Eve can be saved!

Belief persistence is a thing.

More skillpoints for noobs only makes them more expensive killmails.

Now the noobies can yolo pirate faction ships into lowsec and all them skillpoints in the world will still not make them fly better.

I think you’re just trying to twist my words as if im begging for free sp or so… I already have enough, at 100mil sp… im fine, I do say skill training needs to be looked into though cause its boring to wait… and yeah having an exp grind typical of other games is common and eve surely doesn’t try to copy them in that aspect… but that one time ccp rise allowed players to gain a free 2k sp for killing an NPC was a GOOD thing… too bad his pretty pie charts ruined the idea.

I don’t think eve will be saved. I think CCP has an end game for eve which is simply to milk it until the cash runs dry. Eve has at least another 3 solid years ahead of it at least. I don’t think the majority of the team will last that long though as it takes a lot more people to build than it does to maintain.

CCP will take every penny it can out of Eve to fund another venture soon. They are going to weigh up what damage Star Citizen does and then either sell the IP for eve or plain ship the game as is to a new company.

IF SC flops ( which it may) then CCP may put some cash and development into EVE but IMHO the game has gotten stale & nothing but a new universe from scratch would save the concept.

I think there is room for another hardcore style universe like eve online right now but it would have to be a balanced & rule enforced universe. I don’t think it would even have to be space based, simply a persistent hardcore MMO, even CCP has toyed with this idea in the past before can kicking the Seatle based team behind it.

The new CCP project team is going to be London based that is a 100% as they are already posting adverts for development positions in London for the new project.

Eve’s downfall was that it was far too corrupt with rules being enforced against 1 person & not against others. Far too much dev & mod corruption is what shrunk this game into the abysmal bot ridden fest it became. I don’t belive CCP entertainment has gotten to grips with this problem yet, in fact I think it runs through the core of the company & any new game they develop would have exactly the same issue.

People have been saying this for something like 6 years now…and the game was supposed to be released in 2014…and again in 2016…now there is no official release date. But hey your optimism is admirable.

Before that it was Elite: Dangerous that was going to kill the game…but here we are.

Will the game die? Probably, most things do, but when? Who knows.

Well i’d hate to see this game die off as some random mmo out there. Theres nothing even remotely similiar or close to what eve is. Theres no other game where market and industry works like in eve. Only thing i would put my development time is some big change’s to how sov works. something huge that would inflict wars in both low and null sec. Eve needs ships to be destoyed aswell as miners to inject the minerals into this game.

Inb4 Eve dies because everyone’s ratting null in the supers that took them 1-3 months to get perfect skills for. You want to see a dead economy, wait till you see what that looks like.

2 Likes

Even Billy fake-mispells better than this gi.

yea why don’t you and ccp point me to that system where I can get a fawking 250mil tic… sure as hell it isn’t in provi… and ccp hates provi…so I really flip them the bird altogether.

Try drone lands. No loot to worry about, the rats drop nothing (save for the rare spawns). Just higher bounties.

Your average horde has a 28-31 mil bounty, getting 250m ticks means you’d need to clear 9 in 20 mins. That’s really not super-hard if you’re using a pure ratting fit super.

The moment you get a rare spawn, which definitely happens, you can expect that to happen far easier. If you get a capital or supercap spawn, it’s all but assured.

2 Likes

Well thank you for that tip… omg that was really helpful information… thank you mr.old pervert

1 Like

Eve cannot be saved, it is dying since 2003

1 Like

Talk for yourself!

I have been an EVE player since start. EVE is not to die, - new people are to learn the ropes. If you look closer, it live better than you think. EVE is a habitat. It is there to be used.

Poster obviosly have missed the point of what is the dynamic of this play. I train for a skill when I need it or see fit. The game is about much more than technicality. Thank you for seeing that point, Lady Ayeipsia

It’s already there: skill injectors. Grind more ISK and buy you some SP.

Eve won’t die until Hilmar decides to retire and sell it to EA, then it dies.

1 Like

Nope, it is the biggest selling point and cheat stix created this cool environment that the kids call sooper dooper bot farming infinite isk for riskless for 100 bucks.

Those kids get bored after only 3 weeks flying their sooper dooper and leave.

1 Like

Is this 2005?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.