Encounter Surveillance System Update

Ill try to rephrase it so its more understandable.

This show’s that ccp cares about growth and maintaining player base.

This show ccp doesn’t care about maintaining player base.

4 Likes

The ESS changes are just an annoyance in general, but because the ESS robbers don’t want to PvP, you can’t get the bounty modifiers back up… every system around is dropping down to 70-90%, and the ADM military index goes up slower than the bounty modifier goes down… so they probably want to look into that and do some rebalancing.

1 Like

Congrats, you’ve just helped provide a nice argument against the majority of whiny children in this thread who assume that the isk in their ESS will get stolen and they’ll lose ticks. I’m glad you agree with me here.

Again, it’s just a bunch of whiney kids who don’t know what they’re talking about crying because they feel entitled safe isk making. The mere thought that a percentage might possibly be stolen from them via an invader is too much for them so they come here and cry about it. When in reality, they’re fine. It’s only their feelings of entitlement that cause them to lash out.

I think that there is nothing wrong with what CCP tried to do with the ESS - if you are in null sec controlling a territory, you should get out and drive off invaders.

Filaments are disgraceful and just kill PvP opportunities.

However, whether it’s roaming PvP, ESS hunting, gate camps… generally speaking, if you think you can win the fight you will engage, if you don’t think you can you will not engage. Scarcity will make that worse and make players even more risk adverse (and also get them PvP’ng in cheaper ships which will probably go up in price).

So, CCP tried with the ESS mechanics to invigorate PvP, but EvE players have used the tools to keep risk adverse, which leaves a broken dynamic bounty system in their optimism.

3 Likes

I think they over did it myself. they could of did just the ESS or the bounty modifier instead of doing both. but we will see in jan when the december eco report comes out.

2 Likes

You are entitled to your wrong opinions.

Wow, welcome to EVE basics, you must be new here.

Yeah, again, this doesn’t matter since it’s LITERALLY the damn point of the changes that CCP has been making. Feel free to read CCP dev blog when you want to start talking like you know something.

Lmao, nice goalpost removal.

Read the devblog again, kid.
“the aim is to revisit the concept with more focus on creating a flashpoint for conflict across Nullsec.”

It’s not an attempt to “invigorate PvP”. It’s simply an additional facet where players may encounter conflict. Whether it comes from carebears and their internal conflict of “oh no muh iskies” or from roaming gangs and direct confrontational conflict through combat, etc.

You mean players have found a way to learn how to effectively play a game? Wow, how DARE they! They should be feeding all of their ships to the defenders in the ESS bubble!! How DARE they learn effective strategies!!

Again, it’s just one tool CCP is using to manage the messed up ecosystem that came about thanks to the 3 years of bloat from 2016-2019.

Nice attempt at arguments, but they’re all garbage.

Even better non-attempts at rebuttals, but your words are empty.

Or others like this:

You mean… create flashpoints for conflict… i.e more PvP… i.e maybe… invigorate PvP.

I see you only exist to troll, so i’ll leave you to your existence.

8 Likes

Since you have nothing to say, I’ll consider this your concession. Thanks for seeing things my way, kid, maybe you’ll learn a thing or two next time.

1 Like

Another victory for common sense.

\o/

I checked it, and the date I posted is directly taken from there.

Taking a straight nosedive over the past few months with no sign of increasing any time soon doesn’t scream healthy to me.

If I really wanted to cherry pick, I would have posted the 36h, 1w and 2w averages, which only have an average of 24k concurrent players.

I didn’t though, because I don’t think a single week is that good of a time frame for measuring online numbers over a change that happened not that long ago.

We are only starting to see changes from the ore reword around now, withprices of veldspar and plagio evening out as well, and numbers related to the ESS change will only stabilize by around next year.

1 Like

Thieves sits in the middle of 75km bubble w/o MWD, how hard can it be to catch them there? Unless you wait on gate for 5 minutes until there are 10 of you for every one inside, and then complain what nobody want to fight you and run away.

And if they literally start running as soon as first potential defender shows in local, then your bank is safe, nothing to worry about.

1 Like

try to catch a oversized AB phantasmn…

I thought this forum is a good place to share your opinions and complaints about some features of the game . But apparently it is just a place where someone critisizes something and some internet bullies try to climb up stepping on these people who they call carebear and start attacking them, talking down on their game style so that they feel superior or whatever. Also, most of these people have no information but somehow thay have a lot of opinion about the player they are critisizing. These people needs to grow up because this attitude will not take them anywhere. Well, farewell forums. And have fun.

12 Likes

Use your own oversized AB phantasmn if nothing else?

how do you catch something, if you are as fast as the other one?

1 Like

You don’t need to literally catch him, just keep him in range of your guns. Long range BC/BS exists too. Also, Huginn. Or cloaked trap.
There are many things you can do.

But even if you fail to catch him, he won’t be able to steal your money (assuming you react fast enough).

reading is hard

That’s why I prefer colouring books, and CCP should start publishing their patch notes in black and white images I can paint.

1 Like

Unfortunately there’s something called pochven filaments, which the thieves use to Immediately return to a place where they could redeem their bonds. From there the probability of Sov null ratters catching them is somewhat bleak.

3 Likes

no catch, no kill, no raise of bounty modifier…only losses for me

in an ess, sure…

I see you use ESS regulary. why do I even bother discussion this with you?

1 Like