Encounter Surveillance System Update

Neither is a Battleship ignoring any other ship entering the site until it opens fire, then warping immediately, especially MY ship, which was a lowly tech 1 Algos fitted with junk I looted from wrecks.
As I said, an obviously pissed human at the helm when it returned.

If I enter a system and find a large, stationary ship ratting, I target and fire at one rat; 9 times out of 10 the ship warps out; what is really interesting is, if it was a human operating the ship, why would it not stay and compete for the wrecks, after all, they can one shot anything at that level; and why, if they didnt want to compete, not move on the the next site in the system?
More than once this has happened and there was one final combat site in the system, yet when I entered it there was no sign of the battleship (or VNI - another popular choice it seems).
I should add, this is in HiSec, not some Lo/Nul sec where any new ships has to be considered hostile.

It just sounds like a risk averse coward who doesnā€™t know whatā€™s going on and is scared of anything that appears on his overview.

Honestly, none of this matters.

Stuff like this is EXACTLY why players are really bad at determining who is / is not botting. You take any behavior and just say ā€œwell I wouldnā€™t do thatā€ or ā€œthatā€™s weird to meā€ and then jump straight to ā€œoh, must be a botā€ or ā€œoh, must be a bot but the player came back.ā€

likeā€¦ really? just report them and move on. speculating on a single instance of someone acting weird to you isnā€™t meaningful or worth your time.

1 Like

Ok, I asked because my only other experience of botters, the Mods would pop into a character and try to interact with the bots to determine if anyone was home.

Thanks for the link, one question, what was the ā€œBlackoutā€??

Whoever these mods were are horrifically bad at their jobs and should not have been in charge, lmao.

It was a time when Local chat was set to Delayed mode for Nullsec (and Lowsec for a bit). As in, people wouldnā€™t appear in loca chat until they said something (just like how Wormholes work).

Thanks. There is so much to learn about the game, I doubt I will ever run out of questions :slight_smile:
Fly safe.

Removed a spam post.

I am at all of the opinion that no playing time, no matter by which activity in the game, would be to get. Then we wouldnā€™t have hordes of bots, 50 alt accounts for alliance leaders, half AFK multiboxers with 10+ accounts and all the AFK cloakies in NS. Period.

1 Like

Please do, mining in high security space should be like trying to trying to get the last of the peanut butter out of the jar, always some more there, but just not worth scraping out.

Ore out side of high security space got hit too.

Because all the fun PvE content goes there, like the drifter invasion everyone forgot about.

Well, structure spam was knocked off the ā€˜most annoying part of eve 2020ā€™ by the ā€˜big red dotā€™ by a fair margin.

Its not being ruined as much by CCP as they player base is. People just canā€™t help themselves but to do min-max gameplay, because thatā€™s what gets rewarded.

Is that 200 million an hour? With LP factored in?

Hope not, that camel is carrying enough straws that rumplestilskin could pay off the federal debt and still have change leftover.

Predicating the MESS on PvP is an awful idea for high security space. there are just too many systems where nothing happens and the DBS will unfairly punish those locations.

On the other hand, it would also have the effect of increasing PvE payout in an area where CODE ganks people, making more people want to do PvE stuff there.

Bring back the second incursion site in High Security space!

At 60 million ISK per hour, its still about 30 hours continuous work, which doesnā€™t sound practical. The real problem was always people in supers ratting for 500 million an hour. Which meant they could buy even more supers from all the ore that was being turbo-rorqual mined.

Which is why CCP needs to change the PvE content and quit tinkering around with adaptive taxes like its some blizzare progressive spaceship IRS.

No local in 0.0. People who liked to PvP thought it would be great. After two weeks. they got upset because those who PvE had logged off to play other games. CCP eventually turned local back on, but not before the large blocks proved that a super umbrella is the best umbrella and a whole lot of other people decided that other games were more fun long after blackout was done.

Delayed local should have been called ā€˜optionalā€™ local, as delayed indicates some kind of waiting is required.

If only CCP made people pay for subs, rather than allowing in game PLEX to be used. Keep PLEX for buying stuff, but if time in game cost real $$$ all those bots would go.

2 Likes

Hey :slight_smile:

Just a question. Why is this not also live/a thing in Low/HiSec?
I got back to game a bit and this totally looks like something HiSec (also) needs.

1. Increase difficulty and bounties in HiSec Ratting replace missions with this. Add controling faction (amarr, caldari,mini, galente) stadning, lp, 1 run BPCs to rats, some lootā€¦ make new rats classic ā€œPvPā€ fitted and have them use player hull names - Blood Raider Slicer / Blood Raider Harbringer / Blood Raider Curor, Blood Raider Vengenance,ā€¦) this is a move to teach new people, whatā€™s what.

2. Have these ESS accessible only by public Accel Gate. Maybe add 2 gates (left - right, that send you to two different zones on ESS grid - for dueling/gangfight purposes)

3. Accel gate informs you, you are entering ā€œNullSec / PvP / Demilitarizedā€ zone. And on confirm, tosses you in. Maybe even sets your color to Red/Blue, hmm.

4. Get the bank! :cake:
    ā€“
    Rework missions with time to haveā€¦ objectives other than ā€œpew pewā€. Like hacking, remote repping, web/scraming, etcā€¦ so they become 2-5 people activity more than solo.
    ā€“
    1.0 - Frig only
    0.9 - up to Destroyers
    0.8 - up to Cruisers
    0.7 - up to Cruisers
    0.6 - up to BC
    0.5 - up to BC
    (keep size under BS for highsec, imo).

Think of this like more ways to give players easy access to PvP thatā€™s not ā€œgate campā€ :wink:
Might get more people accept dying and moving to low/null.
Some easy reason/way to find PvP even as solo pilot. Add 5.000 SP daily reward for jumping in to zone.

P.S. IT WILL INCREASE DESTRUCTION. (I guess you need this as incentive) :wink:

After a few weeks , I realised that whole ESS is dead as content. I barely see ESS robbers in my region,( not even reported in Intel) so this content just hit on pve and brings no more conflict as CCP planned. while that, DBS only drops around, as the expected conflict never happened.

Why do you think that? Point of bots is RTM, if it costed real $$$, they could still be profitable. If you want the bots to go then PLEX price plays major role. As for example, if you buy 20$ worth of PLEX from CCP and get 2 billions in game, but you can buy 6$ of PLEX worth stuff from botters for 2billion ISK, guess which one is going to stay in business.

Other than that, keep in mind that bot owners might also try to steal your payment data as well, that is another thing to consider.

Overall, just making payment with real $ to play would affect them in very small way. The bigger thing would be to remove multiboxing from single machine.

Removed an off topic post.

There are a number of cloaky camping, d-scan scraping bot herds out there that have nothing to do with RMT.

Donā€™t be silly. PLEX just sets a cap on how high RMT prices can go, it does not stop RMT.

The removal of multboxing actually happened for a few hours some years ago after a patch. By those numbers, 1/2 to 2/3 players are alts.

Sure, those should also be looked, actually I didnā€™t consider those to be honest, charging real money for them would maybe impact it a bit, but considering how many people sink hours and hours in this game, they would prolly eat the costā€¦ Seen all those nutjobs spending 3000+ USD on golden ammo in world of tank and other similar games?

I didnā€™t say it would stop it, but setting the cap would make it less profitable, I am just saying that in case of RMT, the actual payed account makes less difference, since we can observe RMT in many games that charge monthly sub

And that would be good, I really started to dislike alts a few years backā€¦ Wanna join alliance? Do you have scouting alts? Wanna do industry? Do you have more manufacturing job alts? Wanna do trading? Well, do you have alts in every trade centerā€¦

For me EVE is still meh due to multiboxing and all the market / jita local / etc botsā€¦ Speed up travel, remove bots, you canā€™t tell me somebody has endurance and willpower to do 0.1 isk whole day and post same message 3 times per second for hoursā€¦ Donā€™t even get me started with all the ISBoxer client overlays, etc, pretty sure that is still going onā€¦ 1 client per machine would solve a lot of issuesā€¦

2 Likes

There are enough bots in Eve, they rule the market and thus indirectly make prices for real players. Maybe only 30% is created by real players, the rest by bots - it starts with minerals.

So vast research arms of alts, market alts, and PI alts are fine, you want to remove both legal and illegal alting from the public eye and keep it safe in stations and never undocking? Are you sure you are against alts/bots?

Apart from the fact that it would interfere with the normal legal playstyle of an awful lot of people, itā€™s easily circumvented with virtual machines.

ā€¦and"I donā€™t like alts, so no-one else is allowed them" is selfish, puerile and disgraceful.

2 Likes

Nope, heā€™s just against anything that might interfere with his krabbingā€¦

1 Like

Not quite following what you are asking, but yea, I would prefer all alts to be removed, if youā€™re doing something, commit to that. Without all this support from countless alts, we wouldnā€™t have titan caches every 5 jumpsā€¦

EVE client can gather about itā€™s environment if you look at EULA and can figure out if it is running inside VM. As for it being selfish, puerile and disgraceful, if you say so, sureā€¦ Not sure how it is exactly those things, but I am sure you will elaborate it in your next reply.

Also, I consider it puerile that you would react in such a manner since you disagree with somebodies opinion which isnā€™t in line with your own. Also maybe you are selfish with your army of alts taking opportunities from other players. If that was the case, that would be disgraceful.

Actually, I already won EVE, I log in every few weeks to see what is going on and keep an eye on forums to see if there is something new worth going on. As for krabbing, I had to look up the term, looks like I would need to be in null sec to be krabbing, considering I didnā€™t undock 4-4 in about a year now, that is a bit overreaching with that term.

1 Like

Why should I suffer because you cant multitask?

1 Like