Encounter Surveillance System Update

The no cloaking mechanic only affects the ESS bubble, not the ESS pocket.

Damn I’m impressed CCP really do read these, thanks CCP for removing cloaking even outside of the bubble inside ESS.

In what way is this opinion wrong? Filaments have been used to avoid PvP as much as they have been to create it. I saw a zkill of a guy who just filaments from place to place killing MTU’s. Its pure naivety to think people won’t just loot an ESS and filament out, but now people can filament into a very isolated Triglavian region where a mere fraction of the player base operates.

LOL. And you should know better than to assume everyone is dumber than you.

Is it the point? If nobody PvP’s anymore in anything but rookie ships, would this change be considered a success? If so, why not go back to the days of having to pay for clones, where nobody would PvP in a frigate, when their clone cost over 100 million?

Say what? CCP have been moving and removing goal posts on a regular basis. If that is something that gets your back up, feel free to post about it so other randoms can tell you how wrong you are for having an opinion.

If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. Nobody writes on a bag of cookies that its %33 fat and enough sugar to kill a small animal, you write ‘its full of energy’ or ‘low in salt’.

Have you seen his zkillboard? It looks like he is doing more than just sitting in a station waiting for reds to go away. On the other hand, your zkillboard looks like you’re a sock puppet or a troll, though youtube does have some PvE videos under your name, though dated, look to show a non-trivial investment of time in making the big ISK.

So warp core stab limitations on FW sites was not in the interest of the health of the FW game? Stop conflating effective use of tools with toxic gameplay. Without the ESS gate limiting ships to cruisers and larger, it would be nothing but cancerous unengageable nano kitey interceptor gangs running around setting these things off to troll people.

Its a hot mess of melting cheese and the players have only themselves to blame. The ESS is forcing a commitment that has been missing in PvP for far too long. Of course, nobody in High or Low cares, so that leaves the people in Null not busy in Delve, or busy preparing to be the next target after Delve falls. If filaments were a one way trip from High/Low to Null, it would go a long way to shoring up the gap and creating more good PvP and not this risk adverse crap where people just peace out to avoid losses.

If you bothered to look at his zkill, there are a number of ships destroyed on what looks to be a regular basis, carrying filaments, so no doubt for every one that has been caught, its likely as many filamented away.

Rather than just be offensive and denigrate the opinion of others, perhaps get up off the sidelines and see what its like out on the ground?

9 Likes

Request : Add feature to allow players to deposit ISK into the ESS banks.

You’re taking a theoretical possibility and then incorrectly extrapolating to actual gameplay. Just because you can think something will happen, doesn’t mean that’s how it’s actually done in the game by the players.

The type of people who would engage in this behaviour would be ones who aren’t looking for a fight. You really think people will waste 30 minutes of their lives filament-ing in and out just to steal 20m isk in an ESS?

I’ll assume things when I start to see evidence for it.

Yes it’s the point. Read the Ecosystem devblog. Your rookie ships comment is unfounded exaggeration that’s not worth more than this comment.

Why are you even bringing this unrelated aspect of the game?

Literally by the virtue that they’re the developers of the game, they can do this. Your comment here isn’t even relevant since you’re comparing someone moving argumentative goalposts for CCP’s continued development of a video game.

Wow, CCP refuses to provide you exact step by step and nuanced details when they themselves don’t have such data, they must have some ulterior motive. Get out of here with your bs.

zKbIlLbOaRd sTaTz MatTeR, lmao

You completely misunderstood my comment if this is your response, lmao.

…and here you go again bringing up unrelated comments. If you’ve been paying attention to the MERs since 2016, you’ll notice that Nullsec NPC Bounties have exceeded ALL other ISK faucets in the game. Of course that’s why CCP would focus specifically on Nullsec.

You’re free to raise random ideas like Filaments to Low, but as it relates to CCP trying to bring down nullsec isk faucets, that’s irrelevant to this discussion.

there it is with the “arbitrary points on a 3rd party websites matter in EVE Online” thing that people resort to when they have nothing else.

nice try, but your arguments are just as garbage and off topic as his. wanna try again?

depositing is already available, its called ratting. some people still do it.

Ratting takes too long. Need a way to instantly setup ESS bait.

1 Like

Errr that’s not a theoretical possibility. Last night someone tried to steal 28 million from the ESS, and then filamented out. It literally happens 90% of the time after ESS interactions.

2 Likes

Is there a way to find how many subs characters are in eve?

Filament Wall Of Shame.

That’s just the cruisers. Look at all the frigates carrying the damn things.

Remove head from sphincter, then comment.

No ESI endpoint for the ESS, otherwise there would be a zkillboard for top bank robbers.

Unfounded? It took all of 2 minutes to find a bunch of cruisers with filaments and those look to be the greedy ones that tried to jump a gate.

Aversion to risk has a long history of negatively impacting PvP. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

CCP not only moves goalposts, they regularly drop the ball. Ignorant opinions that claim a lack of evidence when it can be easily found do not help to make the game better, it only serves to continue broken states that are exploited by those who prefer the extension of unfair playing fields.

Every new release is great new content, everything is awesome and completely balanced? Two words.

Resource Wars.

Herein lies the problem, the belief that others are wrong and lack evidence, whilst also claiming the evidence presented doesn’t matter.

Comment? It was a whine defending the fitting of ships in toxic ways.

If you were paying attention, this isn’t the first time NPC bounties have been ‘iterated’ with an ESS. First thing that people did when they were introduced was stick them in ratting sites with multiple spawns, or behind gates in deadspace pockets. Exploit. Citadels get released. Anchoring an ESS off a citadel. Exploit.

Now who doesn’t read? To quote from the ESS Update announcement

" The new ESS will have a unique set of on-grid rules to encourage good fights and avoid troll-like tactics. The ESS rule set, which affects a 75km radius around the structure, contains the following:

• Warping is disabled
  • MJDs are disabled
  • MWDs are disabled
  • Cloaking is disabled
  • No cynos may be lit
  • No filaments may be activated

Together, these conditions will demand commitment from anyone hoping to get their hands on someone else’s hard-earned ISK. Of course, the meta that develops around the ESS will be monitored and adjustments will be made as needed.
"

Right there in the last bullet point. No filaments. Of course no filaments are being used on the ESS grid, but its not like its that hard to burn away after and filament out at the nearest celestial after looting the bank. If filaments only operated to move ships OUT of high security or low security, to go INTO null, and NEVER out of null, It might adhere more cleanly to the intent of ‘No filaments may be activated’. Its not the only solution, no doubt people will have better ones, at least those not affected by the myopic view that no problem exists.

First you deny it as implausible. Then you deny the evidence as irrelevant. Its hard enough to get good feedback to CCP without stepping into the cesspit that is reddit, without this kind of pestilent contribution devaluing what should be the primary means of communication with CCP.

5 Likes

Much as I hate to get in between two sparring lovers like this, I gotta say Scoots that if you think folks aren’t filamenting in and out if they don’t like the look of a system, you need more cloaky camping alts! Seen this many a time and even with no bubbles often we’ll get a group filament in and bounce out immediately because there’s 20+ people in system or whatever.

4 Likes

CCP may be able to figure it out, but I doubt they would share the info. If there is a way to know, I think someone who could tell you would have answered your question for you by now.

1 Like

Someone posted a thing of how many alts per person and it was something like 60% with 1, 20% with 2 then lots of single digits so I would say you can take player count as 50% of character amount.

2 Likes

:partying_face: Woot! I make the single digits with 3! :smiley:

1 Like

wow 5 killmails~

An insult because you’ve got no actual response, cool.

Now you’re just dodging the topic. Read it again.

“Your rookie ships comment is unfounded exaggeration”
And then you try to counter by saying it took you 2 minutes to find a bunch of cruisers?

What do these cruisers have to do with your claim that people will resort to only PvP-ing in Rookie Ships? Or did you realize how dumb that argument was and are now trying to move goalposts so it looks like you never said it?

Here’s your own quote since it seems like you need help reading.

Again, you’re making a dumb argument.

CCP isn’t “moving goalposts” here. They’re developing the game.

Here are the goalposts that CCP set: https://www.eveonline.com/article/q80qky/the-eve-online-ecosystem-outlook it’ll do you some good to actually read them.

The changes they’ve made are, in general, working towards those systems.
It’s too easy to farm ore - nerf ore.
It’s too easy to farm isk - add risk and opportunities for theft

Just because the changes hurt carebears in the short term (btw, the devblog says this kind of shortage is only temporary while they work through the bloat) doesn’t mean they’re “moving goalposts” or “regularly dropping the ball”. They’re developers taking an unprecedented action to save the game that’s been filling up with garbage for 3 years.

Now you’re just putting words in my mouth, claiming your words are my argument, and then attacking the argument you came up with. More signs that you don’t actually have anything to say.

Please show me exactly where I said that. The forum allows you to quote me and I’ve seen you do it several times already. I’ll wait.

Here’s one word for you. Blackout.

Turns out CCP devs aren’t psychic and know exactly what the outcome of their changes are. Are you going to fault them for being humans?

Do you remember how many times they redid the New Player Experience, re-iterating to find what work, cut out what didn’t work, and improved on the stuff that did? It’s called learning. Trying to shame CCP with a single instance where a mechanic didn’t magically turn out to be 100% amazing is incredibly immature and shortsighted of you.

What’s worse is the implication you’re trying to make here that because Resource Wars failed, CCP doesn’t know what they’re doing (protip: most people don’t), and thus CCP should instead listen to random kids on the forums.

>doesn’t present evidence
>claims to present evidence
yeah okay

WELCOME TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF 16 YEAR OLD MMORPG
YOU MUST BE NEW HERE.

Yes, I’m aware that this isn’t the first time they’ve been iterated on. Clearly, CCP believed their prior iterations WERE NOT SUFFICIENT AND WARRANTED MORE ITERATION. If they thought the work they did in the past was good enough, they would have stopped. Given that they’re still working on them, obviously they want to do more work to bring nullsec bounties and the ESS closer to their end goal.

What are you even trying to say here? CCP iterated in the past, that didn’t work, so they should instead listen to random kids on the forum?

Off topic.

Wrong, but again, you’re entitled to be wrong.
Feel free to quote exactly where I said that.

There’s a reason why CCP devs interact more often on Reddit than on here, just fyi.

Last time we tried to catch a fleet, and we forced them into a dead-end system, but when I entered the system, I didn’t see any hostiles. They must have filamented away. And this is very frustrating to see.If Theft is this easy, why would people be productive if they could form a fleet and have a fast battleship in it, and steal stuff from other people, and just filament away, back into trig space to cash in their bonds? More economic mayhem I suppose.

2 Likes

Maybe they just logged out?

Either way, getting away with the loot is a satisfying end to any caper. Of course the needs to be game play around any good heist, but if balanced correctly, you are going to sometimes be outwitted and left shaking your fist and the wily cat burglars who moonwalk out with your stuff.

The fact that that can happen isn’t a problem - it is a feature!

ESS is meh, but the bounty risk modifier is just plain ■■■■■■■ retarded. From 20m ticks to 7-8m. How the ■■■■ am I supposed to afford ships to PVP with with a 75% and falling bounty modifier?! I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription, as 0.0 is no more profitable, at all.

3 Likes

Is it at 75% on every surrounding system, constellation, and/or region?

Can’t you just rat one or a few jumps away?

If your corp/alliance is defending an ESS in a 75% modifier system, then maybe you should look for a better group where you can just rat in a good system and leave the defending work to others.

Hope you also know how to press F.

so lemme get this straight…
you work your ass off for the bounty, half of it goes to that ess bank, some random dude come in and steals it… you fking with the ratters right? :DDD