation where the victims are put at a known disadvantage, because all the information is visible where and how much money. Nullsec will be degrade

5 Likes

You forum warriors, come ingame and enjoy update!

1 Like

I’m clearly in the minority here, but I’m a null-sec ratter that likes this change. Null-sec is supposed to be dangerous, lawless badlands. Sure we have intel channels and standing fleets, but that’s nothing more than towns putting up a milita in the Old West. Will my income go down? Yes. Will I have more fun content fighting off bank robbers? Yes. I want excitement living in null, otherwise I might as well do Level 4s in high-sec.

My only complaints would be about how the system works, not that it’s there. Getting the loot out by using asset safety in my corps own structures? Bit of a slap in the face.

4 Likes

This is magic of CCP: roamers can get their stuff being teleported, locals have their stuff put somewhere where it can be stolen.

7 Likes

ESS is fun, but make kiting PVP possible also.