Encounter Surveillance System Update

you say that to someone whos lives in 0.0 and gets visited by robbers. so, no BS, simply the truth

1 Like

the ones coming in are no different than the epithal gankers that run as soon as anyone responds. there may be some honorable players out there that come for the thrill of the fight, but our experience has been more of the run away type unless they come with a decent fleet. The worst part is, when they dont fight, our percentage multiplier keeps going down. we want the fights too under this strange mechanic, but alas, it is just making people not even bother to log in until a change gets made. sad times

4 Likes

I mean, Iā€™ve already cancelled my 15 accountsā€¦ Iā€™m done with Eve as a result of these changes. Between the lack of Mining available anymore, the lack of Ratting since the caps/supers are making it non viable for me in my smaller ships, iā€™m done.

4 Likes

All these people quitting. I donā€™t see that happening.
EVE-Offline :: EVE-Online Status monitor (eve-offline.net)

1 Like

You wonā€™t be missed!

I donā€™t care about you, but CCP will miss my money. Iā€™m talking with my wallet, not just my mouth like you constantly do.

9 Likes

Reallyā€¦?

6 month period average is 33k concurrent players
3 month is 28k
1 month is 25k

Seems to be down by a fair bit if you ask me.

Hopefully the number wonā€™t dip below 20k by the start of next yearā€¦

2 Likes

Check the link I posted. You didnā€™t seem to bother looking at it. The avg numbers are apx the same.

Yeah, really. If you want to cherry pick data to fit your narrative, thatā€™s your perogative. But EVEā€™s player population is pretty healthy overall. And that ā€œoverallā€ (which you seem to have trouble understanding) is what CCP cares about. Many of the changes that CCP has implemented may be bad for some people, but are for the game ā€˜overallā€™.

I think itā€™s probably too early to tellā€¦ as the changes come into effect and ppl start to have to grind more to fund their PvP it may be that concurrent users will be a lagging indicator.

2 Likes

Maybe people should stop feeling like entitled children?

The EVE playerbase as a whole is was too pampered with easy, low effort isk that bloated the economy. Instead of treating the isk/hr you kids made a year ago as the baseline, treat it like a bonus and now youā€™re facing the real world. Donā€™t know what else to say other than stop FEELING like youā€™re so entitled.

1 Like

Well that was a disproportionate response to my neutral statementā€¦ you OK there bud? If you love a grindy game so much, why not step over to Korea - youā€™ll fit right in!

4 Likes

Nope, itā€™s an adequate response to all of the incessant crying and whining thatā€™s filled up the above 700+ posts.

1 Like

Nobody likes stuff taken away from them, that just human nature.

1 Like

Maybe the 700+ posts might reinforce my hypothesis that concurrent users will be a lagging indicatorā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, no one cares.

CCP saw the path EVE Online was heading from 2016 - 2019 and realized that it was unsustainable and the stagnation would kill EVE Online. This is better for the game overall. Again, you need to stop seeing things from your personal feelings perspective and take into consideration the rest of the game.

If the changes impact your gameplay, guess what, itā€™s a sandbox, you can adapt. If you canā€™t, then you can find something else or leave. No one is forcing you to stick around.

Maybe the 700+ posts might reinforce my hypothesis that EVE Online official forum posters are just whiny and entitled carebears who are too spineless to defend their isk if thereā€™s even the chance that they might lose a ship.

See how compelling of an argument that is?
Itā€™s not.
Wanna try again?

1 Like

you saying ccp doesnā€™t or does care iā€™m confused.

1 Like

Then you need more help than I can provide on an internet forum lol

well I just trying to figure out who doesnā€™t care and who does.

1 Like

Well, your argument requires more assumptions then mine, and is very biased - firstly because of your bias, but also coz it doesnā€™t match up against what iā€™ve experienced so far, so Occams Razor says mine winsā€¦ but moreso having defended ESS in my region you see the same thingā€¦ generally speaking roaming ESS hunters are not looking for a fightā€¦ if you enter into the ESS then they leave (or attempt to kite you from outside the bubble)ā€¦

This is the same mentality which calls ganking miners and ratters ā€˜Elite PvPā€™ā€¦ itā€™s just cowards wanting cheap thrills.

With the occasional exception (which was already around for roaming PvP before the changes)
Defenders will defend, ESS robbers will run away from the larger, more powerful groupā€¦ orā€¦
ESS robbers will have a larger, more powerful fleet then the defenders can muster, and will rob the ESS uncontested.

Either way, the ā€˜braveā€™ ESS robbers will not seek PvP, but will generally filament out, avoiding PvP.

Since the changes have gone in, we had a couple of PvP fights at the ESS in the beginning, and now itā€™s just run and filament.

Looks like you are either pretty naive or just enjoy trolling.

7 Likes