It just sounds like a risk averse coward who doesn’t know what’s going on and is scared of anything that appears on his overview.
Honestly, none of this matters.
Stuff like this is EXACTLY why players are really bad at determining who is / is not botting. You take any behavior and just say “well I wouldn’t do that” or “that’s weird to me” and then jump straight to “oh, must be a bot” or “oh, must be a bot but the player came back.”
like… really? just report them and move on. speculating on a single instance of someone acting weird to you isn’t meaningful or worth your time.
Ok, I asked because my only other experience of botters, the Mods would pop into a character and try to interact with the bots to determine if anyone was home.
Thanks for the link, one question, what was the “Blackout”??
Whoever these mods were are horrifically bad at their jobs and should not have been in charge, lmao.
It was a time when Local chat was set to Delayed mode for Nullsec (and Lowsec for a bit). As in, people wouldn’t appear in loca chat until they said something (just like how Wormholes work).
I am at all of the opinion that no playing time, no matter by which activity in the game, would be to get. Then we wouldn’t have hordes of bots, 50 alt accounts for alliance leaders, half AFK multiboxers with 10+ accounts and all the AFK cloakies in NS. Period.
Please do, mining in high security space should be like trying to trying to get the last of the peanut butter out of the jar, always some more there, but just not worth scraping out.
Ore out side of high security space got hit too.
Because all the fun PvE content goes there, like the drifter invasion everyone forgot about.
Well, structure spam was knocked off the ‘most annoying part of eve 2020’ by the ‘big red dot’ by a fair margin.
Its not being ruined as much by CCP as they player base is. People just can’t help themselves but to do min-max gameplay, because that’s what gets rewarded.
Is that 200 million an hour? With LP factored in?
Hope not, that camel is carrying enough straws that rumplestilskin could pay off the federal debt and still have change leftover.
Predicating the MESS on PvP is an awful idea for high security space. there are just too many systems where nothing happens and the DBS will unfairly punish those locations.
On the other hand, it would also have the effect of increasing PvE payout in an area where CODE ganks people, making more people want to do PvE stuff there.
Bring back the second incursion site in High Security space!
At 60 million ISK per hour, its still about 30 hours continuous work, which doesn’t sound practical. The real problem was always people in supers ratting for 500 million an hour. Which meant they could buy even more supers from all the ore that was being turbo-rorqual mined.
Which is why CCP needs to change the PvE content and quit tinkering around with adaptive taxes like its some blizzare progressive spaceship IRS.
No local in 0.0. People who liked to PvP thought it would be great. After two weeks. they got upset because those who PvE had logged off to play other games. CCP eventually turned local back on, but not before the large blocks proved that a super umbrella is the best umbrella and a whole lot of other people decided that other games were more fun long after blackout was done.
Delayed local should have been called ‘optional’ local, as delayed indicates some kind of waiting is required.
If only CCP made people pay for subs, rather than allowing in game PLEX to be used. Keep PLEX for buying stuff, but if time in game cost real $$$ all those bots would go.
Just a question. Why is this not also live/a thing in Low/HiSec?
I got back to game a bit and this totally looks like something HiSec (also) needs.
Increase difficulty and bounties in HiSec Ratting replace missions with this. Add controling faction (amarr, caldari,mini, galente) stadning, lp, 1 run BPCs to rats, some loot… make new rats classic “PvP” fitted and have them use player hull names - Blood Raider Slicer / Blood Raider Harbringer / Blood Raider Curor, Blood Raider Vengenance,…) this is a move to teach new people, what’s what.
Have these ESS accessible only by public Accel Gate. Maybe add 2 gates (left - right, that send you to two different zones on ESS grid - for dueling/gangfight purposes)
Accel gate informs you, you are entering “NullSec / PvP / Demilitarized” zone. And on confirm, tosses you in. Maybe even sets your color to Red/Blue, hmm.
Get the bank!
–
Rework missions with time to have… objectives other than “pew pew”. Like hacking, remote repping, web/scraming, etc… so they become 2-5 people activity more than solo.
–
1.0 - Frig only
0.9 - up to Destroyers
0.8 - up to Cruisers
0.7 - up to Cruisers
0.6 - up to BC
0.5 - up to BC
(keep size under BS for highsec, imo).
Think of this like more ways to give players easy access to PvP that’s not “gate camp”
Might get more people accept dying and moving to low/null.
Some easy reason/way to find PvP even as solo pilot. Add 5.000 SP daily reward for jumping in to zone.
P.S. IT WILL INCREASE DESTRUCTION. (I guess you need this as incentive)
After a few weeks , I realised that whole ESS is dead as content. I barely see ESS robbers in my region,( not even reported in Intel) so this content just hit on pve and brings no more conflict as CCP planned. while that, DBS only drops around, as the expected conflict never happened.
Why do you think that? Point of bots is RTM, if it costed real $$$, they could still be profitable. If you want the bots to go then PLEX price plays major role. As for example, if you buy 20$ worth of PLEX from CCP and get 2 billions in game, but you can buy 6$ of PLEX worth stuff from botters for 2billion ISK, guess which one is going to stay in business.
Other than that, keep in mind that bot owners might also try to steal your payment data as well, that is another thing to consider.
Overall, just making payment with real $ to play would affect them in very small way. The bigger thing would be to remove multiboxing from single machine.
Sure, those should also be looked, actually I didn’t consider those to be honest, charging real money for them would maybe impact it a bit, but considering how many people sink hours and hours in this game, they would prolly eat the cost… Seen all those nutjobs spending 3000+ USD on golden ammo in world of tank and other similar games?
I didn’t say it would stop it, but setting the cap would make it less profitable, I am just saying that in case of RMT, the actual payed account makes less difference, since we can observe RMT in many games that charge monthly sub
And that would be good, I really started to dislike alts a few years back… Wanna join alliance? Do you have scouting alts? Wanna do industry? Do you have more manufacturing job alts? Wanna do trading? Well, do you have alts in every trade center…
For me EVE is still meh due to multiboxing and all the market / jita local / etc bots… Speed up travel, remove bots, you can’t tell me somebody has endurance and willpower to do 0.1 isk whole day and post same message 3 times per second for hours… Don’t even get me started with all the ISBoxer client overlays, etc, pretty sure that is still going on… 1 client per machine would solve a lot of issues…
There are enough bots in Eve, they rule the market and thus indirectly make prices for real players. Maybe only 30% is created by real players, the rest by bots - it starts with minerals.
So vast research arms of alts, market alts, and PI alts are fine, you want to remove both legal and illegal alting from the public eye and keep it safe in stations and never undocking? Are you sure you are against alts/bots?
Not quite following what you are asking, but yea, I would prefer all alts to be removed, if you’re doing something, commit to that. Without all this support from countless alts, we wouldn’t have titan caches every 5 jumps…
EVE client can gather about it’s environment if you look at EULA and can figure out if it is running inside VM. As for it being selfish, puerile and disgraceful, if you say so, sure… Not sure how it is exactly those things, but I am sure you will elaborate it in your next reply.
Also, I consider it puerile that you would react in such a manner since you disagree with somebodies opinion which isn’t in line with your own. Also maybe you are selfish with your army of alts taking opportunities from other players. If that was the case, that would be disgraceful.
Actually, I already won EVE, I log in every few weeks to see what is going on and keep an eye on forums to see if there is something new worth going on. As for krabbing, I had to look up the term, looks like I would need to be in null sec to be krabbing, considering I didn’t undock 4-4 in about a year now, that is a bit overreaching with that term.
And you got that impression from what exactly? I never said I don’t have or that I don’t use alts, I am just saying that they are bad for game, especially after 2012-2015 period when people started doing one man incursions, one man 10 rorqual fleets, hell, even in PVP there was one man bomber fleet. Ofc, those are extreme examples, but still, people running 6-12 toons for PI + 6-12 research alts and it adds up…
Around 2015 I’ve had 8 research toons with manufacturing lines, did I use it? Yes… Was it fair? Well, I don’t think one guy should be able to outproduce corp of 10 actual people. Instead of me being able to produce 3 jump freighters per month, I was able to pump 24 of them, just by myself. Also instead of promoting team playing in online game, everything in EVE is more of “just make another alt instead of splitting the profits”.
I get it that some people like alts, I get it that people are used to them, hell, I also keep few of them around, I am just saying that for general health of the game, they might not be the best thing. You are free to have different opinion and ofc voice it as I have, but I would appreciate arguments instead of trying to insult my abilities.