EVE as a Mobile Game Only

I got the gist of what you were saying, and I found the concern to be unjustified. It’s a waste of time to actually read everything that was written.

My suggestion was to the author, rather than to the topic. Argumentation and related skills (clearly and quickly getting to the heart of the matter) are very useful. Your verbosity harms your objective.

It’s funny though, this is a forum not a news website or blog. What was wrote was much more like an article than a forum post. It’s not wrong, but the format is not conducive to the environment. Know your audience.

Out of the 13 likes currently in this thread, 6 of them are on my post saying you wrote way too much. I’m not alone in my opinion.

Duck and cover folks, the mouthbreathers are here.

Edit: And for the record, the first computational device that actually qualifies as a computer (you know, something that computes things) was developed by the Brits in 1832.

As I stated many times in this thread, console games and mobile games should exist for players interested to play them. I’m worried about the new trend in gaming industry - mobile only. Your arguments that this can’t be, it will not work, are good and legit. But this is the reason why I made this thread, at the same time. I had the same attitude since autumn 2018, until was announced that CCP will be purchased by PA and at EVE Vegas 2018 was presented a mobile game version of EVE developed in cooperation with NetEasy Games. The same action were performed by Bethesda for TES and Blizzard for Diablo.

This new expansion of mobile games is savage! About what is this thread…

• The Elder Scrolls and Diablo games, being designed as a PC game like EVE is, were announced mobile games only. Like 3-4 years ago nobody in that community believed that this can ever happen.

• There are good mobile games, even veery good, but most of them, due to what fans and known players are saying, are total garbage macro-transaction AFK-grinding. So, @Nana_Skalski, there isn’t need to play 'em in metro or in motion to work - you can just push the Autopilot Button and the game will play herself for you. It’s a new game model btw.

• Known people and players suggests that many of those games are ‘reskined’ versions of already made or purchased franchises.

• It’s unthinkable the attitude of some game directors towards their customers: “If you don’t like the game, don’t play it!”, “We need to respect mobile games! (Just respect it!)”, “Don’t you guys have phones?”, “Nothing brings the family together like slaying demons! - by Wyatt Cheng (Principle Designer, Diablo)”… It’s savage!

• Do you think it can’t be worse? You are wrong! As Quins69 mentioned in his v-blog (look above), the community were disappointed and they have expressed it through down votes and comments. I don’t know what is the case or reason, but like tens of thousands of downvotes and negative posts were deleted from official sources due to socialblade.com. Diablo Reddit is more toxic than EVE Reddit ever was maybe. Blizzard published some clone trailers to blur the statistics even.

Finally, there’s another long lived project. Do you remember the Command & Conquer? Maybe everybody remember it. Here’s its new mobile only version:

Maybe you are right about the text format. I see that players aren’t very “in touch to it”. It’s my decision to write like this. Finally, I thought I’m writing to the EVE community, considering how the reddit/eve is going, and not to the EA community.

Chinese, japanese and koreans already play mobile games, so why not give them titles known and that would remind them about the PC titles? If companies can make a buck out of it, why not? Its developed by third party for separate market. I think people in those corporations actually think its ok to direct that news towards the audience that have mobile gaming somewhere sun never shines, but truth is it is marginalized by the old guard of players and the rest would actually know about it from news on their mobile pjhones, browsing you tube. Who cares, I will not play any of this titles anyway. I just like the drama it causes.

1 Like

Dude…shut. Up.

Charles Babbage invented the first computer around 1838.
Alan Turing published an abstract concept of general purpose computers, the foundation of modern computers, in 1936.
Both of them are English. From the UK.

The first programmable computer was then built by Konrad Zuse, a German.

So no, you didn’t invent ■■■■.

3 Likes

I would be in favour of Eve having an official app that allows limited functionality like adjusting your skill queue. That is a glaring omission in my opinion. But obviously you can’t play ‘Eve proper’ on your phone. That should go without saying. Eve is the most sophisticated computer game in existence. That’s why I’m here and the peasants in real life around me have never heard of it.

1 Like

Yeah, the original PC architecture has a long ‘UK history’. BTW, Clive Sinclair at Cambridge managed to build one of the cheapest home computer ZX80, which was a prototype idea to move from old mainframe PC architectures to home or personal modern computers.

In USA these PC ideas evolved a lot towards practical usage as hardware and software, which is a huge work and invention as its discovering was. Such PC OS software like Windows and MacOS are pure USA creation, like the Internet itself which they are using to create a NET. Internet is a social product (including Google, social networks, Amazon), which was built based on a military project DARPA. The same is true for modern mobile devices - Steve Jobs at Apple just designed the future design and concept of almost all mobile devices.

Therefore, it’s not wrong to say that modern PC and entire IT industry was designed based on the USA culture - it’s National treasure of USA. It’s important to notice, as many people told me, that products made in USA are practical, reliable, corpulent.

Same.

Do you remember the SP queue issues like last year? There was a thread in which players already asked about such a mobile app to manage the SP queue list. Such kind of app will work well for PI or marketing even. I think players a ready to buy them.

You understood wrong my thread. I believe, you just read the title and made the decision about what it is and this is the point. EVE will not work well on mobile. The problem is in these IPs. Modern game developers are trying to put all possible applications on mobile platforms only and those games aren’t games anymore, which people like to play.

This is the point of game industry crisis and about what it’s this thread - players demand quality game products.

This is the point of software industry crisis and about what it’s this thread - programmers demand money for their work.

True, programming is a hard and complex job. As I know, programmers always were well paid: before macro-transaction, micro-transactions, subscriptions. App developing companies were profitable when it was pay per app license on CD and DVD. Nowadays people talking about shares, about how many millions of subscriptions were acquired last year and so on. IDK why a small application (with a $75k budget) should have 1 million accounts to be profitable.

The WWW was invented by Tim Berners-Lee at CERN.

Modern IT culture can be pretty much boiled down to sensationalism, manipulation, social media addiction and getting people to click ads. Civilization at large would be way better off without all this crap based on pure greed.

Maybe in your country, but outside of it “Made in USA” is about on par with “Made in China” as far as quality is concerned. Which makes all those tariffs on steel and what not especially funny, because US steel is low-quality garbage.

2 Likes

The guy who has 250 mobile phones in his jacket and can play all his alts… yup, they didn’t think of the possibility one or two players might have more than one account.
It will be a hit or miss depending on how many thousand new players they can get and keep interested. Mostly the keeping people interested is extremely difficult on online platforms, but I guess CCP is the king of player retention…

On the other hand it’s not the first nor last time EVE IP has been squandered on something that was useless as it wasn’t tied to the real game.

You are underestimating

1 Like
  • Steve Jobs at Apple just designed the future design and concept of almost all mobile devices.

Most apple devices were designed by Jony Ive, who is English and a lot of mobile architecture is done by ARM - of the UK.

I agree that US nationals have had a huge influence on modern computing, but it is a global industry. Most modern tech stuff is still made in China, because China has a better skilled electrical engineering sector than the US. This includes Apple, Samsung, Asus Intel etc.

Don’t you guys have phones?

2 Likes

VR failed and now they have to cater to the people that cant step away from their game.

Well, I’d like to answer to it like a professional in this domain. The WWW is just a service of Internet, which works on Application level only based on HTTP protocol. CERN, btw, is a none IT structure and Tim Berners-Lee is an IT-scientist, which invented the formal language HTML (Hypertext Markup Language), HTTP and URI to create web-documents and link them together with hyperlinks by using the HTTP protocol. He did it to share the scientific works for his colleagues at CERN around the world.

The WWW is an Internet service since 1990, but Internet existed over a decade already. Before the WWW/HTML become so popular in 90x, people already used FTP for doing it and other network protocols and services like e-mail (POP/IMAP), distant access (TELNET, rlogin). Therefore, WWW like FTP and dozens of other protocols and services is a part of Internet, which is based on protocol stack TCP/IP. WWW is a client/server TCP/IP service architecture. TCP/IP is the principle technology, based on which the Internet works to support connections between computers and telecommunication. This technology was invented and developed in USA by Douglas Comer, Jon Postel and many others at universities and companies in cooperation with countless of microelectronic production companies from Silicon Valley at that time.

The Internet protocol suite TCP/IP is the conceptual model and set of communications protocols and similar computer networks. It has four levels and, based on your service example, for WWW they are next:

• Application (HTML/HTTP - defines which applications and how they must process the final data);

• Transport (TCP - fragmentates the data into packets or unite the data from packets and sends them to app socket port);

• Internet (IP - defines how the packets should be sent between computers based on IP using routing protocols);

• Link (Ethernet/FDDI/ATM/MAC/FrameRelay/ PPP - This layer includes the protocols used to describe the local network topology and the interfaces needed to effect transmission of Internet layer datagrams to next-neighbor hosts).

The WWW isn’t the entire Internet and the modern changes to it and entire IT-industry is just a demonstration that the current Internet becomes to be what was designed by Douglas Comer, Jon Postel and others at IAB (Internet Architecture Board). Truly, nowadays we are using more and more none true Web services like chat, IP-telephony, video-phones (Skype), e-mail, video-conferences (Discord), BtB (Business-to-Business), online entertainment (like video games), online payment (PayPal). These tech works/can work without HTML/HTTP support.

The click adds monetization concept was invented by Mark Zuckerberg and implemented into Facebook and it made him a billionaire. Lets say it’s a temporary phenomenon, like Beatlemania time ago, and people already are feel “to keep it not so close”. The same will happen with these “hashtag” concepts.

As I stated in the OP, it’s impossible to recreate the core game concepts of EVE on mobile platforms like: Overview, D-Scan, Local and the support of hundreds or thousands of fleet members together. EVE on mobile should be more like Civilization or Stellaris games.

1 Like