Enough with the intel warning programs

Which you can’t provide evidence for the existence for, nor can you quantify the scale of the problem if said software does exist.

Learn to PVP and stop whining, intel systems are not the reason you are bad at hunting.

I’m not even trying to hunt you pathetic whiner. Posting links to software like that can get you a ban. Posting links to screen capture software wouldn’t teach anyone anything. Bog off back under your bridge :parrotsleep:

1 Like

Until you can quantify the problem and show it’s a problem, nobody should listen to anything you have to say. Sorry if it hurts you that your opinion is worthless.

I don’t expect anyone to listen to anything i say. I don’t know why you’re being so triggered over this. You should just learn to use a computer and you’d understand why what i say is so easy to do :stableparrot:

Can you provide anything to back that up if not a link an app name, a search term anything… I’ve been working with intel apps a lot lately and have not encountered anything like that…

SMT (my own map/intel tool) , Vintel, Near2, Brave Intel Map & Uploader and a couple of closed source ones all parse log files. What your talking about would require capturing part of the screen, parsing the image to text (SCR) and then automatically doing something else… not beyond the realm of possibility, but certainly not “just learn to use a computer” trivial

Killing a player in a ship setup for ratting or any other kind of PVE doesn’t go against the spirit of the game. Sure you may see it as pathetic, risk averse, or easy, but the truth is that automated systems to feed intel and give an audio que is against the EULA.

I understand that these programs are one way that players like you utilize to add another step of protection in your gameplay, but the honest truth is that it’s automation and there are other ways to pass intel and monitor systems without breaking the EULA.

CCP should remove chat logs from the game to remove the parsing of said logs by 3rd party software, it is just common sense that this is a broken mechanic that gives unfair advantage, in a sense that it enables AFK & automated warnings.

1 Like

Here is a thread from 2014 in which people are openly discussing building screen readers, as well as others discussing having built them, used them and been offered them for sale. I will however not be linking any software on the forums (duh). Make of that what you will.

Do you think this would help ? people would just post intel to discord/slack/irc/jabber instead

There’s a huge difference between a person posting intel to your alliance or corps chat platform of choice and having an automated process that doesn’t require any human element to report the intel.

Yep, and removing chat logs does absolutely zero towards resolving that

This is just a whine thread from somebody who is too Bad to hunt.
I myself use Vintel and we DON’T USE Intel Bots, we Post this stuff ourselves in the intelchannel, we don’t use Intel Bots. If someone is seen in intel like 4 jumps out the system will alert you via sound. There is nothing breaking the eula, because Vintel only scans the Intel channel, which is being posted in by real players.

And you are defending groups of players that prefer to not be bothered with paying attention to intel channels. It’s called laziness.

I remember when watchlist notifications were being abused from the log server with a scrapper to effectively ping people out of game when a Super or Titan pilot logged on. This is the same kind of bogus mass communication of intel, using an out of game method to broadcast it to others.

Paint it how you want, but it’s just as against the rules as scraping the logserver was.

1 Like

So whats your solution then ?

This isn’t even against the eula, the only rules in eve. IT’S NOT ABOUT YOUR RULES.

I don’t have a solution. I don’t want to get rid of chat logs.

Prove the problem exists or be quiet.

How many players benefit? 3 or 3000?

at least a billion. What a stupid question. You’re just trying to derail the conversation really.

The only stupid person here is you and your inability to understand the importance of quantifying a problem.

If only a handful of people benefit from automated intel systems, why should CCP bother to waste any time trying to solve it as it would have no significant effect on gameplay.