Encounter Surveillance System Update

If you look closely (at the MER), you’d see how several regions farm a few trillion ISK every month. They do so in a compact space that’s well defended, which is good! However, due to how those ISK are farmed and how they’re defended, something had to be done to counter the sheer lucrativity of those ratting hubs.

Since the same amount of players defend those ratting hubs, they’ve been now asked to either keep it safe with a lower payout, or to spread out and risk their ability to defend all of those.

As many have noted, the impact on the small guy turned out negligible or irrelevant, most enjoy higher ratting payouts than previously, however, leaving a set of afk-tars or gilas in space 23/7 leads to reduced bounty.

Since no one here is afk-farming and all are instead insisting they’re very actively grinding for ‘maybe an hour a day’, this is a win-win.
Unless of course the opponents of the ESS/DBS systems were lying and are actually just 23/7 turbokrabs who sleep over downtime.

The worst patch in eve history. ESS will kill nullsec, just give it time. You took away the ore, there is nothing to mine for miner especially for beginners since juicy R64 moons are reserved by veteran players or you need to pay very high taxes. As a result, all hulls of T1 ships became 3 times more expensive!!! Raven hull costed 100 mil isk , now 250 mil??? really??? And those so-called pvpers are glad for these changes. Excellent!

Instead of reworking nullsec sovereignty system where such “ESS system” could be made for caps for capturing/defending systems with some timers, and encourage players to go to null sec instead staying in high sec, you did in opposite! Now it is more profitable to run L4 missions than ratting in null sec, lol!

Most of supercarrier pilots now sells their ships. So much fewer players crabbing in supers now because risk and reward is ridiculous! Maybe in large super corps it can be viable, but for all smaller corps it is not working. Also people have families, jobs, different time-zones and not everyone can play eve for 24/7! It is very hard to reinforce and ratting alone is suicide or you give away 40% your income. 3 hours to wait for your deserved payout (yes flying supercarrier is a hard work, you must pay attention to neutrals, droppers, and fighters)??? Seriously??? What you smoke? Can you send this weed to me???

On top of this, under such changes, who needs those null sec systems if most renters running away from null sec??? Absolute disaster. About PVP, in which way it provides more pvp? Ship prices now will skyrock again and no ratters will be those systems.

Tip for CCP, just roll back all your crap added to the game and just DO NOT TOUCH IT! Just let servers run!!!

11 Likes

it has now been 5 days with no activity of any kind in observed systems and the percentage remains below 60%. why would anyone want to rat there?

1 Like

Yes. Thats the thing im talking about. 3-5 days % didnt change any direction.
And now they all changed down side. Even if all those systems was totally empty.
Awesome.

1 Like

How do you know?

Do you know the threshold for what counts as “too much”?

Do you know the threshold for what counts as “PvP” to raise the percentage?

oh my god, i sure hope so.

If you’re not aware, that’s a good thing.

Nullsec NPC bounties currently account for the largest faucet in the game. CCP is trying to bring it down.

Rambling nonsense.

Again, that’s the point.

2 Likes

I’ll bet dollars to donuts Incursions, wormholes and FW farming are next.

I’ve been pointing to the 2011 changes, thinking that CCP hasn’t learned. But maybe they have, the mistake they made in 2011 was nerfing null anoms will leaving most everything else untouched so we just used alts to do incursions or set up a multi-carrier Lvl 5 farming operation.

But if they never the ‘escape hatches’ too, well then this ESs monstrosity is actually not so bad, at least until they point where they nerf everything too much and people stop plaything.

Nerfing everything is actually ok, because prices in game are fueled by how easy it is to generate wealth. The 2011 anom changes were bad because they only really nerfed anoms so the prices didn’t change but it was harder to make isk in null to afford things.

As always, we will see.

Not much a sandbox, if not the players who drive things up and down right?

3 Likes

This system should be removed, if not, it should be arranged urgently. 3 hours should be too long and 1 hour, the duration of theft should be 5 minutes too short 30 minutes.
Even if the uncertainty continues at the end of the period, money should be distributed.

You owe us donuts because CCP devs have confirmed that’s a bug.

[Reddit - Dive into anything]

It’s LITERALLY there as a comment from the dev. Do you not read the things you link?

Hi-jacking top comment.

This is very likely a bug, as we migrated all mission data between systems. As far as I know nobody did any intentional changes to the payout from missions. I’ll take a closer look tomorrow.

So yeah, not confirmed yet.

CCP only really posted because the topic was starting to attract attention, when the first one didn’t get that much.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/jym9cy/major_mission_running_nerf/?sort=top

A good image certainly does help bring attention. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I missed that comment yes.

I should have known better than that have faith in CCP. My original opinion that this ESS thing is stupid and will result in adverse outcomes is restored.

4 Likes

actually it hurts the small guy more, because you can’t maintain a a military index of level 5 without killing the index. and since ess robbers are fight and loss averse, you can’t push you’re payout with pvp… I’m at 50-60% payout before the patch. and I’m far away from living in a remote area…
bots on the other hands just rat and don’t care…

5 Likes

What the hell are you talking about? the small guy will have a loss of income allready, as part of the payout is taken by ess. Even worse if he make good ratting, then their system will become juicy and a risk averse gang will just come and take it, witch means, if he fights he loses more, if don’t, he is not earning anything for the duration of the roberry( or even more if the party grief him) big blocks on the other hand, will have fleets to defend their stuff almost 24/7

Плохое это ваше обновление. Вы никогда не побьете рекорда онлайна прошлых лет. Желание заходить в игру постепенно пропадает, в игре отдыхал, сейчас азарта и интереса нет совсем. Возможно люди еще по инерции будут играть ради общения с друзьями, потом пропадет и это. Не говорю, что игра умрет, конечно не умрет, только играть в нее уже становится не так интересно.

1 Like

BS, no roaming robber gang cares about the measly payout of a few 10 or 100M, it’s about fights and kills.

then why are so many coming in, going to the ESS and leaving? seems risk averse to me. the bigger issue, is if they dont fight, the index percent keeps dropping. several systems we are watching just keep going down. where is the supposed equilibrium?

6 Likes

Less risk, your pve ship cannot be tackled by the people yeeting in as they only have ab and web no mwd and no point.

Plus you can cloak stuff on grid outside bubble in ESS which is completely broken as CCP probably
won’t fix it.

Also drones are op becuase of no mwd’s so they will always catch up even with heavies which most ratting ships use. Your ratting ship can pretty much solo defend against most solo defenders as you just need to put your 700 dps gila drones with 60k ehp on the enemy and watch them die as they try run.

There are a lot of solo robbers who can’t fight the blob. I did this a couple times, but it is not that much fun imo running all the time.

Look how ESS boosted PVP and the game is better now. Hail ESS!

1 Like